• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black Strip

Aha,

have just been informed that was a team called the "Eyeliners" from nz who have done something with green away strip. Not sure why i saw MCcaw in it (maybe had a few too many sherbets that night)!!

RMC42.jpg

Its a cycling jersey, known as the green jersey ("maillot vert") worn by the leader in the points competition of the Tour de Pharmacy. Its also used in the Giro Italia, for something else... King of the Mountains I think.

The other thing you might have seen is this

4847256.jpg

A Crusaders training jersey.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with England choosing to wear black - they can wear what they want to. I don't know why they would choose black, however. Their national colours are white and red and if I supported them I would want them to stick to them.

I think the black away jersey's pretty ugly personally, but that's not because it's imitating the AB's or anything like that, I just don't really like it. The numbers falling off was pretty funny though :p.

What Olly said. get out of here you complete tool. but you're alloowed to wear white? I literally can't believe some people.

Apples and oranges. If you don't know why, you're a tool or a fool (I really hate sticking up for kiwis this much, but if you weren't aware NZ's national colours (or "tones" in this case) are Black AND white, then I'm guessing you're more the latter with a touch of the former).

England can wear whatever they like really, but that doesn't mean we don't get to call them on their bullsh#t. And lets not kid ourselves, this was done to a) cause controversy and b) to get more English people buying more jumpers. Which to me makes the RFU look a bit like a pack of petty douchebags, while making the England team themselves just look ridiculous.

Last edited:
Does NZ not realise that Wales also have a black change kit?
Or does that not matter because they're not England?

there has always been something special about the black kit and nobody can carry it off like the All Blacks !

Does NZ not realise that Wales also have a black change kit?
Or does that not matter because they're not England?

This...
I don't understand why only England is receiving all this flak.

wont speak for all kiwis, at least the ones on this forum have common sense, but it's the kiwis that take the whole "disrespecting the haka, disrespecting the black jersey, disrespecting sir richie mccaw" thing too far who seem to be worried about england's away strip.
at the end of the day it's a colour, new zealand don't own it, get over it. I just hope they did a better job at pressing the numbers onto england's home jersey!

that was bad the numbers coming off so easily. people get carried away with the importance of colours and designs of kits - home shirt needs to be traditional and patriotic, change kit should just be for colour clashes

This is all water under the bridge, and nothing to do with the players or management.

but all the same there are some serious tools in the rfu marketing dept.

The purple one was manky,and don't tell me it didn't cross someone's mind that it would cause a stir to have a black jersey at an nz world cup. No the kiwis don't have a right to black but it's clearly associated with them..all blacks for gods sake!

It's clever in terms of marketing and dumb in terms of stirring things up as if England are pantomime baddies.

He who mentions the 'Borthwick error' is liable to excecution in the worst way imaginable. Watching a re-run of the England vs Italy 2010 game, including Borthwicks post match interview. May god have mercy on your soul. Roll on two...

I remember watching that match with my Dad, and us both just being "What...The...F....." at the interview

wtf happened at the interview?

I'm not sure about the England away strip... I'm not too fussed about the black jersey but why did they make it all black? Yes NZ's away strip has a white jersey but they wear black shorts. England could have gone with a black jersey with white shorts but they didn't, they went all black.

Last edited:
wtf happened at the interview?

I'm not sure about the England away strip... I'm not too fussed about the black jersey but why did they make it all black? Yes NZ's away strip has a white jersey but they wear black shorts. England could have gone with a white jersey and black shorts but they didn't, they went all black.

A white shirt for home and away wouldnt work xD I know you ment black shirt white shorts. and tbh its to do with the home kit is all white.

Latest posts