• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks team to play Scotland

Sorry no stats on them bro :)

CHIROPRACTOR As for mils V McDonald, id rate Milzie any day, 1 on 1 he's proven to cut any opposition into piece's his field positioning is ataqute... I can honestly see why the selector's have chosen him at the back

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I'd rather send Ross Filipo over believe it or not. I hate Flavell more than I hate Thorne. Flavell's a prick. [/b]

His work rate isn't as high as flavell or thorne put together
[/b][/quote]

Did you not watch him in the tri-nations? His work rate is greater than Flavell's. He's also a smart player, Flavell's a **** sack. [/b][/quote]

Yes i did watch his games very quite for a tight 5. His tackel count on 1 game was 13 made 6 ball carries concided 1 turn over far too low for an All Black

To give you an Idea Rodney 35 TACKELS 18 BALL CARRIES in the game against Australia

Stats will tell you a different story of what you see on the screen
[/b][/quote]

Rodney's a loose forward though mate, EVERY game will show that loose forwards make twice as many tackles than anyone else. At least Filipo is built like a lock, he always jumps more than Jack. You notice how little Jack actually jumps in a line out?
Give me some stats on Jack and compare to Filipo, or even Flavell. Flavell has no sense of direction, for example, those ridiculous kicks he kept making in the tri-nations. Ross does what's needed

If how ever he was as good as you say he is...Then why isnt he in France??? I suppose you know better then the NZ selection panel

If how ever he was as good as you say he is...Then why isnt he in France??? I suppose you know better then the NZ selection panel
[/b]

What do you mean? He's not supposed to be in France because we have 3 locks better than him mate. We are arguing about who would replace Robinson should that ever be required. No, I don't no the selection panel, are we even on the same page here? I'm saying Filipo is better than Flavell, and hence should be our fall back lock should Robinson crap out again. Your saying Flavell is better.

You started this particular discussion, yet you are completely off topic and lost for words. The quote above of yours proves this.

im not too keen on the whole mcalister and smith combo...there is a mountain inexperience in that midfield..i still prefer mauger to start ahead of mcalistair who can be very clumsy on offence and defence..and put him on the bench so his impact will punish a team late in a match...mauger and carter been playing together along time and there is benifits between having them on in the 10 and 12 combo...we shall see how this pans out in the finals...i reckon it would be easier to slot in conrad smith with a partnering mauger then luke...

mcdonald has proven to be one of the better backs and id prefer him as the starting fullback..mills decision making at the back still costs alot of turn over ball..where is mcdonald is safe and chooses his options very carefully

so come finals i would personally like to see a backline like this:

10.carter
11.sivivatu
12.mauger
13.smith
14.howlett
15.mcdonald

with mcallister and mills on the bench

anyways...scotland are trash for putting out a 2nd string team..if they get the thrashing of a lifetime then good job!! they deserve every part of it and then some

GO ALLBLACKS!!! [/b]

Mauger and Smith won't happen. Henry has never paired them together, it was always Umaga at 12 and Smith at 13. Than, when Umaga retired, the only time we have ever seen Smith hit the field is when McAlister was inside him, Henry seems to prefer to have a strong ballrunner paired with Smith, Mauger is about as strong a ballrunner as Tasea Lavea, and Lavea can at least suck in many different ways, Mauger just sucks in one way - running like a mule to the line, trying to jink and getting taken down.

Well tell that to Laurie Mains who said

'You can't convince me Muliaina won't play centre at some stage at the World Cup.

He's clearly the best No 13 we have.

And with Leon MacDonald in the best form of his career before his injury it would make sense in France to have both he and Muliaina on the park at the same time. If you had a fully fit backline going in the playoffs it is clear the backline would include MacDonald at fullback and Muliaina at centre'

and to Graham Henry who in 2006 started him at centre 6 times and at fullback only 5 times.

Hit the nail on the head Laurie!!!!!!![/b]

Sadly for you (luckily for the rest of us), Laurie Mains hasn't been the coach for nearly 12 years... and despite Mils apparently being the Best 13 we have, Henry has played him at 13 once in the all important World Cup Year and that was only because Smith went down like a ***** again.

Mils is the 3rd Ranked Centre in the Cartel's eyes, FACT.

just dont like the inexperience that mcalistair has

true...when hes on his game he is extremely effective...but when hes not..he becomes a pure cluts..and thats forcible! especially against more experienced and creative midfielders..is it worth the risk playing him in a finals match?...its much more safer to play mauger,coz i like the support he could offer someone like conrad smith..thats if he is our number 1 centre..coz i believe mills is a very good centre

as for true legend...ummm...mills has a knack for making shocking calls from a kick return and running directly into a pack of forwards in which he usually loses ball..true indeed we have a formidable counter attack but thats either without mcdonald or mills and thats because we have dangerous wingers that link with either our loosies or our centres on kick returns...id prefer mcdonald starting mainly because he has a very accurate kick and if the counter attack isnt working then atleast he can find a spot in the opponents backfield with a nicely put kick..where is mills couldnt

Chiro don't worry about the AB midfield, you are playing the Scots. The Boks had De Villiers at 12 and we dispatched them easily.

Well tell that to Laurie Mains who said

'You can't convince me Muliaina won't play centre at some stage at the World Cup.

He's clearly the best No 13 we have.

And with Leon MacDonald in the best form of his career before his injury it would make sense in France to have both he and Muliaina on the park at the same time. If you had a fully fit backline going in the playoffs it is clear the backline would include MacDonald at fullback and Muliaina at centre'

and to Graham Henry who in 2006 started him at centre 6 times and at fullback only 5 times.

Hit the nail on the head Laurie!!!!!!![/b]

Sadly for you (luckily for the rest of us), Laurie Mains hasn't been the coach for nearly 12 years... and despite Mils apparently being the Best 13 we have, Henry has played him at 13 once in the all important World Cup Year and that was only because Smith went down like a ***** again.

Mils is the 3rd Ranked Centre in the Cartel's eyes, FACT.
[/b]
No, they only played him there once this year becos McD was injured. FACT

as for true legend...ummm...mills has a knack for making shocking calls from a kick return and running directly into a pack of forwards in which he usually loses ball..true indeed we have a formidable counter attack but thats either without mcdonald or mills and thats because we have dangerous wingers that link with either our loosies or our centres on kick returns...id prefer mcdonald starting mainly because he has a very accurate kick and if the counter attack isnt working then atleast he can find a spot in the opponents backfield with a nicely put kick..where is mills couldnt [/b]

Good point i do agree with that comment