All blacks Probables vs possibles is on the cards

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
So apparently they are looking to have an all blacks Probables vs possibles game this year. Might be the closest we are going to get to an international.

Potential teams:

Probables
Moody
Coles
Laulala
Retallick
Whitelock
Savea
Cane
Jacobson
Smith
Mounga
Bridge
Alb
Goodhue
Reece
Beauden

Taavao
Taylor
Tuungafasi
Scott
Frizell
Tj
Jordie
Laumape

Possibles

Tuinukuafe
Coltman
Lomax
Tuipolotu
Fifita
Boshier
Papalii
Sotutu
Weber
Havili
Faingaanuku
Faine
R. Ione
Alaimalo
Mckenzie

Moli
Aumua
Tokolahi
Parkinson
A. Ione
Tahuriorangi
Ennor
Telea

i think i would prefer a probables v Possibles to the North v South, North just has the populations to make it a bit one sided

i think i would prefer a probables v Possibles to the North v South, North just has the populations to make it a bit one sided
Two even sides with the best 46 could be interesting. Or you could have the probable forwards with the possible backs, and the possible forwards with the probable backs.

or you could split by age, or playing style, or something.

maybe you could do the old schoolyard thing where the captains take turns picking a player until all the players are picked, except you could have the coaches picking, with Plumtree and McLeod against Moore and Hewitt, foster overseeing both.

what do you think would be the most entertaining match including the top 46 players?

Two even sides with the best 46 could be interesting. Or you could have the probable forwards with the possible backs, and the possible forwards with the probable backs.

or you could split by age, or playing style, or something.

maybe you could do the old schoolyard thing where the captains take turns picking a player until all the players are picked, except you could have the coaches picking, with Plumtree and McLeod against Moore and Hewitt, foster overseeing both.

what do you think would be the most entertaining match including the top 46 players?

i actually like that but didn't suggest it because i though id be the only one

all thats announced before the game is the two captains and maybe the tight five's (safety concerns) but the rest gets picked on the field in front of everyone

yeah have 2 coaches, say razor and foster and they each have turns picking a player until we have a probables and possibles team. each coach has to pick there tight5 first in order from 1-5
AWESOME

yeah have 2 coaches, say razor and foster and they each have turns picking a player until we have a probables and possibles team. each coach has to pick there tight5 first in order from 1-5
AWESOME
id watch the hell out of that, even better wold be a three game series, different teams each time

who'd be the third coach? schmidt?
i mean same coaches, they just alternate who picks first and so you'd end up having to pick a different team

alternately you could have the local super rugby coach pick one team and foster pick the other, so when in chch its razor but when in dunners it Mauger/brown v foster

@Jabby
They should have done this to select the coaching groups

Latest posts