• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another Schoolboy talent

Q

QLD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
THE Brisbane Broncos are hoping to win the race to sign impressive high school student Dane Gagai, who is also in the sights of the Queensland Reds and other NRL clubs.

Gagai's father, Ray, an electrifying winger from Mackay who represented Queensland country in the eighties, was recruited by the Broncos in 1989.

He never played a game because at the time Brisbane were blessed with wingers such as Michael Hancock, Joe Kilroy and Willie Carne.

Brisbane have interviewed the 17 year-old centre, a relative of Wendell Sailor who is captain of the first XV at Brisbane Boys' College.

It's understood he's also considering approaches from the Cowboys and the Reds and will make his decision by the end of the month.

Football manager Peter Nolan said the Broncos were keen to attract young Gagai to the club straight out of high school.

Brisbane, who have had their eye on Gagai for 18 months, interviewed him last month.

"He's very talented and an exceptionally level-headed young kid," said Nolan.

"He's done very good at school since BBC brought him down from Mackay."

A current member of the Queensland Reds national training squad, Gagai has not made up his mind between league and rugby.

"I've had offers from rugby and league, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do," Gagai said recently.

"I'm going to finish the rugby season and make a decision then."

Gagai has excelled as a student since joining BBC on an indigenous scholarship program during year 10.

His name heads an honour board of 200 students who've made the greatest improvements in their academic achievements this year.

"He's a lovely, good quality kid and BBC deserve a big rap for what they've done for him," said Nolan.

"We're going to do our best and hope we get him."[/b]

my mate goes to his school and ive seen him play once, he was pretty good

Cool, Seems an upcoming talent.
I also wish him the best and hope to see him on tele very soon;

I hope they don't hype him up too much because than everyones will have silly expectations but good luck to him hopefully he does well and we'll see him in a few years or even months.

He sounds promising. I don't think it will be long before he plays for Australia.

This is my only problem with the current professional aspect of the game...

The kid doesn't care which code he plays in as long as he's earning the most money...

Maybe it's just me, but I've always supported rugby, played rugby, and thought of league as rugby's retarded little cousin which I couldn't give two shits about... and most of the people I used to play with felt the same...

Oh well...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Aug 17 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I used to, yeah. I just haven't had time to update the profile thingo :p[/b]

wow isnt that a bit f***ed.. living the high life, going to southport, living on the coast and moving to Bowral in NSW?? whats up with that?

Who said it was the high life? :) I never lived on the Gold Coast mate, I boarded. I've always lived here in the highlands.

oh bad boys for going to boarding school :p same until got kicked out.

what is boarding school like in australia opposed to england?

and what has happened to this Dane Gagai guy?.

I've got no idea what it's like in England mate, I wouldn't be able to tell you haha...
Basically it's rugby rugby rugby and then some study.

boarding = gym, rugby, more gym, rowing, gym, ergoes, rugby

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 12 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who said it was the high life? :) I never lived on the Gold Coast mate, I boarded. I've always lived here in the highlands.[/b]

Why the Reds and who do you go for in origin

I think you are happy for his "school transfer" ;)

Always nice to hear about young promising talents, they must make rugby even more fascinating for us rugby fans

Give my regards to this guy :cheers:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 21 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you are happy for his "school transfer" ;)

Always nice to hear about young promising talents, they must make rugby even more fascinating for us rugby fans

Give my regards to this guy :cheers:[/b]

How come there is no picture in this post?

How come there is no picture in this post?
[/quote]

Oh I was hurrying

Tell me are my pics bothering for you?

And are you on edge to kill me? :cheers: :D :D

deskcg_bother1280.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 22 2008, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh I was hurrying

Tell me are my pics bothering for you?

And are you on edge to kill me? :cheers: :D :D

deskcg_bother1280.gif
[/b]

No, they are not bothering me at all? :cheers:

They're great.

But let us unite as rugby fan and sing as one. :D

And take the knife edge from the emergin green light.

Cheers.

i_love_rugby.jpg

Yeah! my friend we have one great in common:

WE LOVE THIS GAME

I AM JUST TO SING RUGBY EVERY DAY AND EVERY NIGHT

TODAY GEORGIAN NATIONAL TEAM UNDER 19 WON SEMIFINAL OF EUROPEAN FIRA AER TROPHY AGAINST RUSSIA 37:0 AND I AM SO EXCITD THAT EVEN WHILE POSTING I SING THE SONGS.

GREAT

HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg

Georgia-rugby.jpg

I love this pic, look what a words

card03.JPG

A friend of mine from my school just got signed to the Queensland Reds, his names Rodney Davies, about 3 years younger than Berrick Barnes, who also went to my school Ipswich Grammar School Represent!

Pfft... lol

I'm a Queenslander mate, there's no question where I'll be after school. Screw the cold! :p
I love the passion shown in the QLD GPS! It's fantastic, I'm trying to introduce it here with not much luck.
But because the family's here mate, I'd rather be here. :D

PS Woldog, did you realise it says "France Worl Cup" in your signature?

Latest posts