• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone else getting bored by the Tri-Nations?

Tri-Nations Format

• Hell yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it's boring

• What's this Tri-Nations you're talking about

• Total voters
Prestwick said

''French Club rugby is where its at!''

100% correct.

Bayonne vs Stade Francais on Friday night was a better attraction than Australia vs New Zealand and not only because it was played in Spain. So fresh to see test players from so many different places playing at the highest level and not playing against the same players so frequently like what happens in Super 14 and Tri Nations rugby. The game had stars from France, Italy, Argentina, England, Fiji and elsewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nik @ Aug 24 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't find the tri-nations boring at all really. Its still very exciting. Most games have been tight for the most part, but they haven't been a spectacular as last year's tournament. Maybe its due to no free kicks (more penalties). It slows the game and makes it more forward oriented, the backs are made to look redundent. South Africa have seemed to adjusted and have got the right game plan. But the ABs and Aussies haven't.

It seemed more fair when free kicks were awarded instead of penalties because TV replays shows the referee don't always make the right decision, and because of that no teams should be gifted 3 points. Points should be earnt.[/b]
Don't completely agree. Forward play gives the game its rhythm, but it's more profitable to take the ball off them and stick it in the air for a chase.

Teams in possession are penalised at the breakdown, so the risk of getting tackled in midfield is unacceptable - instead they want to transfer the risk to the other team. Therefore: kick the risk to a receiver who will probably be tackled in to a penalty/free-kick. Not sure the 3 points is the main aim, so free-kicks don't convince me completely.

Anyway, cheap turnovers are snoresville - unless your team is winning.

McCaw, BOD, Brussouw are great. But their ball-ripping skills come at a price.

This is New Zealand television which insists on having three men crammed into a commentators booth groaning loudly and tching in disbelief every time the ABs get pinged for something or other :D

Could be worse. Next they'll commission the BBC to do the coverage for them and then it'll really go downhill.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is New Zealand television which insists on having three men crammed into a commentators booth groaning loudly and tching in disbelief every time the ABs get pinged for something or other :D[/b]

I thought they only had two in the box.

For the last test it was Mexted and Nisbett in the box, with Tony Johnson on the sideline. Either that, or TJ engaged Warp Factor 9 to get into the pitch for interviews. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could be worse. Next they'll commission the BBC to do the coverage for them and then it'll really go downhill.[/b]

OMG... not Brian Moore and Eddie Butler as commentators....Pleeeease!

It would be almost enough for me to defect to Wendyball!.... almost ;)

Thanks for moving the kicking thing,

And I quite enjoy Brian Moore. He's just not to be taken seriously when he's watching an England match. He's good to laugh at though.

Am I boried with the matches....no.

Am I bored with the format.... YES!

Its time Argentina were brought into this competititon.

Its time the SANZAR partners stopped making excuses for why it cant happen, and start finding ways to make it happen.

A four-way home/away series could be run over the same time frame as the existing format. They had a chance to do this right after the RWC 2007, when the Four Nations could have boasted that it was an even greater tournament, involving the worlds four highest ranked teams, ALL from the Southern Hemisphere, and that, IMO would have made it the best rugby International tournament in the world, bar none (including the 6N).

Instead, we have the SANZAR partners dragging their heels, looking for reasons not to include them.

IMO, is a disgrace!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Aug 12 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Aug 12 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YAY! 6 Nations banter! I've missed it so much. Far better than inter hemi-sphere bashing.

England: NANANANANANA, you and your big fock off leage and you're still not winning that much!

Wales: ORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGE Henson's rubbish, you're coach needs to shut up. SuperRob is TEH BomB and is like 7048347 times better than Lee Byrne.

Scotland: All your backs are cack! I don't care if they're good or not they're still rubbish. NANANANANA.

France: Onions!

Italy: Sergio Parisse is the only good things about you.

IRELAND IRELAND IRELAND!

Cough.

and back on topic, I like Gingergenius's suggestions. Basically, needs to be a better organised season and bring in the argies.[/b]

You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called Ah-thoor Keeng, you and all your silly English K-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-****its! [makes taunting gestures at them]
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! :%#%#: :%#%#: :%#%#: :rahh:
[/b][/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 24 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, guys, I don't know if you've all noticed but a big chunk of the French Top 14 season is played in the Summer. With modern pitch technology why are we playing in the winter?![/b]
As far as I can tell there's no great difference between British Summer and Winter, so it's academic really. It might be a good idea to play during the summer though, so that rugby would get some proper coverage free from the shadow of the football premiership.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Aug 25 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is New Zealand television which insists on having three men crammed into a commentators booth[/b]

I was referring to that ;) :D
[/b][/quote]

No no, I think you were referring to the BBC...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Macsen @ Aug 25 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 24 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, guys, I don't know if you've all noticed but a big chunk of the French Top 14 season is played in the Summer. With modern pitch technology why are we playing in the winter?![/b]
As far as I can tell there's no great difference between British Summer and Winter, so it's academic really. It might be a good idea to play during the summer though, so that rugby would get some proper coverage free from the shadow of the football premiership.
[/b][/quote]

We couldn't possibly have that now, can we? How will we be able to stand not sitting down shivering and freezing my ears otherwise?!

Seriously, two games in the relative warmth of Italy has changed my entire perspective of what time of the year Rugby should be played.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 26 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TRUE LEGND @ Aug 25 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is New Zealand television which insists on having three men crammed into a commentators booth[/b]

I was referring to that ;) :D
[/b][/quote]

No no, I think you were referring to the BBC...

[/b][/quote] Prestwick you made the comment, *which was wrong* & I cant remember mentioning anything about BBC :rolleyes: :rolleyes: unless you were mistaken for something else

Latest posts