15 MacDonald

16 Hore
17 Tialata
18 Jack
19 Lauaki
20 Leonard
21 Evans
22 Toeava

Good to see our best midfield combination finally get a start together since France last year.

lol at Thorne at lock.

Just hurry up and send Keith Robinson home and bring over Flavell or Rawlinson, we all know it's going to happen eventually so may as well do it now.

Interesting to see they are not too keen on Ice at centre. Good! Unfortunately, Smith is crap too. Let's hope Mils can get another run there b4 the quarters.

imo smith is better that mills at centre, and he is better suited at fullback.

but thats just me.

and i agree with ripper (shock horror) send robinson home and take flavel, it will save time later on, and the more time he is in the team environment the better.

mils is a fullback through and through and I can't stand why people keep wanting to see him at centre. he can play centre fine but he is much better at fullback where he is one of the best in the world. the mcAlister smith combonation will be interesting to see how that goes. also can we please send robinson home so we don't have to see thorne in the starting line up again. almost the top lineup should be able to beat scotland comfortably by 20+ points

I admit i'm a BIG fan of Toeava but actually quite pleased to see Smith given another run at centre. Hope he shows glimpses of his old form because Toeava is on the bench.....any wrong move and he's gone.

But still ****** off at this rotation policy, I mean where the heck is Mealamu?

lol at Thorne at lock.

Just hurry up and send Keith Robinson home and bring over Flavell or Rawlinson, we all know it's going to happen eventually so may as well do it now.
[/b]

I'd rather send Ross Filipo over believe it or not. I hate Flavell more than I hate Thorne. Flavell's a prick.

As far as the ABs have progressed ahead of the other teams in the world, the lineouts and our midfield remain stagnant.
Smith is OK but he doesnt have that commanding presence, Guys like Odriscoll and Mortlock wouldnt be concerned by him. Toeavas talented with more speed to burn than most centres at the WC, but hes not as mature as we would have liked him to be by now, in a crunch game, i dunno...lets say the WC final, the opposition will ask serious questions of his decision making and im not so sure he will respond will flying colours. Weve had to settle for caretakers since umaga left.

1 Woodcok
2 Oliver
3 Heyman
4 Jack
5 Williams
6 Collins
7 McCaw ©
8 So'oialo

9 Kelleher

10 Carter
11 Rockocco
12 McAlister
13 Smith
14 Howlett
15 Mulliana

16 Hore
17 Tialata
18 Thorne
19 Lauaki
20 Leonard
21 Evans
22 Toeava

mils is a fullback through and through and I can't stand why people keep wanting to see him at centre. [/b]
Well tell that to Laurie Mains who said

'You can't convince me Muliaina won't play centre at some stage at the World Cup.

He's clearly the best No 13 we have.

And with Leon MacDonald in the best form of his career before his injury it would make sense in France to have both he and Muliaina on the park at the same time. If you had a fully fit backline going in the playoffs it is clear the backline would include MacDonald at fullback and Muliaina at centre'

and to Graham Henry who in 2006 started him at centre 6 times and at fullback only 5 times.

Hit the nail on the head Laurie!!!!!!!

What about Rokocoko? He deserves a start.
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing. I love watching him play, hope he gets a start soon. Maybe out right with Sivivatu playing left, that would be fun to watch = )

<div class='quotemain'>
lol at Thorne at lock.

[/b]

I'd rather send Ross Filipo over believe it or not. I hate Flavell more than I hate Thorne. Flavell's a prick. [/b][/quote]

Apparently Robinson is fit again (for how long though?) and should play against Romania. I too would prefer if they sent over Filipo instead of Flavell, however he suffered a season ending shoulder injury a few weeks back so won't be available - Flavell is certainly the one who will go over if Robinson is Flown home.

<div class='quotemain'>
What about Rokocoko? He deserves a start.
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing. I love watching him play, hope he gets a start soon. Maybe out right with Sivivatu playing left, that would be fun to watch = ) [/b][/quote]

He did start versus Portugal. Howletts current form is just keeping him out, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a start in the 'first choice' team at some stage latter in the tournament.

I'd rather send Ross Filipo over believe it or not. I hate Flavell more than I hate Thorne. Flavell's a prick. [/b]

His work rate isn't as high as flavell or thorne put together

<div class='quotemain'>
I'd rather send Ross Filipo over believe it or not. I hate Flavell more than I hate Thorne. Flavell's a prick. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Did you not watch him in the tri-nations? His work rate is greater than Flavell's. He's also a smart player, Flavell's a **** sack.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Did you not watch him in the tri-nations? His work rate is greater than Flavell's. He's also a smart player, Flavell's a **** sack. [/b][/quote]

Yes i did watch his games very quite for a tight 5. His tackel count on 1 game was 13 made 6 ball carries concided 1 turn over far too low for an All Black

To give you an Idea Rodney 35 TACKELS 18 BALL CARRIES in the game against Australia

Stats will tell you a different story of what you see on the screen

im not too keen on the whole mcalister and smith combo...there is a mountain inexperience in that midfield..i still prefer mauger to start ahead of mcalistair who can be very clumsy on offence and defence..and put him on the bench so his impact will punish a team late in a match...mauger and carter been playing together along time and there is benifits between having them on in the 10 and 12 combo...we shall see how this pans out in the finals...i reckon it would be easier to slot in conrad smith with a partnering mauger then luke...

mcdonald has proven to be one of the better backs and id prefer him as the starting fullback..mills decision making at the back still costs alot of turn over ball..where is mcdonald is safe and chooses his options very carefully

so come finals i would personally like to see a backline like this:

10.carter
11.sivivatu
12.mauger
13.smith
14.howlett
15.mcdonald

with mcallister and mills on the bench

anyways...scotland are trash for putting out a 2nd string team..if they get the thrashing of a lifetime then good job!! they deserve every part of it and then some

GO ALLBLACKS!!!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Did you not watch him in the tri-nations? His work rate is greater than Flavell's. He's also a smart player, Flavell's a **** sack. [/b][/quote]

Yes i did watch his games very quite for a tight 5. His tackel count on 1 game was 13 made 6 ball carries concided 1 turn over far too low for an All Black

To give you an Idea Rodney 35 TACKELS 18 BALL CARRIES in the game against Australia

Stats will tell you a different story of what you see on the screen [/b][/quote]

Rodneys a loose forward though. So I don't thin he counts. How bout some stats on Thorne and Flavell when they played lock instead?