• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black Strip

JWat

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
How do others feel about the English wearing the All Black strip? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Kiwis having a white strip? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Tongans wearing a red kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Samoans wearing a blue kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Italians wearing a blue kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

They're just colours.

How do others feel about the Kiwis having a white strip? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Tongans wearing a red kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Samoans wearing a blue kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

How do others feel about the Italians wearing a blue kit? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

They're just colours.

True. I don't see a problem and it does get to me how precious some people make it.

I guess the problem comes about because England have no association with the colour black. In the same way that Tonga has no association with green, or Ireland with blue, or New Zealand with red. The reason is clear why England came to New Zealand with an all black strip and it's that that some people are a bit ****** off about. I guess one could call it arrogance. I personally couldn't care less. As Richie McCaw said when questioned if he was bothered by the idea of playing England in a white strip: "If the colour of your jersey is going to affect the way you play then you need to take a long look at yourself."

Last edited:
In fairness, it doesn't really look much like the AB jersey. We wear an away strip which seems very similar to Fiji. We're not disrespecting Fiji, we're just wearing an away strip. If anything, it seems more like clever marketing than aything else.

For the people who are going on about this, keep in mind the England teams took time out of their busy timetable to visit Christchurch and are the first team to do so. I've been really impressed with the England team off the rugby field, and I don't think a jersey will influence my opinion.

What was England's alternative strip before? Was it red?

Hang on a mo!!!! Haven't the NZ tea started to wear a green away strip??? Well, isn't that flattering to the outstanding 2 time (out of 4) world cup winners SA then! Wannabee Boks anyone???

I think the idea was probably borne out of some sad attempt to 'psyche-out' other teams (particularly the home-nation). But, yes... there has to have been a level of arrogance behind the decision to actually run with the idea! It absolutely smacks of a "look-at-me" mentality and makes England look a bit daft!

Citing the colours of other teams change-strips as some form of pseudo-justification for it is just fudging the issue... we all know it was a silly thing to do and why!!!

Don't really see it that way. Think that it is more to do with £££ for the rfu. After all, England have done the blue, red and purple (now that is bad) away stirps and so is just another way of fleecing the fans. Really is a matter that is mute as all the NZ team have come out and said pretty much "so what?" and so for others to take unbridge is laughable. Think people just like to stir the pot. England have always worn black as part of their home kit (socks) and so it is not an alien colour to them. Would like to hear the Bok opinions on the green nz away strip. Seems their fans beleive that to take offence at such a thing would be pretty petty and so have left it be.

England have always worn black as part of their home kit (socks)

I always thought that was a dark blue?

Would like to hear the Bok opinions on the green nz away strip. Seems their fans beleive that to take offence at such a thing would be pretty petty and so have left it be.

What are you smoking? New Zealand's away strip is white, it always has been (except for in 2007 which I don't like to count)

Last edited:
England have always worn black socks with a white trim. Haven't nz unveiled a new green strip. Am sure i saw a picture of Richard McCaw in recent press. If so does this not stink of arrogance trying to emulate a double world cup winning team? i dont think so and, to their credit, neither do the Boks fans!

England have always worn black socks with a white trim. Haven't nz unveiled a new green strip. Am sure i saw a picture of Richard McCaw in recent press. If so does this not stink of arrogance trying to emulate a double world cup winning team? i dont think so and, to their credit, neither do the Boks fans!

Again, what are you smoking?

The All Blacks' colours have always been black and white. Even if they were ever going to play outside that pallet don't you think they would come up with something slightly less boring than green?

England wear black socks, i saw McCaw parading a new green strip, i am smoking baby, oh yeah, you betcha ima smokin' oooohhhh!!!!!!

P.s. thread was aren't england arrogant wearing a black away strip? What do you think?

Aha,

have just been informed that was a team called the "Eyeliners" from nz who have done something with green away strip. Not sure why i saw MCcaw in it (maybe had a few too many sherbets that night)!!

England wear black socks,

Am I disputing that? I only asked the question whether they were black or dark blue.

i saw McCaw parading a new green strip,

Then I suggest you make an appointment to see a good optometrist.

i am smoking baby, oh yeah, you betcha ima smokin' oooohhhh!!!!!!
P.s. thread was aren't england arrogant wearing a black away strip? What do you think?

Well if you stop smoking perhaps you'll see that I've already commented on what I think.

Englands black jersey is nicer than New Zealands. I think New Zealand have more to worry about at this World Cup than the colour of other teams kits.

How do others feel about the English wearing the All Black strip? Unbelievable arrogance!!:(

facepalm_implied.jpg

Latest posts