• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An Tarbh

Originally posted by loratadine@Jul 12 2006, 04:34 AM
the overhaul i was referring to was to do with the mods.
I have to agree with Lora...some mods excaberate (is that a word?) situations more than neutralise them. However the problem does not stop with just mods...members are just as bitey. Then only difference is Mods are expected to behave better.....otherwise anarchy.....

Imagine if a ref started backchatting to troublesome players.....things would end up worse until players were physically handling the ref. Ref's have to be straight....harsh yet fair....and not accentuate potential problems begining to flare.

Imagine if Chiro now as a mod did exactly the same as he had done for ages with his posting...especially his dialogue with kinkon days.

However it should be remembered that mods are human....this forum is growing.....a lot of its members are young......so maybe Lora you should realise that there will be mistakes everywhere. Even the whitehouse still has in-house disputes. No organisation is "perfect"

The bottom line is that this is St Helens and Getofmelands board. They own it. In reality if they wanted to have a forum where abuse was rampant 24/7 then NO ONE can stop them...it is there choice.

So with regards to that.....whoever the mods are.....it is the owners choice whether to have them or not.........and wanting to change that is SOLELY their choice. Members can give their opinions but ultimately only the owners can say yay or nay.........therefore.....crying :cryy: too much about it is futile to say the least :wall: . Better to either accept it or move out. :unsure:

It is not the end of the world............

I dont think it could have been put more perfactly GG!!

But i think to some respects its fine to treat this as a business but if you are, keep that behind closed doors in the admin/mod part so we can just enjoy the board as a board and not a business because we are here on our own free will and I love this board, i havent been on a better one ever, but unless im part of the staff I dont want to have to deal with or told about the continual need for things to be better. If they do, then fix them, dont just tell us about them.

However I am happy to help out with usuall board things, but i will no longer go and try looking for new members as i have recently done with DC13 becase there wasnt even a hint of good job guys from the staff or one of them trying to get that topic going a bit more. So thats the end of that sort of stuff for me!

This is not an attack on the board, because ive been round a while and I would never do that. Im proud of this board and greatful for what Dom has done in his massive effor for getting this board going. I just dont want to see this board turn into one of those boards where it is trying to be to "perfect", I just hope it stays how its always been, a fun place to be where people can take jokes, the line is never crossed (unless its done on purpose :p ), and nothing is ever REALLY serious. Because it was these time when we attracked some of our best members and got thing really going...e.g. Swardfish Ian and Trev.

I hope you understand what im trying to say because i cant be bothered re-wrighting it, but ya no just saying whats in my head.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jul 11 2006, 05:40 PM
but sometimes you generate an impression as this is almost a buisiness, like your the boss sort of thing.
Forgotten about this:

I have to run this board like it a business. I have bought TRF (with Charlie) because I love it and I want to turn it into a success. I don't have money to fritter away, but I do have a passion for the board. I have paid money, as has Charlie, and we do need to get it operating as a business.

But I totally intend to have fun whilst doing it.

You guys are the pleasurists - you're here to enjoy it. I do have to run it like a business, this board is an investment of mine, though I doubt I'll ever get it making a profit. Leave the business side to us, you guys just enjoy yourselves.

That's why the board is here, that's why we're here.

Latest posts