• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Update

Mcfadden

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Chiefs halfback Tawera Kerr-Barlow is back in contention for an imminent return to the All Blacks, coming into the squad for the Bledisloe Cup test in Sydney.

Kerr-Barlow replaces Andy Ellis in the squad, 10 months after suffering a terrible knee injury.

Highlanders winger Patrick Osborne has been called in for the injured Waisake Naholo and Cory Jane.

Prop Wyatt Crockett will miss Saturday's game against the Wallabies after being given family leave.

-http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11490834

Also, one of my fb contacts reckons they saw Richie McCaw driving around in NZ the other day? Not sure if they were mistaken or if that means he won't start and went back home directly. I'd be surprised if he didn't feature in the RC decider. Also talk of Nonu possibly sitting the match out (although his injury isn't too serious).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11490853

Last edited:
So we basically get a couple of positives and a negative out of that. TKB and Osbourne in the squad which is good. Wyatt gone which is bad.

I think Wyatt would of been much more of a handful than Woodie for the Aussies.

A SBW, Fekitoa combination for this match wouldnt be that bad... Especially if they play Giteau at 12. Theres simply no way he can contain our midfield and guys like Savea and Piutau coming at him all night.

I still have no idea why we need so many damn fullbacks or first five/fullbacks in this squad. We could honestly drop like 4 or 5 of them and not even notice the difference imo.

Last edited:
Also, one of my fb contacts reckons they saw Richie McCaw driving around in NZ the other day? Not sure if they were mistaken or if that means he won't start and went back home directly. I'd be surprised if he didn't feature in the RC decider. Also talk of Nonu possibly sitting the match out (although his injury isn't too serious).

The All Blacks have been back in NZ since they left South Africa, they're probably only heading over to Oz early next week.

2 hours and 20 minutes travelling time on a jumbo jet is a cake walk for Kiwi's.
We'll probably go over on the morning of the match ;-)

Latest posts