• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anti-Smacking Bill in NZ

<div class='quotemain'>
LOL. You have no idea. New thinking from some parenting "experts" is already saying that "time-out" is at times "neglectful and unconstructive".
[/b]

you got me on that one. but i can only assume that that is only a minority of people who think that, surely? and just out of sheer cuiosity, what do they offer?

sorry if i sounded pushy or anything, but i just shudder when the way things are presented can mean a totally diffrent thing that what it really is. even worse is what bradford did, and made a good thing bad, which then got made even worse.

parents do need limits. you cant argue with that. what these limits are you can. i personally think, like ive said before, open handed 'smack' without moving your sholder - ie. only elbow movement. this limits how hard you can hit, and angle. you cant give a kid a full on hit - which is why this bill has been drafted in the first place.

and i completely agree with gg on most things. hes the type of person you need to be talking to. islander teacher in a islander comunity. harsher punishments need to be put on kids. but thats been preached for ever. but now - things have been more serious. you cant kick kids out of school, without knowing whats going to happen with them. sure, they need to leave that school, but being swapped between 5-6 schools isnt helping anyone. the moment that kind of violence happens in a school, you cant pass the buck onto the next school. once the incodent occors, harsh punishment and then be taken to another school, but with many visits by social workers, police and a history and analysis of the pupil given to the next school.

i do think that parents should be paying for their childs fines though. sure you cant cripple the family, but there needs to be some sort of responsibility by the parents. its not fair on the parents by any means, but they are, obviously by this debate, the ones that need to step up to the plate.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, well I think I came across a little testy on this issue too. Us NZ'ers are reknowned for being passionate about moral issues.

All this anti smacking bill is just so unbelievable !! The fact is some people should never have children. But they do. So as sambad say, they should implement parents class. It's not easy to handle your child when things go totally out of control.

at least when the child is out of control, the parent isnt. or atleast knows what to do when they, themselves are focused.

at least when the child is out of control, the parent isnt. or atleast knows what to do when they, themselves are focused.
[/b]

Children can get pretty wild though, especially if they're big rugby players. :lol: I don't think smacking is the right way, but sometimes words alone aren't enough to tame a rabid child.

Latest posts