• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An open letter to World Rugby.

please stop it, u are a kid. Idk how anyone can buy ur bs, but from ur google dictionarry french, to your PHD physics husband who cant get the principle of frame and time, come on... Get a life

Why are you continuing to post such insults to Gamine? That's not a rhetorical question, by the way, though you're in good company in ignoring it on this forum cos a few of the knowledgeable 'in-crowd' have responded with a deathly and deafening silence to some I have posted about cheating. Talking of which, Bryan Habana didn't quite make that try and great player though he is, when it was rightly disallowed, through the use of the TMO, the commentator of the feed I was watching said: 'He tried to claim it, though.' Without the use of the TMO, he might well have been awarded that try, to which the in-crowd would chorus as the sheep in 'Animal Farm', 'The referee made a mistake' {Hence the introduction of the TMO in the first place but don't let on that you already know that because it's really there to make sure that true and fair decisions are made, and that is necessary because some people cheat}. Would that all sports have such things in place - Lance Armstrong, yellow is sure the right word.

As for me, I'm still trying to get my head around the idea that incompetent refereeing somehow bears responsibility for a player cheating, as with Roy Carroll at Old Trafford, but not with Maradona's 'hand of god' goal. Maybe some of the smart cookies can explain it to me but be careful: fools rush in where angels fear to tread, like there's only one letter difference between cooky and cocky.

I mean, who knows, it might sit below their lofty expertise and ivory towers, but it sure does you no favours, Overgore, in pointing out Gamine's poor command of the French language and use of a Google (Note the capital letter) dictionary, not 'dictionarry', as you had it, nor 'wich' as you wrote in your post 103. Maybe you should invest in a better English dictionary than your Google one; there might even be one that could give you a pointer to using some punctuation while you're at it.

Last edited:
Why are you continuing to post such insults to Gamine?

Probably becasue, like the rest of us, Overgore has realised gamine is a troll

That's not a rhetorical question, by the way, though you're in good company in ignoring it on this forum cos a few of the knowledgeable 'in-crowd' have responded with a deathly and deafening silence to some I have posted about cheating.

The deathly silence you speak of from "the knowledgeable 'in-crowd'" is very likely because "the knowledgeable 'in-crowd'" have got her on ignore (as have I) so we don't see her posts

That she (if in fact she really is a "she") is a troll became apparent when some of us tried to walk her in baby steps and explain in words of one syllable why a pass caught in front of the passer is not necessarily a forward pass, using very simple grade-school science reference frames to show why this was so.

Her response was that her husband, who is apparently a nuclear physicist (Yeah, right!) says that reference frames are rubbish.

At that point, she went straight onto my "ignore list" and the only reason I see anything she posts is when gullible members engage her and quote her posts.

Last edited:
Probably becasue, like the rest of us, Overgore has realised gamine is a troll

The deathly silence you speak of from "the knowledgeable 'in-crowd'" is very likely because "the knowledgeable 'in-crowd'" have got her on ignore (as have I) so we don't see her posts

That she (if in fact she really is a "she") is a troll became apparent when some of us tried to walk her in baby steps and explain in words of one syllable why a pass caught in front of the passer is not necessarily a forward pass, using very simple grade-school science reference frames to show why this was so.

Her response was that her husband, who is apparently a nuclear physicist (Yeah, right!) says that reference frames are rubbish.

At that point, she went straight onto my "ignore list" and the only reason I see anything she posts is when gullible members engage her and quote her posts.

Oh, subtle, only gullible members engage her and quote her posts. Guess that's marked me, and I didn't even see that coming.

Maybe your simple grade-school science reference frames could slip in a bit of English, too, so that you capitalise 'Gramine', and spell 'because' and 'necessarily' correctly.

If Gramine was a troll, as you and others suggest, I'd be feeling pity, rather than your contempt. Mind you, I do also find putting some people on 'ignore lists' a little, shall we say, childish?

Last edited:
Oh, subtle, only gullible members engage her and quote her posts. Guess that's marked me, and I didn't even see that coming.

You own that, not me

Maybe your simple grade-school science reference frames could slip in a bit of English, too, so that you capitalise 'Gramine', and spell 'because' and 'necessarily' correctly.

Right back at ya Cliffyboy

Its "gamine", not "gramine", and its a username; the user spells it with a lower case "g" so thats how I post it

If Gramine was a troll, as you and others suggest, I'd be feeling pity, rather than your contempt.

Well I have only contempt for trolls. I've been around internet forums since the time of telnet bulletin boards when computers did not have hard disks, and floppy disks really were floppy, and if you had a computer with 64K of memory, it was considered top of the line. I have long since lost any patience I might have once had with trolls and WUMs. If that makes me a GOM, so be it.

Mind you, I do also find putting some people on 'ignore lists' a little, shall we say, childish?

It has the added benefit of removing the unnecessary clutter of irrelevant posts from the thread pages. Makes it easier to find the stuff I really weant to read.

You own that, not me

I'll wear that, proudly, and slip in a full stop for you, too. (After 'me' - it's a tad basic, but there you go).

Right back at ya Cliffyboy (Say, shouldn't there be a comma and full stop there?) Two down, more to go, I'd surmise.

Its "gamine", not "gramine", and its a username; the user spells it with a lower case "g" so thats how I post it

Hey, didn't expect my surmising to be so swiftly confirmed - yet still another full stop omitted - they grow like Hydras' heads. And with all due respect to internet users, I'll always capitalise a proper noun.

My, you sure do love to take that bait; I've caught some whoppers in my time but you take the biscuit, and what's more, you swallow it whole, hook, line and sinker. Pity you don't share the same affection for punctuation: three apostrophes omitted from the above - 'omne trium perfectum'. They'd be spinning in their graves in Ancient Rome.

Well I have only contempt for trolls. I've been around internet forums since the time of telnet bulletin boards when computers did not have hard disks, and floppy disks really were floppy, and if you had a computer with 64K of memory, it was considered top of the line. I have long since lost any patience I might have once had with trolls and WUMs. If that makes me a GOM, so be it.

You and I part company on this - if Gamine is a troll, I would feel nothing but pity for her/him/it, that such an abject being can post on sites like this one. But I disagree that she is, and though I may be wrong, I don't feel that a troll would rise to the bait, as she has done. Indeed, she has continued to write and reply to others. You must have a bushel to clutch at straw so.

It has the added benefit of removing the unnecessary clutter of irrelevant posts from the thread pages. Makes it easier to find the stuff I really weant to read.

Deliberate misspelling there with 'weant' , or perchance the stuff of dreams?

Right back at me in your dreams, pal, bait included. Tell you: Got bad news: I did see it coming.

Last edited:
I'm on fence on the troll question but if she's not she clearly doesn't want to listen how something actually works. But I think smartcooky, myself and others are right to be annoyed we calmly explained it several times over getting simpler each time, and we kept getting the same response back.

Not sure why your branding people know it all just because they know the answer to something. Sounds like the stupid rubbish I had to put up with in secondary school where smater kids got branded boffins and ridiculed for being able to use their brains.

I'm on fence on the troll question but if she's not she clearly doesn't want to listen how something actually works. But I think smartcooky, myself and others are right to be annoyed we calmly explained it several times over getting simpler each time, and we kept getting the same response back.

Not sure why your branding people know it all just because they know the answer to something. Sounds like the stupid rubbish I had to put up with in secondary school where smater kids got branded boffins and ridiculed for being able to use their brains.

I guess you're speaking to me. You and others treated her as a child, but not in a way to impart knowledge but just ego.

If I see what I think are forward passes that aren't pulled up, and I'd say it happened at least once in the final, but the ref misses or doesn't call it, though one or more of the commentators also suggests it was forward, I don't really give a flying fig about the physics of it all, if the commentators are of the view it was probably forward, I'm inclined to think my view was right. Like half the time at the scrums, I don't think I've seen a put-in that wasn't towards the side awarded the scrum, and if some fuxxxx told me my eyes were deceiving me, and that I didn't understand the laws of physics, I'd tell them to go fuxx a sheep, or something similar, and I'd probably have a few mongrels out the back ready.

Because knowledge doesn't, and shouldn't, mean certainty, because you build your knowledge on certainty and it can crumble like ash, as King Lear discovered.

You do not know the irony of your last two sentences.

Actually nope not repling in full your argument is simply utter rubbish. Essentially it boils down to I'm allowed to be ignorant of the facts because I know what I see.

Last edited:

Brands people "know-it-alls, and then corrects their spelling and grammar - does he really not see the irony in that?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually nope not repling in full your argument is simply utter rubbish. Essentially it boils down to I'm allowed to be ignorant of the facts because I know what I see.

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Yeah well I don't mind so much someone correcting it auto correct is a git at times and I swear in writing this post my tablet registered the wrong button several times.Plus my spelling and grammar is actually atrocious, well it's not as bad as it once was mainly because I have been working on it. Never particulary liked the argument that it somehow invalidates everything you've said (outside of an argument about spelling and grammar) that actually winds me up so ethiong chronic.

I guess you're speaking to me. You and others treated her as a child, but not in a way to impart knowledge but just ego.
Not true.
She asked what a frame of reference was, and when that was explained to her, she leaped from complete ignorance on the matter to having a husband with a PhD in Physics as a means to lecture others. She called BS on other people but failed to explain why.
People who want to learn don't act like that; trolls do.

That not only shows intellectual laziness (why not google the concept yourself), but also contempt, rudeness and borderline idiocy. I have no time nor sympathy for that. She's in my ignore list.

If anything, i think she was given the benefit of the doubt for too long by too many.

Leave Gamine alone guys, we make sweet love, we don't need refs....I'm the one that blows the whistle :buba:

Does it? Man and facts make uneasy bedfellows, let me give you the tip. 'Imperious Caesar, dead and turned to clay./Might stop a hole to keep the wind away.', and if Shakespeare's too much of a challenge, try Gray's Elegy, like: 'The paths of glory lead but to the grave.'

So in post 126, in your last sentence you said: 'Sounds like the stupid rubbish I had to put up with in secondary school where smater (sic) kids got branded boffins and ridiculed for being able to use their brains.' Why was that, did some of them have the nous to question why someone would use the adjective 'stupid' to describe 'rubbish', as if rubbish could be intelligent?

Or in your penultimate sentence where you wrote: 'Not sure why your (sic) instead of 'you're'? and above where you wrote: 'not repling (sic)' in a sentence reprehensible for its lack lack of punctuation and clarity, irony excepted.

Oh that you could see how your certainty,
fills the mind with insecurity.

Brands people "know-it-alls, and then corrects their spelling and grammar - does he really not see the irony in that?

No, he doesn't, anymore than you see any in your sobriquet, because it's as wafer-thin as human existence, but he sure sees the irony in individual sheep baaing together a la 'Animal Farm', and with egos feigning humility while crushing another with their supposed bullying knowledge and superiority, a la 'Lord Of The Flies'.

Let me give you the tip, Smartcooky, the irony in correcting a person's spelling and grammar lies only in how easily they make it because they are too full of their own self-importance. I never fire the first round but I'll never back down once one is fired at me. You find evidence on these threads of this not being so. You only responded, for example, because I posted to OverGore and I simply asked him why he continued to insult Gamine, and I only pointed out his mistakes with English because he vilified her over her use of French. If you hadn't come in with your ego's worth to that post, I wouldn't be writing this now.

Even with your childish use of so-called Smileys to Ncurd, there's irony there with it being the clap. Like I say, you make it too easy.

Yeah you are talking out your ass. Poets and playwrights write pretty cool stuff at times but I think I'll trust scientists when it comes to whether I should trust the laws of physics over my eyes.

Rubbish can be stupid when applied to definition 1.2 of oed http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/rubbish

Lastly someone admits their grammar is bad but that doesn't make them stupid but sure let's say that as an I win on argument.

- - - Updated - - -

ah I see now it's the I think this guys is pompus arrogant twit so I'll be and even more a pompus arrogant twit even though my way has nothing to do with the arguement at hand and the first pompus arrogant twist was just trying to explain something to someone else. That'll show them!

Not true.
She asked what a frame of reference was, and when that was explained to her, she leaped from complete ignorance on the matter to having a husband with a PhD in Physics as a means to lecture others. She called BS on other people but failed to explain why.
People who want to learn don't act like that; trolls do.

That not only shows intellectual laziness (why not google the concept yourself), but also contempt, rudeness and borderline idiocy. I have no time nor sympathy for that. She's in my ignore list.

If anything, i think she was given the benefit of the doubt for too long by too many.

Truth is a concept that is almost beyond man's thinking and, apart for the religious, is just a subjective belief resting on a foundation of straw. For example, since you say 'complete ignorance', what is 'incomplete ignorance'? And how do you know enough to sweepingly say that 'People who want to learn don't act like that'? How can you know and be sure of so much, when life ends in a flicker? I could even argue that googling the concept myself, is itself an example of 'intellectual laziness', and as for 'contempt, rudeness and borderline idiocy', don't they also reflect her opponents' positions? You have no time nor sympathy for that? What, an attitude over a sport? I have no time for the rottenness, corruption and hypocrisy that I see in the upper echelons of virtually every government on the planet, and I have no time nor sympathy for war, weaponry research, development, manufacture, and use, starvation, paedophilia, and all other such sickening things. I might want my team to win and do well but let's put things in perspective.

Yeah you are talking out your ass. Poets and playwrights write pretty cool stuff at times but I think I'll trust scientists when it comes to whether I should trust the laws of physics over my eyes.

Rubbish can be stupid when applied to definition 1.2 of oed http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/rubbish

Lastly someone admits their grammar is bad but that doesn't make them stupid but sure let's say that as an I win on argument.

- - - Updated - - -

ah I see now it's the I think this guys is pompus arrogant twit so I'll be and even more a pompus arrogant twit even though my way has nothing to do with the arguement at hand and the first pompus arrogant twist was just trying to explain something to someone else. That'll show them!

I'll wear that cos if anyone should know someone who talks out of their ass, you should, you've been doing it ever since you drew breath. Let's face it, if you were on the island in 'Lord Of The Flies', you'd be up there with Jack's tribe. It's got nothing to do with the laws of physics, either, but simply how you communicate with others. You feign being one of your school's 'boffins' - pause for laughter from the house - but try neatly, though unsuccessfully to forestall criticism and questioning of this position by admitting that your grammar is bad, as in heads I win, tails you lose, yet then you actually say: 'I'll be...even more a pompous arrogant twit....................That'll show them!' Well, you said it. Out of the mouths of babes and Ncurd.

Yeah sorry got no time for anyone who want belittle the abuse I got at school.

RWC and the trolling that follows is a gift that keeps on giving.

I love this thread so much

Latest posts