• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(2022 Rugby Championship - Round 3) - New Zealand v Argentina. Saturday 27 August 2022

Just fantastic for the Pumas to show that there is life after Super Rugby. Cheika's stock is back on the rise and I was frankly a bit stupid to doubt his selection as he is clearly still hungry despite a stint in a Japanese retirement home. I also don't doubt Carrerras now.

Scotland, Wales and possibly even Japan against the ABs in the EOYTs could be fascinating now Foster is allegedly secure.

Farrell must be on a shoogly peg after losing to this rabble. :p

Just fantastic for the Pumas to show that there is life after Super Rugby. Cheika's stock is back on the rise and I was frankly a bit stupid to doubt his selection as he is clearly still hungry despite a stint in a Japanese retirement home. I also don't doubt Carrerras now.

Scotland, Wales and possibly even Japan against the ABs in the EOYTs could be fascinating now Foster is allegedly secure.

Farrell must be on a shoogly peg after losing to this rabble. :p
I'm just glad we don't have to play Italy.
Yeah I think the most interesting thing will be the next Super Rugby season... What does NZR and the Super teams do with this centres issue. Do they switch Jordie Barrett at the Hurricanes and let Moorby play fullback(and he looks good), I still cannot believe that they decided that RTS will play second-five, and then he's so bulky... He seems to have slimmed down a bit now if you saw his run the other day he looked pretty quick, maybe told to slim down? I really thought we were going to see RTS at fullback, because I don't know why we convinced him to leave league for a second-five position... We have have too much to think about at THREE positions.

Our wingers should be LOCKED with it being Clarke and Reece, end of story, thank you, bye bye. None of this Will Jordan out of position nonsense.

Centre pairing is so ridiculous it has just turned into a **** show. We have Goodhue, Ioane, ALB, Ennor, Laumape(?), Havili, Tupaea, RTS... And a guy that wants to play at 12, Jordie Barrett. I hope Schmidt has his pairing locked and he knows what direction he wants to go in... Because my choice would be Jordie/Ioane.

Fullback... Jordie, Jordan, Beauden, Perofeta, McKenzie... Should have RTS, and Moorby(soon) in here too. This is also a ridiculous pool of players. Who gets this position for the All Blacks? Potential? Name? Who does the position better? Who plays the position most during the season? Does that even matter anymore...? With Schmidt does the best player at their position NOW matter?

Back to the game, I reckon there's gonna be 50 total points scored, I don't think it'll be a boring game, but will it be one-sided? Might be 4X-1X, might be 3X-2X...
it was weird that rts was told to play 12; hard position to learn and not similar to what he's used to. I can kinda see that the all blacks have a hole there whereas at 15 they have Jordie, jordan, beauden, and mckenzie. But still. And now he's hanging out at the all blacks camp when he could be playing npc to get more experience.

I just realized, ABs scored only 3 points in the 2H? That has to be incredibly rare.

Kudos to the Pumas. 👍 Very impressive win!

I was wrong for doubting you.

Last edited:
well done to the pumas, as i said earlier was not expecting a win and the pumas turned up and played smart rugby, executed there gameplan well

something big need to change in NZR, currently the way i see it

• we have a coach who is poor at team selection (pulling ST after 45 mins when having a great game) and is out of ideas if he had any
  • we're playing several people out of position, on the pretence of making room for other great players but in reality we just make both players worse,
    • 7 paps 8 sotutu 20 savea > 7 savea 8 sotutu > 7 cane 8 savea
    • 14 reece 15 jordan > 14 jordan 15 jordie
    • It doesnt mean Jordan isn't a good 15 and savea isnt a good 8...just there are better combinations out there, poor combos are killing us, cane and savea both playing as 7's and not playing together
  • We select young up and comers for the squad...and then dont play them, play the same old guys that have failed over the last 3 years
at least one of these things has to change...preferably all but realistically none

Looks like NZRU made their bed when choosing to retain Foster after the Ireland series loss.

Suspect if same pattern as following in SA, ABs will pull off a win next week. But then yes then there is the Bledisloe. If ever there is a chance for Wallabies to win it this is it.

I think we have to consider if the Pumas are now a top 6 nation and potentially better than the Wallabies with a good coach and the ABs with a very ordinary one. Pumas have by all accounts been sensational across all three games barring a 20min brainfart against the Wallabies.

I think we have to consider if the Pumas are now a top 6 nation and potentially better than the Wallabies with a good coach and the ABs with a very ordinary one. Pumas have by all accounts been sensational across all three games barring a 20min brainfart against the Wallabies.
we'll see this week

I wold say if the AB's come back and win comfortably like we did after the chicago loss to ireland and the first loss to the pumas then the most we can say is anyone can beat anyone at the moment...which is good for rugby

if the pumas can win again or even come close then you might be right

The players look burnt out. I can definitely see another pumas win. Then again, change the kicking game, keep dominating the scrum, still seems likely we win, just f a few things go the pumas way and we feel under pressure I don't see us dealing with that. Unless we select non burnt out players. But then they mightn't be good enough, or the team might not have sufficient cohesion.

The players look burnt out. I can definitely see another pumas win. Then again, change the kicking game, keep dominating the scrum, still seems likely we win, just f a few things go the pumas way and we feel under pressure I don't see us dealing with that. Unless we select non burnt out players. But then they mightn't be good enough, or the team might not have sufficient cohesion.
if theyre burnt out then we have bigger problems, not only are they not being managed properly whilst with the BA's....but they also generally play less games than their NH counterparts

No one saw this coming right? Fozzie's job is safe and immediately they relax and the normal service of utter mediocrity is resumed. We told you so.

ROFL.

if theyre burnt out then we have bigger problems, not only are they not being managed properly whilst with the BA's....but they also generally play less games than their NH counterparts
They're not burnt out from playing games. Burn out comes from having continuous stress over a period of time. It makes people low in mood and irritable/reactive. It can take a few months to recover. I've seen and been people that are burnt out and some of these players look that way to me.

Latest posts