• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Are Saracens going to be doomed?

No idea. I would have thought people would be popping champagne corks at the idea of moving away from Watford.

*confused.com*

I'm thinking they're moving elsewhere in North London and to a newer stadium....I hope anyway.

*goes away to a quiet corner and PRAYS its not Loftus Road...*

Well at least there's something special happening.

whats wrong with loftus road? i live near it, it would be great! plus there's an untapped market in white city, shepherd's bush, notting hill and acton - a lot of people about and just one football team for them all. and twyford high school has big links with wasps so we could get in there and **** the waspies off and nick their youngsters.

otherwise - olympic stadium needs a use and i'd hate it to go to pantomimeball.

whats wrong with loftus road?

The Local pubs
The grot
The stewards
The atmosphere
The beer
Poor facilities
Medieval architecture
Wasps lived there
Nobody likes the place
The South Africa Road stand.... Ah...

Loftus Road is awful, its as if Ryanair were the design consultants for the stadium. Minimum legroom allotted for the seats and its in an even worse state than Vicarage Road.

At least if we moved to Brentwood they have a brand spanking new stadium.

Saracenangel..yes you are dommed...having lost the first game of the season it definately means you cannot win it this year ...its pretty simple logic really..

I wouldn't panic, if we are then god knows what Tiger fans are thinking after being mullered comprehensively.
I was on the forums earlier, (dear god I need to stop doing that) and some are calling for Cockerill's head.

Wherever the howling was loudest. Maybe the two forums combine, like dwarf stars, to create a supernova of epic whingery and whining...

It's not because a team loses their first game they automatically will have a bad season.

maybe i've got nostalgia for the place since as i grew up around there. but i used to watch wasps there quite a bit when i was younger and i don't remember it being bad - just that wasps lost 1000s of balls by kicking them over the stands.

Could be worse, could have a guy on your forum who endlessly talks about how Saracens should be playing at Stratford (i.e. near where he lives) and how he'd rather spend his time playing squash at the Woodford David Lloyd Gym than watch Saracens.

Every topic on that forum always goes off topic by this guy and it drives everyone else nuts.

All the Sport Network sites make me laugh: 90% of the regular active membership are either fuckwit wind-up merchants and hollier-then-though know-[strike]nothings[/strike]alls who engage in in-jokes and behave in a thoroughly unpleasant manor towards new membership or those who don't toe the line with the opinions of the "established elite", while the remaining 10% post once in a blue moon because they can't be bothered. Then they all congratulate themselves on how wonderful the "community" is.

Good for them (and all that).

Sarries one is alright its just one guy who ALWAYS starts huge arguments and has a similar level of tact as Los Lover did in ye olde TRF days of yore which means he ends up offending everyone and starting more arguments.

When he goes on holiday everyone gets on really well :)

When he's not in the bin or they're required to be any good in the set piece at least.

Its only one game. Besides London Irish were the better team. Need to improve for next week

Indeed, Sarries had too many handling errors and didn't use the gabs to score.

I think they'll be destined to struggle while this whole "Alex Goode is a flay-half" clap-trap continues. From what I've seen (including the Churchill Cup and the mauling at Twickenham last week), for a player "who's played in that position all his life" he's really not very good at it. I'd suggest he's a full back of Nick Abendanons calibre; Absoluteness outstanding in running attack but shakey-to-shite in defence. Certainly not tricky enough to be a maverick 10 or alert enough to be a percentage player, I doubt if he's got it in him to control a match.

Bets in now that Saracens make a move for Myler, Geraghty or Hodgson by the end of the season.

Latest posts