• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An end to the Powergen cup?

Too much Rugby kills Rugby. Although I like a lot Club Rugby the right balance must be found and the players have been complaining in the NH of playing too many matchs a season.

I would get rid of the Powergen cup for the Premiership clubs and change the HEC to a FA cup like competition.

They should get rid of the Summer Internationals and move the Six Nations to May/June time

I had no problem with the old cup. It's just that the money in the HC has become the be all and end all for most clubs, which is why most of the bigger clubs didn't care about it. in the past there have been some great upsets, e.g harlequins v tigers twice, Pertemp Bees v Wasps, Bristol winning from D1. The problem is that the money wasn't worth it to the clubs so the top clubs would put out second string sides and concentrate on the premiership and europe.

Why should they be there in the first place? Kick them back to the Principality.[/b]

Wow a knock out tournament of 4 teams (possibly soon to be 3) how exciting :rolleyes:

So that would be...

- The premiership

- HEC/ECC cup

- The RFU cup

- The shitty anglo/taff joke

- Summer international tours

So when exactly would the players get a rest?

If it's that improtant to the bloody Welsh to have a cup, set up one between the celtic sides and LEAVE OUR TOURNAMENTS ALONE!

:wall:

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Apr 18 2006, 09:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
If it's that improtant to the bloody Welsh to have a cup, set up one between the celtic sides

Ok, give me a cup setup with 11 teams. [/b][/quote]
Don't let in whoever finishes bottom of the CL (in other words, don't let in Connacht).

So you have to base it on last year's rankings?

Ok fair enough, now give me a cup setup with 10 teams.

The top five teams get in automatically, and the other six have a playoff to decide who gets the other three spots. :)

I don't think we'd agree to that if it started next year and the SRU prob wouldn't either unless they started it in the 07/08 season based on the 06/07 season.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 18 2006, 10:29 AM
So that would be...

- The premiership

- HEC/ECC cup

- The RFU cup

If it's that improtant to the bloody Welsh to have a cup, set up one between the celtic sides and LEAVE OUR TOURNAMENTS ALONE!

Interesting to see how the England's Rugby Board decided to make the competition with Wales! :bleh!:

Originally posted by Cymro+Apr 18 2006, 11:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Apr 18 2006, 10:29 AM
So that would be...

- The premiership

- HEC/ECC cup

- The RFU cup

Interesting to see how the England's Rugby Board decided to make the competition with Wales! :bleh!: [/b]
After the WRU begged them for it. And by that stage it was too late to stop it, all the RFU board had the money signs obscuring their realisation that it was a **** idea.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Apr 18 2006, 10:18 AM
Why should they be there in the first place? Kick them back to the Principality.

Wow a knock out tournament of 4 teams (possibly soon to be 3) how exciting :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I don't care about a cup competition you want to have. Make one with your semi-pro teams.

Originally posted by el_tk+Apr 18 2006, 11:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmokeyMonkey
@Apr 18 2006, 10:18 AM
<div class='quotemain'>Why should they be there in the first place? Kick them back to the Principality.

Wow a knock out tournament of 4 teams (possibly soon to be 3) how exciting :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I don't care about a cup competition you want to have. Make one with your semi-pro teams. [/b][/quote]
Exactly like England had before this season...

Originally posted by el_tk Posted on Apr 18 2006@ 10:07 PM
Make one with your semi-pro teams.

Actually there is one, and you didn't even notice did you? Proves how good it is. :rolleyes:

Latest posts