• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any NEW videos??

Originally posted by *MiTcH*@Feb 27 2005, 12:30 PM
lol 2 tru
Exactly!
<
More clips would just make the wait feel longer
<
. And already I can't wait to get this game going on my PC! I'm just dying to give the reds a good roling with the Tahs!

yea waratahs r lookn gud....they gave the cheifs a gud beatn bt 2 b fair that ref was absolute CRAP!!

I think gameplay videos have had plenty of coverage, but seeing the creation centre side of things and how well it works would be nice.
Of course thats if the administrator doesn't mind me saying....
<

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 28 2005, 12:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 28 2005, 12:06 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 27 2005, 12:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-*MiTcH*
@Feb 27 2005, 12:30 PM
lol 2 tru

I'm just dying to give the reds a good roling with the Tahs!
Compensating for something? [/b]
Nope... Don't know what you could be talking about there... Oh yeah BTW, GO THE CANES
<
<
<

Wow!

Have u guys seen the Australia versus Uruguay footage.

Download it if you haven't.

The AI of the computer, for a bad team and on "easy", was really impressive.

The video is also a two-for-the-price-of-oner = it is part gameplay preview, part comedic performance!!

I don't believe anyone here is responsible so I have to have a dig..............

Scoring one try with Oz on easy - in the dying seconds - was hilarious to watch. The player repeatedly running sideways in an incessant attempt to just waltz through the line continuosly....only somehow he always f***s it up! Disregarding any form of building pressure or play execution. I think there were like 10 bombed tries. It is truly funny to watch (or frustrating)!

But there are some great and promising things I hadn't seen in any other clips....these might interest anyone who hasn't seen it:

- Sailor pulls a simply devastating step towards and then step away (in and away) that works a treat.....lovely stuff.

- Giteau apears to perhaps or perhaps not pop a ball to Mortlock in the second half (can only pause and have no definitive answer...sorry)

- The computer AI (it's Uruguay on easy) is great! Two breaks that are made do not result in the player moving back to support at all (but it is side view and simply everything seems to work (and look) better). Instead one is ended by a great ankle tap...the other by a try saver on the Uruguayan centre who seems to hunting for space like his life depended on it.

- There is a free kick for taking too long to get the ball into the line-out (fairly prompt too!)

- As mentioned by Locksley you can run onto the ball etc interms of guiding the receiver of the pass......At some point in the vid Sailor hits a gap atraight and..again...it looks great. Again b/c its side view...well....you either understand this or you don't.

- The drop goal by uruguay to take the lead early is a monster!! Hilarious....when he unleashed it I laughed aloud at its ambition only for it to drop over the cross bar to Latham's disgust! (should have had Rogers at FB - but that's another matter)

- Mortlock had the pace to go all the way to the line as the d finally gave way - the wind sailed through his.....er......well, I could sense the excitement of the player pulling it out late...even if it was easy....whoever it was will be on this level for a wee while methinks!! lol!
<

- Players gunning down sidelines.....great to see...even if Oz play like a team coached by a Somalian yo-yo expert (even I don't know what I mean)....let's just say he (she?) lacked a certain structure to their game......

Why....and this is a gripe about most of the vids.....does the user team neglect the blind?
Ruck...pass open...ruck...pass open.....ruck ....pass open....

Keep em honest fellas!!

Locksley Ihave two questions

- Is the grubber random enough that it can't be used like in WCR? - where you can score 99 times out of a hundred by grubbering before the FB, getting your pace back, and then regathering for a try...so lame.

- Can you make an AI defender drop to the ground by moving in close and then away - so that he misses you? This can be good (JLR) or bad (WCR)

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 28 2005, 02:27 AM
I don't believe anyone here is responsible so I have to have a dig..............

Scoring one try with Oz on easy - in the dying seconds - was hilarious to watch. The player repeatedly running sideways in an incessant attempt to just waltz through the line continuosly....only somehow he always f***s it up!
...maybe it was his first time playing the game...

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 27 2005, 11:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 27 2005, 11:12 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 27 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-*MiTcH*
@Feb 27 2005, 10:14 AM
yea tru.
few problems with ths game anyway. prefer the perfection that madden has

Yes, but madden is a gridiron sim, and the vast majority of us here much prefer Rugby to Toy Soldiers (NFL)...
Now now, dont start downing my sport, when I am here on these boards cheering on, and loving Rugby.
<

I love the NFL, but I love Rugby as well, and I was born and raised in California.

I dont come on here and knock on Rugby, so please afford me that same luxury.
<

BTW - I am in the "Vast" as well, in that I prefer Rugby to (LOL what do you call it gridiron?) the NFL, but as a born and raised life long Bolts fan, I cant stand peeps knocking it. [/b]
well unfortunately there s this man keep sayin his sports are great and others are boring.he does even offend the soccer!the most popular game in the world.

yeah that aus v uruguay footage is gold one of the best so far. I would say it was proabbly the players first game and was getting to grips with the game. That drop goal is awesome seemed to be from a long way out as well.

hey i hav watched all the r05 video clips excpet the NZ vs wales one...does anybody where i can get that one.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 28 2005, 10:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 28 2005, 10:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 28 2005, 02:27 AM

Scoring one try with Oz on easy - in the dying seconds - was hilarious to watch. The player repeatedly running sideways in an incessant attempt to just waltz through the line continuosly....only somehow he always f***s it up!
...maybe it was his first time playing the game... [/b]
First game?

Yeah, you gotta give the guy benefit of the doubt for sure....my bad.

But you know what I mean - yeah? I don't think anyone I know, well....

What I'm saying is there are two types: gamers and people who play games.

Locksley's early games were much more structured and a lot of the play had a current of tactical thought running through it...in the vid I refer to, at one point, the Aussie first receiver runs almost from one touchline directly across the field to the other one.....hunting a gap I guess....and failing.

very funny though....and don't get me wrong.....In terms of all the videos (apart maybe for the Barbs v Pi game (despite the view)) it showed the most things I wanted to know and I found it really enjoyable.

Latest posts