• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina must join Tri Nations

how long is a flight from argentina to southafrica?

this might make for some crazy long flights!
i dont think it would happen [/b]
I'm not sure, but if it is heaps long I think they may make a base camp in Australia seeing as though its central to both SA and NZ.

Get the Pumas in the tri nations now IRB and have the same format as six nations. It so makes sense

i dont think it would happen
[/b]
I think it's around the same from South Africa to Australia and New Zealand, except flying the opposite direction...

Definitely Argentina should join the Tri-Nations. Saying the flight schedule would be too harsh is a cop-out. These guys get paid more than enough to afford some jetlag pills.

its crazy that Argentina is four in the IRB without playing in an oficial tournament!!

PD: :eek: All Black will come to argentina :D xd

well when world cup ranking points are doubled as opposed to ordinary games then it's easy enough to see why.

well when world cup ranking points are doubled as opposed to ordinary games then it's easy enough to see why.
[/b]

Well that's only partially true because when the RWC started we were already at sixth position (the previous week we were at fifth ...) and we have beaten Ireland (fifth at RWC beginning) and France (third at RWC beginning).

IRB World Rankings - 03 September 2007Position (last week) Member Union Rating Point
1(1) NEW ZEALAND 93.38
2(2) AUSTRALIA 87.03
3(3) FRANCE 86.90
4(4) SOUTH AFRICA 85.40
5(5) IRELAND 81.12
6(6) ARGENTINA 81.05

Ranking Updated 8 of October
1(1) NEW ZEALAND 89.63
2(5) FRANCE 88.38
3(3) SOUTH AFRICA 86.44
4(4) ARGENTINA 86.04
5(2) AUSTRALIA 84.21

i dont think it would happen[/b]
BA - Jo'burg -- 8106 km
BA - Auckland -- 10356 km
BA - Sydney -- 11806 km
Jo'burg - Sydney -- 11048 km
Jo'burg - Auckland -- 12195 km
Sydney - Auckland -- 2157 km

They can keep the tri nations... and create a SH 6 Nations... but thats just an ideia

Who do you have in mind for the other 2 then? The islanders (Samoa/Tonga)?

That wouldn't go down well, surely?

When the argentinas beat the Australians, Springboks, And the allblacks THEN they have the respect of joining the tri nations. otherwise its just a waste of time.

Blacks, Australia?
*checks the Semis...*
Where are they?

Sarcasm aside...
If Argentina is not admitted into the Tri-Nations... f***`em.
Let`s make a SH Six Nations with the rest of the SH, refuse any test matches with the Tri countries, forcing them to pick between playing among themselves and/or endure the real jetlag, and go to Europe for their matches!

Argentina, Samoa, Fiji, Japan, Tonga, and we invite one NH country (anyone not in the 6N).
We can play it every 2 years (non-WC years)

I assure you, it could turn out to be quite a fun tourney!
And it will help the sport much more than the actual Tri-Nations!

BTW, YKNGR, by the same logic, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa should be banned from playing football against respectable european or american teams: After all, they`ll obviously lose. And they only have one team, they cannot field backup teams like most teams can... Of course, you`ll never actually see FIFA play like the IRB, but it would be fun to see! :toss:

Blacks, Australia?
*checks the Semis...*
Where are they?

Sarcasm aside...
Let`s make a SH Six Nations with the rest of the SH, refuse any test matches with the Tri countries, forcing them to pick between playing among themselves and/or endure the real jetlag, and go to Europe for their matches!

Argentina, Samoa, Fiji, Japan, Tonga, and we invite one NH country (anyone not in the 6N).

And it will help the sport much more than the actual Tri-Nations!
[/b]

Nah man, Argentina fully deserve to be in the tri nations. Too much arrogance on this board, every country has a right to play, so who the f*** are we (NZ) to say they don't deserve to play?
I hope a 6 nations forms with NZ, AUS, SA, ARG, SAM and TGA. Fiji will miss out, and we could have a relegation method. The Pacific nations cup could have Canada, Japan, Fiji and another team (USA?), and each year the top team from the Pacific cup is promoted to the 6 nations at the expense of the bottom placed team in the 6 nations.

This would be a brilliant scheme if put into place, if it doesn't happen at least accept The Pumas into our tri nations. We must.

this could work cut the matches back to 2 games against each county and then use what was the bye week for the argentina games. the really big problems with the flights looks like argentina to auckland or sydney and then flying on to SA which I don't see happening. teams would play argentina and south africa back to back away and then come back home.

Blacks, Australia?
*checks the Semis...*
Where are they?

Sarcasm aside...

And it will help the sport much more than the actual Tri-Nations! [/b]

Yeah, that'll teach us - because nothing screams "money spinner" than turning down home tests against the All Blacks in favour of Japan... and now your FORCING us to go Europe to play tests, say, in November each year? dang, however will we cope.

BTW, YKNGR, by the same logic, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa should be banned from playing football against respectable european or american teams: After all, they`ll obviously lose. And they only have one team, they cannot field backup teams like most teams can... Of course, you`ll never actually see FIFA play like the IRB, but it would be fun to see! :toss: [/b]

i never said argentinas should be banned from playing rugby with us, what i meant was that they dont deserve to be in the TRI nations. here are my reasons.

1. Its called a tri nation for a reason. You cant have 4 teams. If Argentina can manage to beat one team by 50-0 and kick them out of the trinations, then its a different story.

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.

3. Noone cares about soccer here, its jsut a sport we play in physical education class to waste some time. So why would we even bother making many teams?..

4. I never found it "fun" to watch a game where one team absolutely demolishes the other team. I didnt even bother to watch the pool rounds of NZ's matches. Never would be interesting when you'll know which team would win now is there? its like watching the finals match for the first time after being told the scoreboard in the end.

and dont get me wrong, I do respect the Argentina team. I actually want them in the finals, what I'm saying here is that just because they went into the semi finals they dont deserve to play in the TRI nations. But I think to make rugby more popular in argentina, they should at least put them in the 10? nations? or whatever the tournament in europe is called. They fully deserve it.

1. Its called a tri nation for a reason. You cant have 4 teams. If Argentina can manage to beat one team by 50-0 and kick them out of the trinations, then its a different story.[/b]

Very smart point ... I guess today SA isn't going to beat los Pumas 50-0 ... I guess Italy had to do the same to join the V nations ...

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.[/b]

That's only in the RWC. Los Pumas have beaten FOUR times Australia (and we managed a draw too), South American Jaguars (15 Pumas using a different name to avoid problems with apartheid - indeed the emblem in los Pumas shirt is an argentinean Jaguar rather than a Puma) have beaten SA once (21-12 all points by Hugo Porta - and some people thinks that this is the first time that we have a competitive team ... -) and finally we haven't beaten the All Blacks yet (but we managed a 21 draw, all points by Hugo Porta again).

4. I never found it "fun" to watch a game where one team absolutely demolishes the other team. I didnt even bother to watch the pool rounds of NZ's matches. Never would be interesting when you'll know which team would win now is there? its like watching the finals match for the first time after being told the scoreboard in the end.[/b]

I've bolded from the last three matches played against TRI nations teams the ones that I think were not demolitions at all:
24 Jun 2006 Argentina 19 - 25 New Zealand
26 Jun 2004 New Zealand 41 - 7 Argentina
01 Dec 2001 Argentina 20 - 24 New Zealand

2 out of three and actually we could have won the ones bolded.

05 Nov 2005 Argentina 23 - 34 South Africa
04 Dec 2004 Argentina 7 - 39 South Africa
28 Jun 2003 South Africa 26 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three, the one that we lost by one point after a debatable disallowed try and several minutes of additional time ..

10 Oct 2003 Australia 24 - 8 Argentina
02 Nov 2002 Argentina 6 - 17 Australia
24 Jun 2000 Australia 32 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three again.

<div class='quotemain'>1. Its called a tri nation for a reason. You cant have 4 teams. If Argentina can manage to beat one team by 50-0 and kick them out of the trinations, then its a different story.[/b]

Very smart point ... I guess today SA isn't going to beat los Pumas 50-0 ... I guess Italy had to do the same to join the V nations ...

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.[/b]

That's only in the RWC. Los Pumas have beaten FOUR times Australia (and we managed a draw too), South American Jaguars (15 Pumas using a different name to avoid problems with apartheid - indeed the emblem in los Pumas shirt is an argentinean Jaguar rather than a Puma) have beaten SA once (21-12 all points by Hugo Porta - and some people thinks that this is the first time that we have a competitive team ... -) and finally we haven't beaten the All Blacks yet (but we managed a 21 draw, all points by Hugo Porta again).

4. I never found it "fun" to watch a game where one team absolutely demolishes the other team. I didnt even bother to watch the pool rounds of NZ's matches. Never would be interesting when you'll know which team would win now is there? its like watching the finals match for the first time after being told the scoreboard in the end.[/b]

I've bolded from the last three matches played against TRI nations teams the ones that I think were not demolitions at all:
24 Jun 2006 Argentina 19 - 25 New Zealand
26 Jun 2004 New Zealand 41 - 7 Argentina
01 Dec 2001 Argentina 20 - 24 New Zealand

2 out of three and actually we could have won the ones bolded.

05 Nov 2005 Argentina 23 - 34 South Africa
04 Dec 2004 Argentina 7 - 39 South Africa
28 Jun 2003 South Africa 26 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three, the one that we lost by one point after a debatable disallowed try and several minutes of additional time ..

10 Oct 2003 Australia 24 - 8 Argentina
02 Nov 2002 Argentina 6 - 17 Australia
24 Jun 2000 Australia 32 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three again.
[/b][/quote]

Point made. YKNGR you must be the only one here who thinks otherwise. Los Pumas have proved over the past 5 years consistently that they can compete, and after this RWC they will only be tougher especially in their home games in Buenos Aires.

No one can be so arrogant as to deny a brilliant team like Argentina to join the tri nations. I'll be a bitter man if we keep ignoring them.

this could work cut the matches back to 2 games against each county and then use what was the bye week for the argentina games. the really big problems with the flights looks like argentina to auckland or sydney and then flying on to SA which I don't see happening. teams would play argentina and south africa back to back away and then come back home.
[/b]

It can't be too hard to figure out, we'd need a couple of weeks off if it's going to be 2 tests against each nation. Should be 1 match versus each nation I reckon, and Argentina would only need to travel to either NZ/AUS (not too bad) or SA each year and have the rest of their games at home. For example, play NZ, AUS on the road one year and the other games can be played at home.

But really, I don't think flights can act as a barrier to such an important decision as to whether they will be accepted or not. Either way it's gotta be tri nats or 6 nats, and the tri nats is easier on the travel so theres no real argument there.