• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks test debut Francis Saili

Nah - he's the most overrated player in history - who I doubt would have 1 test for the ABs. I didn't say he couldn't achieve accolades - just I can't think of a less threatening player to achieve them.

Thanks Nick you have made my day most overrated player in history that is some impressive hyperbole.

Also I said about being successfull and you replied is if they haven't been...

Thanks Nick you have made my day most overrated player in history that is some impressive hyperbole.

I think he was winding you up OR it proves he knows nothing about rugby outside of his one eye view of the world through an AB jersey!!

D'Arcy is not the greatest centre ever but he is well up the chain and his partnership with BOD was unbelievable when they were a wee bit younger!!

While I'm at it - BO'D is a whiny *****.

If you are referring to his interview where he said he resents being dropped by Gatland I would have to say I thought he was being honest but a little "me me me"!! However, I would remind you that no one heard him whingeing at any time during or after the horrendous pre meditated spear tackle on him by a couple of your guys so I would give hm the benefit of the doubt and bear in mind the respect he is held in over the rugby world!!

I think he was winding you up OR it proves he knows nothing about rugby outside of his one eye view of the world through an AB jersey!!

D'Arcy is not the greatest centre ever but he is well up the chain and his partnership with BOD was unbelievable when they were a wee bit younger!!

I know he's trying to wind me up but I do find it too funny to be properly annoyed.

Yeah totes.

If you are referring to his interview where he said he resents being dropped by Gatland I would have to say I thought he was being honest but a little "me me me"!! However, I would remind you that no one heard him whingeing at any time during or after the horrendous pre meditated spear tackle on him by a couple of your guys so I would give hm the benefit of the doubt and bear in mind the respect he is held in over the rugby world!!

Also worth bearing in mind he's only answering the questions he's being asked as honestly as possible. Who isn't going to be ****** at being dropped for the Lions?

Anyway Nick is a huge Umaga fan and that has given him a rather strange point of view regarding which is quite comical and means he does think BO'D is a whinger for '05.

yup i lost respect for him after reading his interview... the way he *****ed about Johnathan davies was pretty funny! he pretty much said im not discrediting his performance but i could have done a better job. why cant he recognize hes had an amazing career and let someone else have a go? poor sport

Before this ends in an argument can I just remind you all that this thread isnt about BOD, so can we drag it back on topic?

Cheers

Dude, he didn't shut up about the tackle for years - he whinged to anyone that would listen. He went on talkshows just to discuss the tackle.

Before this ends in an argument can I just remind you all that this thread isnt about BOD, so can we drag it back on topic?

Cheers

Sorry, you're right.

I thought Saili had a very mixed game. Other than his first up knock on - I thought he was guilty of trying to do a bit too much - he'd take contact instead of passing when there was a few overlaps. His kicks were also pretty underwhelming. I think a lot of it was nerves though, tough to make a call until he's played a few more tests. He'd certainly get 80 tests for Ireland based on that performance and never once complain when not selected for a big test - but he'll have to improve if he gets another shot.

apart from the obvious mistake that let a try in he had a good game, strong challenging runs and some slick passes as well, awesome pass in the Savea try.

pass mark for sure, the fact he remained cool after the mistake was a tick for sure.

Considering the conditions and the error that led to the try I felt that he stuck with it and did more good things than bad by the end. Lets see how he goes in dry conditions.

Latest posts