• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ANZC Round 11 - Who's going to drop out of the race

J

Jethro

Hawke's Bay 54 - 8 Counties

The Bay lead 13 - 8 at the break and looked fair from convincing against a determined Steelers outfit. However in the second half they reverted to forward play, Waldrom scoring a brace to put the game out of Counties reach before the final thirty minutes became the Guildford show as the winger added a triple to his 2009 tally. Counties strong man Simon Lemalu provided the highlight of the first half with a try that forwards should not be allowed to score, wonder if Henry bothered to watch this game?

Canterbury 50 - 26 Manawatu

Canterbury managed a boat load of tries, retained the shield, and signed on the dotted line for the semi finals, while Manawatu were competitive in the first few minutes and surprisingly took the lead with an early try. The Evil Empire was pretty dominate in this game, when you have McCaw and Dan "the Man" Carter coming off the bench that's a given, but Manawatu at least grabbed a bonus point (four tries) and showed the Cantab defensive line can be breached. Whether anyone is good enough to do that and defend their own line is the question. Proving NZ is producing a wealth of wingers at the moment Tu Umaga-Marshall had another blinder.

Starting to think we should throw together a divisional 15 to take on the Pac Islanders in Auckland to raise funds for Samoa. Simply drooling at the prospect of Guildford on one wing and Umaga-Marshall on the other. Will get back with a selection sans AB players. Actually get the Aussies and Argies involved there and we might be able to fund some major reconstruction work. Anywise back to the meat and three veg.

Taranaki 0 - 10 Auckland

The game was pretty well over as a spectator sport, except for those of us who love the wet weather in the trenches stuff, due to some pretty heavy weather and the Naki deciding to have a 'mare. One of the highlights was an up and under clearing kick by the Naki, what the hell were they thinking given the heavy wind blowing at Yarrow. Taranaki lost this one in the first half with the wind behind them as their backline didn't show up and some tactical blunders handed Auckland a 7-0 half time lead.

Canterbury into the finals, Auckland still in the race, Taranaki drop out.

Good posts Jethro. It sucks to not be able to watch these games, as I love your style, and I've always rooted for The Evil Empire. :lol:

Originally posted by Jethro
Starting to think we should throw together a divisional 15 to take on the Pac Islanders in Auckland to raise funds for Samoa. Simply drooling at the prospect of Guildford on one wing and Umaga-Marshall on the other. Will get back with a selection sans AB players. Actually get the Aussies and Argies involved there and we might be able to fund some major reconstruction work. Anywise back to the meat and three veg.

This is a great idea. I'd be chuffed to bits if it came true, for it would provide a terrific tests for the Argentine players, and it would help our brothers in Samoa simultaneously. How would you make the selections? Perhaps by picking amateur players based on the URBA and the rest of the regional Unions in Argentina (the ones that are not in the PlaDAR)? It would really help to have some sort of connection with ANZC teams, to get ourselves out of the dire state of isolation we've been dragged into.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good posts Jethro. It sucks to not be able to watch these games, as I love your style, and I've always rooted for The Evil Empire. :lol:

Originally posted by Jethro

This is a great idea. I'd be chuffed to bits if it came true, for it would provide a terrific tests for the Argentine players, and it would help our brothers in Samoa simultaneously. How would you make the selections? Perhaps by picking amateur players based on the URBA and the rest of the regional Unions in Argentina (the ones that are not in the PlaDAR)? It would really help to have some sort of connection with ANZC teams, to get ourselves out of the dire state of isolation we've been dragged into.
[/b]

Just mooting the idea. Starting to think the Maori would be a good idea from NZ and then maybe a divisional team. Jaguars from Argentina? Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, a regional Oz selection. Get the IRB to pay for it with all proceeds going to Samoan recovery efforts. Marketed as the future of TriNations and Super Rugby ;)

Otago 29 - 35 Waikato

Bonus point win to Mooloo in a match where the lead changed through out and perhaps provided the most entertaining of the round. Waikato had 70% of the game but Otago were pretty efficient when it came to taking thier opportunities. On the bright side for the locals, pretty good crowd in.

North Harbour 28 - 7 Bay of Plenty

Lucky Luke proved pretty good value for Harbour as they pulled off the upset of the round and put a serious dent on BOP's finals hopes. The game was over 25-0 at half time and one wonders exactly what's happened to the other Bay and how come Harbour are starting to put some wins together. Really has been a seriously demented year in the ANZC.

Southland 41 - 0 Tasman

It was tight at the break, 7-0, but in the second half the Stags ran rampant as an increasingly desparate Makos outfit simply failed to play a coherent brand of rugby. Not sure what went wrong for Tasman on the night, but they couldn't seem to get their match play.

In the wash up still eight teams in the running for the finals, Wellington have yet to notch a regulatory win over the Taniwha in the round.

That Waikato vs Otago was the game of the round for me it was close right til the dieing minutes. Awesome game to watch Adam Thompson's a beast and if he doesn't go over on the end of year tour than the 3 wisemen are stoned c***s.

I was cheering for B.O.P against Harbour but Harbour were just too much for them and throughout the game B.O.P didn't really look to threaten. That lock for Harbour I think James King was mean and he has a bit of pace too and my player of the game was their little halfback Tuigamala dude was carving up and is a massive replacement for the late change of Chris Smylie.

I watched highlights of this game just seemed Tasman were never in it and Southland gave them a good spanking.

Wellington vs Northland I think most people knew what the result was gonna be to be honest but the Taniwha didn't just come out to die they came and played a hard game. Jared Payne summed it up afterwards thou saying they haven't played a game this fast yet.

What about Hosea Gear he must be 2nd top try scorer so far just under Zac Guilford but Hosea's only played 7 games so thats pretty mean. Tarms looked good again darting in and out of the defense same with Conrad he's just class and his tackling is awesome.

GO THE LIONS!!!!

I love this comp and i think the people of NZ do because its provincial and none of this super 14 nickname bullshit, people are attached to their team and its shown by tv ratings and crowd numbers. Has this years ANZC been played with half arm ELV sanctions (the one used this years super 14)

Latest posts