• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black new cap contenders

i wonder if they wouldn't take the opportunity to take fekitoa or another wing knowing you have barrett and slade already there

I just don't see skuddler being picked in a world cup year.

Piutau knows the systems and has been there before and played very well. Anyone who says he isn't a loss to this team is kidding themselves.

If it wasn't a world cup year that's fine, let him go and pick skuddler.

It takes more then one solid super rugby season to walk into all blacks, exhibit one Andre Taylor.

In saying that in positions were depth is lacked like wing newcomers like naholo and Lowe probably will come in to play. But that is because we are genuinely unprepared in these areas. I think Hansen would be first to admit he hasn't fully covered the wing with depth. It is probably the only position. I mean there should be a power house winger prepped as saveas emergency backup by now. We are in the freakin world cup year.

Fullback there is Smith, dagg, Barrett, slade, piutau. All groomed and prepared to step up for the world cup.

Piutau. He has to be in the mix for me - things are going to get tight with injuries; he has some experience and can cover wing + fullback. He'd become the second choice fullback if Ben Smith got injured (and Dagg was still injured - which I'm not sure he will be?). If Piutau got injured as well then I'd stick Colin Slade there. Downside to that is, Dan Carter would feature more prominently, but it's kind of a last resort. Carter has looked decent at 10 for the Crusaders, not so much at 12. Sorry, I'm just not really a fan of experimenting and handing out new caps on world cup year.

No, I think you have to give Skudder the nod if we gets some experience come the Championship. He's the inform full back other than Ben Smith and shuffling players around in a world cup is worse than giving a debut to a good player.

My choice would be Piutau if fit.

I still dont think Piutau will even be there (WC). Going from whats been said they gave him a rocket and he hasnt jumped on it party due to injury but before that he wasnt exactly leading by example at the Blues. The Blues needed him to do his best impression of Ben Smith and he couldnt do that. I honestly dont see a problem with taking Skudder over him. I still dont see why we would take Piutau over Skudder. Piutau is a third choice fullback and arguably a 3rd choice wing if they select Naholo and Ben can cover that aswell.

We have untold guys that can cover wing. Hell SBW was on the wing at the last WC and theres no way he's going to start at 12 in a final!

Hansen is not leaving after this WC so hes got nothing to loose on leaving Piutau out and yet he can gain experience with a guy that will be here next year.... Im sorry but to me its just a no brainer.