• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Pumas should play the 6 Nations

Conrad on his high horse is he? Agreeing with Duck and the Hein on this.

At the end of the day, Argentina are going down the route of Italy in the 6 Nations. Italy have vastly improved over the last few years and will continue to develop, no longer are they a side that you guaranteed a win over. Argentina need to stick it out, currently they have lost quite a few top players and are in a re-building faze. Got to stick it out I am afraid.

BECAUSE they were producing the right players and had a very good growing generation of guys this whole time: Lo Cicero, Ghiraldini, Parisse, Castro, the Bergamascos, Canale, Masi, Zanni, even Luke McLean. That generation, while coached by Brunel, was a work in progress, and they consistently got better. They even played their first ever truly competitive game against the AB in 2009 when they should've been awarded a penalty try and should've finished the game losing 13-20, limiting NZ to only one try.

I'm not sure why they've degraded so morbidly as of mid-2013 til now progressively, but my point is: you need the players at the end of the day. That means you need to train the guys, have a large pool of dudes to pick from, the right coaches, infrastructure, know-how and expertise AND THEN practice that against top opposition to build strength through the years. But there was no guarantee during all those 2000's years that Italy would only go up up up. They were doing that, but only in the meantime.

Their pack is today too slow and obsolete, their scrum hasn't been nearly as dominant recently, they don't have particularly good young forwards in the making, their backline is brand new and needs time but there's no guarantee Tommaso Allan will be the 10 they need to animate that backline, they lack power in that backline for today's Rugby, they don't have a true solid ball-carrier, their kicking at goal still isn't really sorted, and overall they just seem an outdated side, too slow collectively on both attack but esp. defense, not enough girth...
They need to sort all this out, and they need the players to do that.

Conrad on his high horse is he? Agreeing with Duck and the Hein on this.

At the end of the day, Argentina are going down the route of Italy in the 6 Nations. Italy have vastly improved over the last few years and will continue to develop, no longer are they a side that you guaranteed a win over. Argentina need to stick it out, currently they have lost quite a few top players and are in a re-building faze. Got to stick it out I am afraid.

obviously you've settled for past clichés about Italy and merely watching their match in Cardiff last Feb. If you'd make that comment, you haven't been watching them from mid-2013 til now. NOBODY is afraid of Italy right now, and have NOT continued to develop.

Last edited:
BECAUSE they were producing the right players and had a very good growing generation of guys this whole time: Lo Cicero, Ghiraldini, Parisse, Castro, the Bergamascos, Canale, Masi, Zanni, even Luke McLean. That generation, while coached by Brunel, was a work in progress, and they consistently got better. They even played their first ever truly competitive game against the AB in 2009 when they should've been awarded a penalty try and should've finished the game losing 13-20, limiting NZ to only one try.

I'm not sure why they've degraded so morbidly as of mid-2013 til now progressively, but my point is: you need the players at the end of the day. That means you need to train the guys, have a large pool of dudes to pick from, the right coaches, infrastructure, know-how and expertise AND THEN practice that against top opposition to build strength through the years. But there was no guarantee during all those 2000's years that Italy would only go up up up. They were doing that, but only in the meantime.

Their pack is today too slow and obsolete, their scrum hasn't been nearly as dominant recently, they don't have particularly good young forwards in the making, their backline is brand new and needs time but there's no guarantee Tommaso Allan will be the 10 they need to animate that backline, they lack power in that backline for today's Rugby, they don't have a true solid ball-carrier, their kicking at goal still isn't really sorted, and overall they just seem an outdated side, too slow collectively on both attack but esp. defense, not enough girth...
They need to sort all this out, and they need the players to do that.

You are being to harsh. I look at where Italy was when they first started in the 6 Nations to where they are now. There is a huge improvement and under Brunel they will continue to develop. They have players, they need to improve options in the pack but their backline has a lot of plus points.

The 6 Nations is too big now and takes too many players away from their clubs for too long already...........let us kick out Scotland and Italy and make it a really strong 4 Nations!

i'm going to be very realistic, an inform scotland and a fully fit scotland could beat every six nations team, seems optimistic atm. but its true if our players are fully fit and are on form then they can beat every six nation side.

i'm going to be very realistic, an inform scotland and a fully fit scotland could beat every six nations team, seems optimistic atm. but its true if our players are fully fit and are on form then they can beat every six nation side.

even France ? I don't know about that...I reckon we're far too advanced collectively for Scotland. Scotland couldn't even beat England or South Africa this year, and you have a feeling they could beat France ? lol, wishful thinking...

even France ? I don't know about that...I reckon we're far too advanced collectively for Scotland. Scotland couldn't even beat England or South Africa this year, and you have a feeling they could beat France ? lol, wishful thinking...
we nearly beat you's this year, and they could if they were on form and fully fit but ok i'll change it. i'd reckon scotland could have a fighting chance off winning everygame in the six nations if they're on form and fully fit

we nearly beat you's this year, and they could if they were on form and fully fit but ok i'll change it. i'd reckon scotland could have a fighting chance off winning everygame in the six nations if they're on form and fully fit

hmmm....much better...

we nearly beat you's this year

P.S.: but you more than nearly lost though !

Latest posts