• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Allardyce done gone **** the bed

Shortest England manager's reign - 1 game. Appalling!!!

Big Sam first manager to have a 100% win record for England?

Honestly I like him but he is out of his depth in all areas in terms of international football.

Bring in Klinsmann to help sort out the coaching system and Youth set up in England similar to the job he did in Germany which they are still benefitting from. Pardew seems to be favourite.....

Howe would be a good long term coaching option maybe in say 4 years or so.

Last edited:
England's shortest serving full-time managers (and the longest)
Name Games in charge Time in charge
Sam Allardyce 1 (2016) 67 days
Steve McClaren 18 (2007-2007) One year, six months, 18 days
Kevin Keegan 18 (1999-2000) One year, seven months, 17 days
Glenn Hoddle 28 (1996-1999) Two years, nine months
Don Revie 29 (1974-1977) Three years, seven days

British media at is worst.

Allardyce letting his Ego run, but still.

Typical British journo's.

Hopefully the FA goes all out for Klinsmann, the USA fans don't seem to like him (What do they know) and has a good record of building system which English football desperately needs.

Last edited:
British media at is worst.

Allardyce letting his Ego run, but still.

Typical British journo's.

They are indeed, but Allardyce was sacked for as much for his lack of judgement and nativity to fall into their trap. Did he not learn from Glenda and his disabled comments and Sven getting caught by the fake Sheikh? Clearly not.

Still this episode proves yet again that the FA are the laughing stock of World football. They are not fit for purpose when it comes to choosing the England football manager. Whether English or foreign it's a poisoned chalice until this organisation is run by football people and not by the current establishment IMO.

They are indeed, but Allardyce was sacked for as much for his lack of judgement and nativity to fall into their trap. Did he not learn from Glenda and his disabled comments and Sven getting caught by the fake Sheikh? Clearly not.

Still this episode proves yet again that the FA are the laughing stock of World football. They are not fit for purpose when it comes to choosing the England football manager. Whether English or foreign it's a poisoned chalice until this organisation is run by football people and not by the current establishment IMO.

I know he should of learnt his lesson from 10 years ago but still the media is desperate for a failure and the entrapment they do is shocking. (And then to take the high ground).

TBH this is the lowest of the low and anyone who follows this might have a good chance now IMO Literally gotten to the point where the FA might do something. (I guess Southgate will get the permanent job :( )

Who would be an England manager

That's the problem. Too much is invested in the England Manager's position for whoever takes it on to fail whether it be for footballing or off field reasons. If the structure for international football is wrong (including the FA), then whoever takes on the England Manager's job is totally up against it.

English football sold their soul a long time ago IMO and Allardyce's greed is just a symptom of it.

It's one of those jobs that is really a lose/lose.

BUT if you manage to succeed you would go into legendary status TBH.

Give Harry Redknapp the job.

What are the odds on him being one of the other 8?

Was the sting set up at random or did they have info that he might be up for it? And more to the point you really shouldn't start gobbing off to people you don't know and if £400k's at stake, don't you do the tinciest bit of DD?

Years ago I was on vague nodding terms with Gareth Southgate, actually knew his dad a bit better. Nice family, but never thought I was talking to a future England manager. Best of British to him, he'll need it.

What are the odds on him being one of the other 8?

Was the sting set up at random or did they have info that he might be up for it? And more to the point you really shouldn't start gobbing off to people you don't know and if £400k's at stake, don't you do the tinciest bit of DD?

Years ago I was on vague nodding terms with Gareth Southgate, actually knew his dad a bit better. Nice family, but never thought I was talking to a future England manager. Best of British to him, he'll need it.

All the old school style English managers have a dodgy side to them it is a reason none of them have held a job at a top 4 club for a decent period of time.

Why can't we produce top level coaches in this country? Enough said about rugby, football and cricket. Our successful rowers, swimmers and divers are all overseen by foreigners. Farah and Rutherford are both coached by yanks etc etc

Brailsford's not quite a man apart, but he's in a small minority.

The English media murder another England Team Football Manager. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. What is it with you people in your country? Why are you always doing these "stings"?. Everyone blows on when they think they're in a private conversation. Do you have to tape it and put it in the papers. Sam Allardice might just have been the answer to all your problems on the football pitch. Now you'll never know. The problem is, your little country is not all working together on this one.
Don't you want to succeed in football at a national level? Keep it up England, the rest of the world are laughing loudly, and we not laughing with you.

I'm not sure the media is to blame for uncovering corruption. It may be more successful for them to turn a blind eye, but if the Premiership is dealing in illegal practices then why the heck would the media not uncover it. What role is the media supposed to play, if it doesn't act as a fourth estate?

Latest posts