• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ali already sick of the inbreds - Wants to come home

R

Ripper

http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/4560144a22439.html

Blues prodigal son Ali Williams will return to the Super 14 side next year if Pat Lam is named as coach.

The Sunday News has learned the ace lock â€" as well as All Blacks and Chiefs wrecking machine Sione Lauaki â€" have indicated they will sign with the franchise if Lam, is named as David Nucifora’s replacement.

Williams â€" who starred for the Crusaders in Saturday night’s semifinal victory against the Hurricanes â€" left the Blues at the end of last season after a falling out with Nucifora.

And while the All Blacks lock has enjoyed his time in Christchurch he is keen to return to Auckland and link up with Lam - the coach who he helped win his first NPC ***le in 2005.

Lauaki, who despite playing 24 games for Auckland, has never played for the Blues.

After being loaned to the Chiefs in 2004 he was eventually signed by Waikato but not before he enjoyed a solitary season under Lam in Auckland that same year.

No 8 is a problem position for the Blues.

Nick Williams did the job this year but he is not robust enough for Lam’s liking.

Lauaki - the brother of Warriors star Epalahame - would form a championship winning potential backrow alongside Daniel Braid and NRL target Jerome Kaino.

Laukai’s manager, former All Black Craig Innes, confirmed the players’ Super 14 future was "being negotiated."

All Blacks fullback Mils Muliaina - a part of the last Blues side that won a Super ***le in 2003 - has also been linked to a move back to the Blues but that won’t happen until 2010.[/b]

McAlister's also made noises about coming home now that he's got his paycheque when his contract expires.

It will ruin him, so to Lauaki. The ultimate career suicide in NZ rugby is to move to Auckland. Look what happened to Ron Cribb. Vice versa, Tuiali'i came to Canterbury from Auckland and now he's class.

Don't mind Williams f***ing back off but it's not a smart move on Lauaki's part.

Well Deans is going...so I can imagine Williams not wanting to stay anymore...amd with Lam being the new coach a move to back to Auckland does not sound far fetched at all.

Williams has done very well in Christchurch and really helped the Crusaders out since we lost Chris Jack, so it has been good to get him. But you could tell when the Blues played the Crusaders he was more at home with his old mates, so he should go back.

It will also be good to get McAlister back to up in Auckland since we're all losing good old Nick Evans.

At least we are Inbreds that can beat you. What does that say about aucklanders? hahahaha.

This looks like bullshit.

There is no quotes or anything from the players.

Mmm I might just make up that Sivivatu wants to go to the Hurricanes... Thats sounds like a good story.

This looks like bullshit.

There is no quotes or anything from the players.

Mmm I might just make up that Sivivatu wants to go to the Hurricanes... Thats sounds like a good story. [/b]

Maybe Sivivatu going to play for Suva would sound better :bleh!:

well the facts are that alot of auckland players dislike nusi, obviously enough so, to change franchise. the brumbies had the same problem. the total truth of it is debatable - but the theory behind it isnt.

good on them
i reckon williams is great at the crusaders and if he wants to move he should but he should stay at the crusaders in my opinion!

Latest posts