• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black EOYT North named .....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Oct 28 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Both Masaga and Gear are very exciting players. I'm sure Henry will give them another chance soon and I'm sure they'll make the most of it. Out of the 2 I like watching Masaga because he's really exciting to watch and because he plays for Counties in the Npc he's being fed scraps and still manages to makes something out of nothing. Hosea Gear needs a bit of space before he can really work his magic but he has players around him that help get the ball in good situations for him whereas Masaga has to do most of it himself.[/b]
I'd say they are probably the two most exciting players with the ball in hand in New Zealand rugby, along with Sivivatu. The way international rugby is at the moment you really need to be a complete winger - the wingers selected for the AB's (Smith, Guilford, Sivivatu, Jane) all have a lot of experience at fullback, and its these fullback skills the AB selectors are looked for in there wingers. Both Gear and Masaga need to work on catching kicks, defense (in Gears case its more positioning on defense than his 1 on 1 tackling which is quite strong), work rate, and there ability to read the game. Gear has had a lot of trouble with injuries in the past, and really needs to get a full season of super 14 behind him to show what he is capable of. Both have been capped for the AB's so are obviously in the selectors minds - they will however need to improve in a number of areas during super 14 next year if they are going to make the AB's.

Scrum V just showed the All Blacks squad walking the hotel in Cardiff... Except Dan Carter, who was limping slowly through the doors of the Hilton. Could be a concern for New Zeland, but a belssing for Wales. *Crosses fingers*

I hope Carters injured for the rest of the tour than we'll get to see how crap Donald really is and than our selectors will realize they have to pick a hell of alot better backup 1st5 than Donald. That and it might give Mike Delany a good chance to wear black.

Seriously thou I'm all good with Carter being injured because the Wellington Lions are taking on the Cantabs this weekend. Come next week after we beat them than I'll start liking Carter again :p

Latest posts