• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amlin Challenge Cup Quarter Finals

A number 8 in open space, having built up a head of steam, with only a winger carrying an injured arm in front of him. Johnson should have backed himself.

A head of steam though? I think the fact that he got elbowed in the face in the act of kicking the ball shows he didn't have enough time for a head of steam!

We're having a go but I can't see us winning this unless we can massively improve our defence. I haven't seen the character from wasps or the ability to stay in a close one, to be all that confident

Great steal there by Toner.

EDIT: Fantastic break by Nacewa and brilliant to see a try from Ross.

Last edited:
I don't know if average is the word... he's made two big mistakes which have together cost 10 points. Otherwise, he's been fine.

Fair enough. He looks pretty concussed to be honest...and as I type that they sub him. Hope he's alright.

Wasps need to spend some time in the Leinster half now, good spell of play to get some momentum and they can defiantly still win this.

Memo to Wasps players: No tackling allowed above thigh level.

This. Reminds me of that time in Super XV someone was penalised for a basically normal tackle on Dan Carter, and Andrew Hore said to the referee: "Is it a rule that you're not allowed to tackle Dan Carter anymore!?"

Good try there. Smart pick by Kearney.

Great to see Jack McGrath on.

Just march down and score again after Wasps score superb hands by D'arcy and strong finish by Nacewa.

Last edited:
Should've had Tommy Bell on the bench - then you'd have another kicking option and a 15 who isn't Southwell...

Good to get the win. Scoreline a bit unfair actually thought we didn't play great in large part to Wasps playing very well. Hard luck to them

The more class and experience told in the end. Wasps played well and can be proud of their showing tonight.

Not taking anything away from Leinster but does anyone else think its wrong to come out the Heineken cup into the amlin ? Still an awesome game though !

Latest posts