• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

American Sports Sims

A

agiedee

I need a bit of advice and youse are just the people to ask, methinks... I'm amping up to purchase me a football or basketball si, I have no brand loyalties re EA or 2K. I'm erring towards basketball because I figure it may be more pick up and playable but think I may get more of a reward from the football long term, I dunno. Probably will go bball I reckon as I'll be getting my hit-ups from one or both of the Rugby games coming out. And we don't get NCAA over here (UK) it seems...

To be honest, the current crop from both companies is excellent and you will have a great time with any of the four (2 basketball, 2 NFL) games available. Personally I just bought the new EA basketball game and am loving it, but from reviews etc they all sound good. I prefer the 2K NFL games to Madden for playability, but again, you could argue the difference forever - both companies have produced great games this year

If you want a Basketball game, get NBA 2K6 instead of Live, as well as being cheaper (at least in NZ, I pre ordered it for 39.99, which was 30 dollars less then Live when it came out), It is more realistic and funner gameplay, has a superior franchise mode and comes with a built in Street Mode and Street Campaign where you play One on One Rappers and NBA Players and what not.

If your after an Ice Hockey game, you can't go wrong with either 2K6 or NHL 06 IMO, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

If you have a mod chip, I cant recommend NCAA Football enough though.

if your gonna go with a basketball sim, go with NBA 2k6 its a lot better than Live 06 at least in my opinion. If your gonna go with a football game get NCAA 06 or Madden 06 both great games.

so basically what everyone is saying is the 2k sports games are alot better than EA in every facet of american sports

except in NFL, in which 2k sports were driven out of the NFL market coz of EA's monopolization of NFL liscense

thus EA cant win on a level playing field

wouldnt surprise me if EA burnt down the 2k HQ's in NY.....they cant beat them any other way, without a dollar driven campaign

sore losers

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 26 2006, 11:04 AM
so basically what everyone is saying is the 2k sports games are alot better than EA in every facet of american sports

except in NFL, in which 2k sports were driven out of the NFL market coz of EA's monopolization of NFL liscense

wouldnt surprise me if EA burnt down the 2k HQ's in NY.....they cant beat them any other way, without a dollar driven campaign

sore losers
lol...

In College Hoops EA has the advantge in gameplay and features IMO with their March Maddness Series, the only reason I choose College Hoops 2K6 is because for whatever reason EA refuse to let you import the draft classes.

And the only reason I put the NHL 2K series up there is becasue of the superior Franchise Mode and presentation, NHL 06 is funner to play, but NHL 2K has a better overall package

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 26 2006, 10:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 26 2006, 10:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 26 2006, 11:04 AM

sore losers
lol...

In College Hoops EA has the advantge in gameplay and features IMO with their March Maddness Series, the only reason I choose College Hoops 2K6 is because for whatever reason EA refuse to let you import the draft classes.

And the only reason I put the NHL 2K series up there is becasue of the superior Franchise Mode and presentation, NHL 06 is funner to play, but NHL 2K has a better overall package [/b]
speaking of presentation

i cant wait for the next madden with ESPN presentation

Countdown
PrimeTime

Berman n co

EA's Madden 2007 better have all the ESPN stuff that the 2ksports version had

Especially the half time/full time wrap ups

Check out the Preview for MVP NCAA Baseball 06, its the first EA Sports game to include the ESPN Presentation.

Honestly I think you should consider NHL 2006 aswell. I don't know if any of you boys are ice hockey fans but this game is friggin great got all the teams etc, you can play in a few fo the Euro pro leagues too and Internationals aswell. Its a friggin awesome game and its faced paced and hard hitting just like real hockey.

If not then go for NFL 2006 basketball is for tossers.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 26 2006, 11:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 26 2006, 11:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 26 2006, 10:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 26 2006, 11:04 AM

sore losers

lol...

And the only reason I put the NHL 2K series up there is becasue of the superior Franchise Mode and presentation, NHL 06 is funner to play, but NHL 2K has a better overall package
speaking of presentation

i cant wait for the next madden with ESPN presentation

Countdown
PrimeTime

Berman n co

EA's Madden 2007 better have all the ESPN stuff that the 2ksports version had

Especially the half time/full time wrap ups [/b]
Meh, hopefully they do better for those on the PS2 without a harddrive, they just had still pictures, FIFA 06 had actual highlights at halftime, so don't see why 2K couldn't (I have a harddrive, but it ****** my school yard chums off though)

Hockey is pretty good.

I would go with NCAA football. Best game out there IMO. Since you can't I would go with Madden. I personally do not really like basketball games.

Thanks guys. I did pick up last year's 2K hockey installment which was great in multiplayer. Having kept an eye on the NCAA thread which I must say reads like a sports soap opera (keep it up its great reading), I tried to find it but had no joy. I'd love to get a shed load of sports sims but my friends are doing stupid things like getting married and sh't...well they always shat but now they want to sh't in wedlock or something. Basically I've got to spend money on furnishing their houses and buying them drinks. No, I'm pleased for them...really.

Originally posted by agiedee@Jan 26 2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys. I did pick up last year's 2K hockey installment which was great in multiplayer. Having kept an eye on the NCAA thread which I must say reads like a sports soap opera (keep it up its great reading), I tried to find it but had no joy. I'd love to get a shed load of sports sims but my friends are doing stupid things like getting married and sh't...well they always shat but now they want to sh't in wedlock or something. Basically I've got to spend money on furnishing their houses and buying them drinks. No, I'm pleased for them...really.
selfish b*stards, all of them! How dare they make you compromise your gaming like that...

I would love to play some of the NCAA games but sadly the demand here in the UK isn't great enough, and I don't have a mod-chip...

Absolutely. Don't you hate wankers like that? We've got one of them running this place. You know what he wants us to do? He's setting up a Pay Pal account so we can "donate to TRF" so he can bloody fund his stinking wedding! Well, I for one am appalled. So appalled in fact, that I have taken up his invite just so I can see him burst into tears as Ripper jumps naked out of the cake....

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 26 2006, 11:16 AM
Absolutely. Don't you hate wankers like that? We've got one of them running this place. You know what he wants us to do? He's setting up a Pay Pal account so we can "donate to TRF" so he can bloody fund his stinking wedding! Well, I for one am appalled. So appalled in fact, that I have taken up his invite just so I can see him burst into tears as Ripper jumps naked out of the cake....
Still, at least he'll get some publicity... apparently Air Ben is going to video the whole thing, then it'll be up on Google video and on every forum he's a member of within the hour...

PS that really is meant as good natured banter Air Ben, I know you will take it as such.

Originally posted by toup@Jan 27 2006, 12:01 AM
PS that really is meant as good natured banter Air Ben, I know you will take it as such.
Oh yeah. That applies to you as well Len. Just banter.

...Ripper, I'll get back to you.

Go out and get a copy of ESPN NFL 2K5. Best football game ever. I was a huge Madden fan but this game burns it up. Plus you could pick it up for 20 odd buckaroonys. Easy

I agree with that, ESPN 2k5 on xbox is the complete NFL package. Half time show, full time show and NFl primetime complete with highlights of all the best plays, awsome.

Right, cuff the basketball, I always get frustrated when I can't smash sh't up anyway. ESPN 2k5 it is!

Latest posts