• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An interesting theory

M

Mr. Laxative

Well, I was thinking about this new RL game and how bad the controls are. I've noticed a huge step up in graphics when controls were faulty, people say that the PC version is smoother so maybe this game was actually originally planned for PS3 and that's what the delay was for... to re-write it for PS2. Maybe HES had told sidhe they needed to release it now for it to come out, don't know, but maybe...

Maybe not.
<

Sidhe couldnt cut the mustard for ps3 projects at the moment IMO
They cant even get a ps2 game right, when the ps2 is nearing its lifespan, hence developers should get every resource out of the little bugger

They say budgets influence their development

I'd say at the moment the budget for a ps3 game is 3 times Sidhe's overall value as a company

I'll be jumping on xbox360, if Sony dont release some new info in regards to release, launch ***les and price.

Sony has 2 months, otherwise ak47, will send some $$ in Gates' direction.
Not that i wont get a ps3, its just Sonys competitors are getting my sauce too for once.

I am beginning to think the 2007 line-up of EA sports on ps3 will mirror those of 2006 line-up of 360 ***les, but in 2007, the 360 EA ***les will be suped up like Tyson on roids....heck the new Fight Night rd3, is supposed to be the 360's 1st in depth EA sports ***le...........cant wait for feedback on that.

Originally posted by Jacko@Jan 11 2006, 01:35 PM
Well, I was thinking about this new RL game and how bad the controls are. I've noticed a huge step up in graphics when controls were faulty, people say that the PC version is smoother so maybe this game was actually originally planned for PS3 and that's what the delay was for... to re-write it for PS2. Maybe HES had told sidhe they needed to release it now for it to come out, don't know, but maybe...
I give that theory a "0%" chance of being correct, for the reasons outlined by AK47..................

As for the graphics, have you ever played RL2 on the side cam???

Might make you think twice about how well/smoothly the general play animations have been implemented...........

On PC graphic step up is huge cos of hi-res. what I was thinking is maybe it was originally for PS3 (which has hi-res and better frame rate) where graphics and fluidity are probably better.

For starters, they wouldn't have said that they were aiming at a Q4 2005 release initially, had they been working on it for PS3. Also, they would have needed to have a dev-kit to work with PS3 hardware which would have been expensive on their part, therefore the downgrade to PS2 would have meant that they (TruBlu) may have lost a lot of money, and seeing as how they haven't nailed Rugby League down as a playable game with a large enough fan base, they were never ever going to take the risk and make the game for next-gen.

...Plus, the graphics would have been a lot better. These are aboout on par with Rugby 05 on PC.

Also, is it me or are the graphics relatively **** on PS2? I mean, FIFA 04 looked better imo. Also very jerky....Like Rippers left arm.

I can live with the graphics on RL1 so RL2 isnt a problem. Its the gameplay I cant forgive.

Im also sure somewhere Mario has already said should there be an RL3 it will be PS2 and not PS3.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 11 2006, 08:02 PM
I can live with the graphics on RL1 so RL2 isnt a problem. Its the gameplay I cant forgive.

Im also sure somewhere Mario has already said should there be an RL3 it will be PS2 and not PS3.
Well PS3 won't be out in Aus untill Dec 2006 or early 2007, so that's understandable...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
An interesting theory, beware, this is my own[/b]

please...stop thinking for the benefit of mankind and its beautiful animals

note im being very sarcastic jacko....yet i dont know the meaning of the word so its proberly a big lie

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 11 2006, 08:26 PM
Also, is it me or are the graphics relatively **** on PS2? I mean, FIFA 04 looked better imo. Also very jerky....Like Rippers left arm.
Maybe if you had lent me some cash so I could shoot myself up just one more time I wouldnt be suffering these withdrawl side effects.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 16 2006, 05:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 16 2006, 05:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 11 2006, 08:26 PM
Maybe if you had lent me some cash so I could shoot myself up just one more time I wouldnt be suffering these withdrawl side effects. [/b]
WHOOOSH!!

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 16 2006, 07:13 PM
WHOOOSH indeed kaftka. WHOOOSH indeed.

(not the silly internet company)
<
Oh JJ, you so crazay!!

<

<

<

****! Why didn't I nominate you for something?
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 16 2006, 08:18 PM
<
Because.

Anywho, he's been looking at this thread for a while, do you think he's got it yet?
<

Originally posted by JJ-+Jan 16 2006, 07:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Jan 16 2006, 07:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 16 2006, 08:18 PM
<
Because.

Anywho, he's been looking at this thread for a while, do you think he's got it yet?
<
[/b]
Nope. He's left. He's going to sleep on it and get back to us tomorrow no doubt.

[edit] He's probably too young to understand.

Mm. However I'm sure google will provide the answer and have him puzzled as to what dried beef (jerky), his arm, and a game have in common?

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 16 2006, 07:33 PM
Mm. However I'm sure google will provide the answer and have him puzzled as to what dried beef (jerky), his arm, and a game have in common?
My humour is obviously far too subtle.

...I'm adding more bananas to my sig...

...And stealing the lyrics from gjohns sig...

...No, no. I won't do the last one.

Latest posts