• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks to play extra quake relief test

Radio Sport was saying that Japan is already off the cards (had crossed my mind too) but they were putting their money behind the Argies, not involved in any comp at the time, will be in camp anyway and would be good warmup for both our pack before the world cup and the whole team before next years tri nations

Would love it to be Argentina. It would be a tad inappropreate if they picked Japan, seeing as the money is going to Christchurch and not Japan. I think AB's v Argentina would be great, hasn't happened since June 2006.

Would love it to be Argentina. It would be a tad inappropreate if they picked Japan, seeing as the money is going to Christchurch and not Japan. I think AB's v Argentina would be great, hasn't happened since June 2006.

I was initially thinking England would have been good as they are the form NH side at the moment, but forgot how long it's been since we played Argentina - good call if it's them

I know Tonga has the Churchill Cup along with Canada, the United States and Russia so those countries are all off the table as are the Home Nations. Japan plays NZ at the World Cup anyway no need to take the emotional impact from that meeting at the RWC.

What are Fiji and Samoa up to in this time frame? Argies sound like a very good option though great advert for the future four nations tourny.

I know Tonga has the Churchill Cup along with Canada, the United States and Russia so those countries are all off the table as are the Home Nations. Japan plays NZ at the World Cup anyway no need to take the emotional impact from that meeting at the RWC.

What are Fiji and Samoa up to in this time frame? Argies sound like a very good option though great advert for the future four nations tourny.

I think Samoa are very much in the frame ... If they played the match at Eden Park or Albany, they would get a huge Samoan crowd as well as AB fans ... it might also be a chance to select maybe Robbie Fruean and partner SBW in the centres ... just my opinion, but if it happens, remember, you heard it here first :D

It would be nice to see Samoa get some pre-RWC warm up as well. I'm not sure if they have anything scheduled yet and they are in a different RWC pool then the AB's so it would be a "fresh" matchup for both teams. I did some reasearch and France and Italy are also busy in late July-early August so I doubt they can't make it. Argies do have a game against Wales but it isn't until late August so they should be a possible option. I'm thinking either the Pumas, Samoa or Fiji are the best options.

Latest posts