• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Challenge Cup Quarter Finals

Especially seeing that your A side are going to be knocked out in the B&I Cup by Bris :p

On paper its a tough QF to call, I think Leinster will win it but it'll be bloomin close, possibly 1 or 2 points in it

Yeah we will our A team has three guys who don't even have contracts yet. A hooker as sub backrow and Fion Carr at 15. I'd be surprised if it's close.

Leinster should treat this competition with the highest level of seriousness. A few years down the road these ranking points are going to be very important. If of course the format of European rugby is the same that is.

Great point Feicarsinn. Winning the Amlin Challenge Cup is equivalent in points to reaching the Heineken Cup semi finals, and those ranking points are crucial to the seeding a team gets. The Cardiff Blues have been in the top group these last couple of years thanks to winning the Amlin Challenge Cup in 2010. As a result they got themselves some easier draws and got to the Heineken Cup quarter finals last year despite not being near a top 8 European side.

I don't know why you don't like McAlister. He is a quality playmaker (even if his goal kicking can be off at times) and was considered one of the best players in the league last season when Toulouse won the ***le. Much better than Bootxis.

Seen him several times this season and he has been very unimpressive as a play maker and "Off at times" is hardly my description of his goal kicking....disasterous more likely! I have to say that I have never really rated Beauxis (although could understand why Biarritz were keen when he was muted to be coming before his move to Toulouse as we had no one else!).........and that the lack of a quality 10 is why I believe Toulouse, despite their 3rd place in the Top 14, have not been all that good this season.

Not sure Toulouse have "as full team as possible" either, that is pretty much their second string (still a pretty good second string though) other than the centres. Steenkamp, Johnston, Maestri, Albacete, Nyanga, Dusautoir, Picamoles, Doussain, McAlister, Clerc, Huget from the first choice starting XV have all been given a rest.

Oops! Should obviously gone for Perpignan to win this one had I bothered to look properly at the full Toulouse team rather glancing at just the back line from which I think Clerc is the only one who could play and would be missed as, I believe, Huget is injured? My apologies!

Dai Youngs plan to beat Leinster "we gotta play well" brilliiant!

Dat Wade...

Can't wait to see Billy come on.

Last edited:
Sooooo which 14 shirt will Wade have on this summer, Lions or England? :p