• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amazon eyeing up Premiership rights.

How come?
All their other sport is just part of prime video

If they didn't monetise(/up prices with) premier league football I doubt they'd do it with rugby
I suspect they are attracting customers and creating a portfolio so they can have a dedicated sports service to me that would be inline with the other additions I mentioned earlier, hope I am wrong.

I suspect they are attracting customers and creating a portfolio so they can have a dedicated sports service to me that would be inline with the other additions I mentioned earlier, hope I am wrong.
If they keep in line with the prime video i dont mind a small additional fee, meaning if they were to say you must have prime then its £5 extra a month for prime sports i wouldnt mind it tbh. What im worried about is a big charge ontop of prime. Making it like any other sports streaming provider that gets greedy.

Sounds like they're moving towards a renewal with BT for less cash over a shorter term - £37m p.a over 3 years.

Seems like a key has been a commitment from BT not to seek any rebate from COVID disruption last season or this.

I wasn't overly impressed with Amazon's autumn cup... I've no problem with streaming non-live events, and a couple of films I tried on the free trial were perfect in HD/UHD. But (on my Virgin Media V6) the live games just weren't a patch on what an HD broadcast channel could manage. I couldn't quite put my finger on why, but I've seen a few posts on other fora, all reporting similar.

I'm also not a fan of multiple subscriptions. Rewinding to when BT & Sky shared the Euros, it was a messy solution and BT getting the sole rights was an excellent outcome. I'm fortunate enough to have Sky & BT Sports, but I'm firmly in the camp that BT do an excellent job with club rugby, and it would be a big shame (and a brave decision by PRL) if this finished next season. Pundits could move around as has been mentioned, but all the same.

Although semi-related, it would also be good to see the summer & autumn international tours bundled into a new TV deal as some reports seem to think we're moving towards.

Latest posts