• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Anyone had any thing similar?

you all bought the game

if EA are going to take any notice of fan backlash - you have to take them back for a refund - they wont listen to complaints without going the next level and returning the thing...if u aint returning it, they assume all is fine.

Case in point - EA Tiger Woods 2006 pal release

The pal release didnt let you go match play with seve ballisteros - it was greyed out......upon this discovery from public, tiger woods had unprecedented returns from customers, quoting the bug issue promting a re-call....as retailers were selling an inferior product....1 month later - new version bug free was released.

I head this news from the UK......went to pick up my copy in australia, printed off the news, and showed EB...they double check with HQ, and at that point in time HQ sent a memo saying DO NOT SELL TW2007, it is bugged.....so i didnt get the bugged one - but i waited a month delay till EA sent the new version.

The public has the loudest voice - if u dont walk you cant talk.

Its passed all the internal protocols...unless they see a massive hike in return rate for this game, they wont look at it again.

M$ xbox all had a common issue - M$ now has accepted this issue and extended the 3 year warranty.

I know its frustrating, but you wont get what you want if u keep on buying from them, a product that doesnt meet your standards

And we NOT are talking quality here - it is clear, there are bugs, with subs etc - take it back, state the issue

i know its far fetched.......but not if everyone does it....
the far fetched issue is getting the majority involved..

I can garauntee if Rugby 2008 sold 100,000 copies and 50,000 of them were returned citing bug issues....it would be recalled as Sony would not be putting up with stats like that - well they shouldnt.

If Madden came out bugged.......there would be a market movement on the stock exchange.

This is why we need competition - so we can opt for an alternative, and pave way for the bugged version to be flawless.

I didn't buy it this year, yay me. :)

Rugby 06 is just as good. :p [/b]

same with me.....i just hope, alot of people feel the same way, so it gets a real kick up the arse development wise.

you do realise you dont have to reboot the pc right?

alt+tab will get you out of it. or ctrl +****+escape will as well and you can end tast on it.

it hasnt crashed totally cause when it happened to me the flags were still moving. the game just didnt know what to do next. [/b]

Thanks Woosaah.Will try it when the game crashes again.Do you have any idea of where to register the game? I have got the PC version and would like to register it.Can't find a link on EAs' website. :bravo:

Gameplay wise, EA Rugby has gone backwards since '04. Graphics are improving, but theres no point when bugs/inaccuracies ruin the experience. They haven't even bothered fixing the create a player problem which needed a little bit of TLC. Not to mention you couldn't fix stats within a player if it were wrong, unlike '04.

I find an odd bug in 06, that happens at the scrums and mauls. The ball is put-in, hooked and there is a big shove from the other team, and they win against the head.

Then the ball stuck at the back of the scrum and the whistle blows after about 10 seconds because the ball hasn't been played by their scrum-half.

Then i get awarded a scrum, which is ace cos this always happens when i lose the ball.

With mauls it just stays there, ball won but no pick-up. Never happens with the top teams, but does happen to teams like Munster, even though they have a guy like Stringer at SH.

yeah I noticed that. I could never get my mauls to move either, which is annoying. I used to have problems with my PC version of 06, for examnple, the players were all gray, even though the ball, shadows, crowd and stadium were all detailed. And eventually in the World League the game would just shut itself down whenever I tried to go into the Backs recruitment screen.
So I sold the PC version to my Friend and bought the PS2 version. It sometimes freezes up which is annoying, but I think it's the PS2, because it's done it with other games. But gameplay wise I only ever had one problem: I was playing a 'European Cup' quarter final with the Newport Gwent Dragons against Bourgoin. I was cruising along easily enough 17 - 7 at half time. But only managed to get a Drop Goal at teh start of the 2nd half before Bourgoin started hitting back. They'd scored a try making ut 20-14 at 65 mins. I managed to get a turnover in my 22, passed it out to try and break through, and got the option to do a quick penalty after they tried to use hands in the ruck. Left it because I wanted to punt it into touch. But it randomly gave a penalty to Bourgoin, which they kicked over making it 20-17. I thought 'Right wierd...ah well it's be alright only 10 mins to go'. Then it happened again! They punted it into touch, and ended up scoring the winning try with the last play.
Wierd as hell...

I was playing Wales with the All Blacks and tackled Gavin Henson with Leon MacDonald. I was waiting for the ruck to form when Henson jumped straight up on to his feet and sprinted down field for a 60m try. I was gutted as I thought the ref was gonna call him back but the whistle was never blown. I felt ripped off even though its only happened to me once so far but I'm hoping it's not gonna be a regular thing.

The stupid advantage ****** me off too, I've scored countless trys just to be called back because the oppositions commited a head high. Even though I'm over the line and already scored the try legally I still have to take my stupid penalty I think EA should have left it how it was.

I also had it. At the kick off Super 14 Pedrie Wannenburg made a tackle but then the ref gave a red card to JP Nel and he didn't even touch a player. Anyway I play and du Preez passes to JP Nel who is now invincible and nobody can tackle him.

Sometimes I lost all action buttons and my team and opposition only runs around the field. The only way to continue is to run out of the field ... sucks! I've also needed to kill the app a few times because of the try/injured issue.

The so called "glitch" that occurs when a player's stamina drops to 8 or 9 is deliberate. It happens when a player gets injured but does not have to be replaced. The injury cutscene will play but instead of being taken off the field, the player just gets his stamina greatly reduced.

Latest posts