• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks World Cup Squad

Mate you've done your homework and fair enough. I guess being in form right now for me doesn't mean you get dropped. Piri is a great impact player and eats pressure for breakfast. I hope we aren't wondering about this at the end of the world cup -

Mate you've done your homework and fair enough. I guess being in form right now for me doesn't mean you get dropped. Piri is a great impact player and eats <strike>pressure</strike> half a dozen pies for breakfast. I hope we aren't wondering about this at the end of the world cup - [/b]

That by all accounts may have been a contributing factor to why he was dropped

<div class='quotemain'> Piri Weepu looked really flat against SA and probably was the third choice form wise. I think there's more to that than just form.[/b]

Nah he wasn't that bad at all. He was involved in some highlights of the game played in Durban.

"The game was won when wing Joe Rokocoko scored from a move reserve halfback Piri Weepu started when he retrieved a kick inside the All Blacks' 22 and sent it wide to set up a counter-attack." - JIM KAYES - The Dominion Post | Monday, 25 June 2007

And even South Africans were positive on Weepu.

"There was to be little mercy from the All Blacks who destroyed their scrum on several occasions and when they ran on replacements like Ross Filipo, Leon MacDonald, Aaron Mauger and Piri Weepu the South Africans were shot." - By RICHARD KNOWLER in Durban - Fairfax Media | Sunday, 24 June 2007

So Piri never deserved to be counted out just like that. Poor guy has to wait another 4 hard years.

[/b][/quote]

Wow, he caught the ball and threw a pass and watched as someone else did all the work...

hmmmm All blacks are 1 byron kelleher injury away from having ellis or leonard as the starting half back in the final. not so sure about that

I just hope for the sake of NZ and the All Black back line Byron gets over his try line fever sickness... He has in the past butchered a few vital try's in the most important games that counted for us... Lets just hope he's over it for the sake of our "choker tag"

A brief message to Byron... "Please Byron pass that ball out"

Balnce, Mysterious, an intense body, delicate....

Carter, McCaw, Rococoko, Kelleher.....................What else ? :D :D :D

<div class='quotemain'>
Balnce, Mysterious, an intense body, delicate....

Carter, McCaw, Rococoko, Kelleher.....................What else ? :D :D :D
[/b]
:D you've said it all.
[/b][/quote]

Not quite

Leonard, Sivivatu, Hayman, Muliaina, Macdonald, and McAlister. :) :D :bravo: