27 Anton Segner
28 shannon frizell
29Xavier roe
30 damian McKenzie
31 Sevu Reece
32 Liam Coombes-Fabling
33 quinn tupaea

you might not get a lot of bites, there aren't many of us kiwis left on here

but i'll be worried if we still have players like TJ or frizell in the squad, the former very much past his prime and the argument of "experience" is negated by the fact weber has 20 odd caps. The later should no longer be associated with the AB's in my mind and i use to be his biggest champion, his off field **** is bad news and this at a time when NZR still claims "better people make better all blacks"....but even if you forget about that....he has had load of chances and at best has been passable in the black jersey, never really dominated and stood out

I would also be very worried if we're still playing ardie at 8, he's one of the best 7's out there, but having 2 world class 7's out there doesn;t offset the whole you leave by not having a proper 8

What struck me in both the Ireland and France games were how outplayed the AB pack were - could not get hold of the ball and dominated in the contact area. Will that pack be up to much scratch in 2023?

but i'll be worried if we still have players like TJ or frizell in the squad, the former very much past his prime and the argument of "experience" is negated by the fact weber has 20 odd caps. The later should no longer be associated with the AB's in my mind and i use to be his biggest champion, his off field **** is bad news and this at a time when NZR still claims "better people make better all blacks"....but even if you forget about that....he has had load of chances and at best has been passable in the black jersey, never really dominated and stood out

I would also be very worried if we're still playing ardie at 8, he's one of the best 7's out there, but having 2 world class 7's out there doesn;t offset the whole you leave by not having a proper 8
Perenara hasn't had that many starts for the ABS compared to Aaron Smith - but it's obvious Perenara is a class player, ever since he's come back from Japan though he has played very averagely, so needs to regain his form back by playing consistently well in the Super Comp next year... find Aaron Smith painfully predictable, especially kicking away so much ball through senseless box kicking, got to vary his game more.

Savea is equally good at 7 or 8, can't think of another 8 in NZ that consistently powers through tackles through leg drive as much as he does, whether that's for Wgtn, Canes or ABs, that's exactly what you need from your 8 to get you over the advantage line, the blokes work rate is astonishing - since Cane broke his neck he's certainly not as good as what he was & you don't expect him to be, as mentioned before I'm amazed he's still playing rugby... from the loosies that ******** Foster will probably select for next season we probably need to play Savea at 7.

What struck me in both the Ireland and France games were how outplayed the AB pack were - could not get hold of the ball and dominated in the contact area. Will that pack be up to much scratch in 2023?
AB forwards were dreadful, showed a real lack of mongrel, didn't show enough urgency/aggression smashing the ball up, when we did we tended to lack numbers to clean out, so the opposition were able to turn over our ball too much, also our playmakers kicked aimlessly - ABs were really bloody rudderless in those last two matches, definitely don't expect that, found it embarrassing as a NZer... hopefully Schmidt can bring some common sense back into the team, get us back to doing the basics well, each individual executing their role properly & good decision making etc.

Latest posts