• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

American 6 nations

I think it's a great idea, but I can't se Argentina getting involved now they're in the Rugby Championship. I think if they want 6 teams they should be:
USA
Canada
Uruguay
Chile
Paraguay
Brazil

To be honest, it probably wouldn't help Argentina's game - they are too far ahead of the rest of the Americas at the moment.

Would be a good proving ground for an Argentine B team formed of players looking to get pro contracts, either with the Argentine team or elsewhere.

Argentina shouldn't have a problem fielding a B team. Not sure how popular it would be among Argentine fans tho.

I have mixed feelings thou. These kind of events help to develop the sport if all the people involved are serious about it and the level is bound to be competitive from all parties at one point. You need to have some sort of plan about when the teams' skills will converge, not necessarily to make the weaker team beat the stronger one, but at least to give them a run for their money.
If your plan is for Brazil to become competitive to, say Canada, in 20 years, then i think it might be counterproductive to include them. Getting your team beaten 80-90 to nil for 15 years would destroy moral and any potential popularity of the sport in that country.

Last edited:
I think it will be an argentine B team, I don´t believe the main argentinian team would participate on a competition like that.
They say there will be a promotion system, the wooden spoon will be demoted and another team (maybe there will be a play-off between the caribbean champion and south american champion) and the winner take the 6th place for the next year´s competition

- - - Updated - - -

Lets call it the world series...

Maybe that should be the name of the new profesional league in the USA, :D:D:D

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2015/11/25/eagles/

It seems things are rolling about this competition, but I hope there will be a relegation system, because Paraguay and Trinidad and Tobago, for example, are ranked higher than Brazil, so I expect other teams in the Caribbean and South America to have a similar oportunity

Latest posts