• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina invited to the 3 nations

As long as there is summer and winter, there won't be an international calender IMO. [/b]

Well, it seems to have mostly dissapeared from Wales! Didn't have any snow last year (hoping we have some this year) and we didn't have any summer.

Could this be the first positive outcome of global warming! (joke, just incase someone didn't realise.)

Also, its been agreed that Argentina will not play after the Six Nations in the recent iRB loya jurga on the international season...

<div class='quotemain'>
but we wont play in Argentina
[/b]
That would be a temporary thing I would imagine, once Argentina realise the money making potential it is concievable that they would play thier home games in Argentina...although South Africa is a fairly nice place anyway, mad about thier rugby there so would be a cash cow for your Argentinian Rugby Union.
[/b][/quote]

Answer to the second or third post:

http://www.irb.com/newsmedia/mediazone/pre...ontinued+growth

And also, I agree with whom I am responding: that will be temporary. Arg in 3N (4N) requires a huge change in structure and organization. OF COURSE it will not happen in 1 year. In the long term, professional rugby in Arg will born and grow, stadiums will be build, and a regular calendar will be established.
I am so so so happy that Arg will be part of the southern hemisphere tournament, even when the real thing will occur in 3 or 4 years to now.

GO PUMAS!!!

defintely doesn't seem like this will happen anytime soon.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1480756
Argentina set to remain isolated
Dec 3, 2007

There's no guarantee Argentina will be part of the Tri Nations, even five years down the track.

New Zealand Rugby Union Deputy CEO Steve Tew is back in the country and reflecting on last week's all-encompassing meeting of rugby's stakeholders in the UK.

"Having Argentina join the SANZAR showpiece is certainly an option, but it might not be the final result," Tew said

Tew admitted that the IRB is taking a long-term view to developing Argentinean rugby.

Why can't they just play an Argentinian based Pumas teams on the Tri-Nations bye weekends? They can play against second string sides of the SANZAR team until 2010, when the contract is renewed.

These would be one off tests and would carry no competition points. The SANZAR teams reserves get a run and Argentinean rugby continues to remain in the headlines.

Over this same 3 year period the 16 team "Club de National" club comp can move towards professionalism. By 2010 these sides will include a reasonable proportion of the top Argentinian players and a true 4 Nations comp can begin.

On a side note, despite the history and success of amateur rugby in Argentina, it will be very cool to have some kind of pro club repesentation from a new part of the world.

I have to say the Cardenales club shirt is one of the nicest I've seen:

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/departments-...ome-jersey.html

While the Argentinean Rugby revolution we all are hungry for may take some time, it's very refreshing to see the IRB and the Tier 1 nation actually putting some effort.

I agree with what Martin Johnson said as well; would be good to see at least Argentinian team in the Super 14

<div class='quotemain'>
Asado, this means therefore that you will have to copy and translate in English because of course Anglo Saxons only trust what is printed in English. ;)
[/b]

And never the tripe printed in the neo-napoleonic jacobin toilet paper that is the revolutionary french press! Down with Boney! Up with King George! :%#%#:

And when I said "Anglo-Saxon", I did mean all of our colonial..*ahem* brothers too ;)
[/b][/quote]

Pommy *******. :D

I heard that there is going to be a 10 nation world series rugby tourney a la tri-nations and 6 nations each year and Argentina will be involved.

But i think Argies in the tri-nations will be the best solution.

We deserve that... Go pumas! La verdad ke no los merecemos... Y para mas tambien che... Saludos... From Argentine!... Bye

argentina deserves it. There is a great rugby culture here in argentina. And the performance in the world cup 07 shows it

Im so glad the Pumas finally get a chance at a international competition other than the WC
Even if they dont win it, they get the experience

I would have loved the 6N but then again we are not Northern Hemisphere or Europeans

Reason I wouldnt mind the 6N is because I know we can beat all the teams if we play good
the Tri we can Beat them playin our asses off and not making mistakes like we did against south Africa this past WC...
still happy though haha

If all best Pumas play in Europe,logical is that they play the 6N.

Also think that Pumas on 3N are not team for to opposite NZ,SA or Australia.

In spain, sports newspapers say that they will play in Valencia,(a city from spain).

In spain, sports newspapers say that they will play in Valencia,(a city from spain).
[/b]
argentina can't stay alone, it 's a great team, the tri nations must open their tournement

Sorry, I think it was a bad Idea for the IRB to allow this. The competition between the Americas and Canada could have become a great venue for developing the region with more RUGBY!!

Is that not the goal to grow the sport anound the world.

Guys we know this is a great game, because it puts the winning of the game on every player on the field. You might have one or even two superstars they are no match for all fifteen pistons driving the engine of a well oiled rugby machine.

Anyway my 2 cents.

King

PS Could the USA Eagles matched the Pumas I feel they could if they matched each year in developing a new Americas Cup of Rugby. Yeah I know we lost the Grand Daddy of trophies but what a North American Tri-Nations Event(I would spend money to see an international game here in the states).

do they really have that many players available (with the skill), that they can make 2-3 super 14 sides.

i know sa barely have the players to compete with 5 teams...

how strong will they be if 5 of the current lineup retire? contipomi, pichot and a couple of forwards?

Sorry, I think it was a bad Idea for the IRB to allow this. The competition between the Americas and Canada could have become a great venue for developing the region with more RUGBY!!

Is that not the goal to grow the sport anound the world.

Guys we know this is a great game, because it puts the winning of the game on every player on the field. You might have one or even two superstars they are no match for all fifteen pistons driving the engine of a well oiled rugby machine.

Anyway my 2 cents.

King

PS Could the USA Eagles matched the Pumas I feel they could if they matched each year in developing a new Americas Cup of Rugby. Yeah I know we lost the Grand Daddy of trophies but what a North American Tri-Nations Event(I would spend money to see an international game here in the states).
[/b]

yeah
NO

no offense
but USA is not or never will be on the rugby level Argentina is
Canada? the same
Uruguay? the same
those are the 3 "best" teams after the Pumas in the Americas
they should just let the sport "grow"
while the pumas grow with the rest

Latest posts