• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The (European) Rugby Championship

Nick Mallett makes his thoughts clear

"So let's get New Zealand over here, they're the best at running the ball. We're the best at tackling people who run the ball and turning them over.

"We've got a far better set-piece than them, we've got a better maul than them, we've got a better kicking game than them. It's a clash of two different styles of play."

Touching on New Zealand's decision to cancel their Test matches against South Africa and Australia, Mallett was clear that the All Blacks needed to show some character and honour their commitments to the competition.

"I really hope we have the Rugby Championship in South Africa starting on the 11th of September. We need to play New Zealand and Australia.

"I can't use the word on TV, but the All Blacks need to show the 'strength of personality' to come over here and play the 100th Test in South Africa. 'Cojones' – that's the word in Argentina!"
When I think of NZ Rugby of late the word precious comes to mind. All of their decisions seem one sided and any team likely to beat them is boring, provided they deign yo turn up that is.

Latest posts