• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina must join Tri Nations

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>1. Its called a tri nation for a reason. You cant have 4 teams. If Argentina can manage to beat one team by 50-0 and kick them out of the trinations, then its a different story.[/b]

Very smart point ... I guess today SA isn't going to beat los Pumas 50-0 ... I guess Italy had to do the same to join the V nations ...

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.[/b]

That's only in the RWC. Los Pumas have beaten FOUR times Australia (and we managed a draw too), South American Jaguars (15 Pumas using a different name to avoid problems with apartheid - indeed the emblem in los Pumas shirt is an argentinean Jaguar rather than a Puma) have beaten SA once (21-12 all points by Hugo Porta - and some people thinks that this is the first time that we have a competitive team ... -) and finally we haven't beaten the All Blacks yet (but we managed a 21 draw, all points by Hugo Porta again).

4. I never found it "fun" to watch a game where one team absolutely demolishes the other team. I didnt even bother to watch the pool rounds of NZ's matches. Never would be interesting when you'll know which team would win now is there? its like watching the finals match for the first time after being told the scoreboard in the end.[/b]

I've bolded from the last three matches played against TRI nations teams the ones that I think were not demolitions at all:
24 Jun 2006 Argentina 19 - 25 New Zealand
26 Jun 2004 New Zealand 41 - 7 Argentina
01 Dec 2001 Argentina 20 - 24 New Zealand

2 out of three and actually we could have won the ones bolded.

05 Nov 2005 Argentina 23 - 34 South Africa
04 Dec 2004 Argentina 7 - 39 South Africa
28 Jun 2003 South Africa 26 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three, the one that we lost by one point after a debatable disallowed try and several minutes of additional time ..

10 Oct 2003 Australia 24 - 8 Argentina
02 Nov 2002 Argentina 6 - 17 Australia
24 Jun 2000 Australia 32 - 25 Argentina

2 out of three again.
[/b][/quote]

Point made. YKNGR you must be the only one here who thinks otherwise. Los Pumas have proved over the past 5 years consistently that they can compete, and after this RWC they will only be tougher especially in their home games in Buenos Aires.

No one can be so arrogant as to deny a brilliant team like Argentina to join the tri nations. I'll be a bitter man if we keep ignoring them. [/b][/quote]

yeah, those were some really lame comments and comebacks YKNGR. especially the "they can't join because it's the TRI nations, you can't have 4 teams!".. what da? were u serious? argentina do deserve to be in a tournament, maybe they won't win the whole thing first time round but they'd definately grow as a team and eventually in the near future win it!

but i guess they can't join our TRI nations or the 6 Nations or the Pacific Cup because 4 doesn't go in 3, nor does 7 in 6 and their not from the pacific so that counts that tournament out too.. what on earth are they to do? just wait till the RWC every 4 years i guess eh..

This decision shouldn't be based on whether 4 can go into 3, or 7 into 6, or even on whether Argentina is playing well in the world cup this year. It should be based on merit, and in my mind (like I said before), if Argentina can show solid performance against all 3 members of the Tri-Nations, then they deserve to be included.

Otherwise, no.

<div class='quotemain'> Blacks, Australia?
*checks the Semis...*
Where are they?

Sarcasm aside...
If Argentina is not admitted into the Tri-Nations... f***`em.
Let`s make a SH Six Nations with the rest of the SH, refuse any test matches with the Tri countries, forcing them to pick between playing among themselves and/or endure the real jetlag, and go to Europe for their matches!

Argentina, Samoa, Fiji, Japan, Tonga, and we invite one NH country (anyone not in the 6N).
We can play it every 2 years (non-WC years)

I assure you, it could turn out to be quite a fun tourney!
And it will help the sport much more than the actual Tri-Nations! [/b]

Yeah, that'll teach us - because nothing screams "money spinner" than turning down home tests against the All Blacks in favour of Japan... and now your FORCING us to go Europe to play tests, say, in November each year? dang, however will we cope.
[/b][/quote]

Believe it or not, we don`t need the All-Blacks to sell out. And when we play against Tri-Nations teams, it`s not exactly we who start the talks for a game (and when we do, it`s not actually like the Tri`s are doing us a favour or something, they need the practice outside the Tri-Nations, you know?) ... As for the Europe thing... I merely pointed the fact to who was complaning about jetlag on the Argentinian case... when the distance from Australia to Argentina is not that bad (as someone else already shown) compared to SA and, lol, Europe.

Besides, such a SH 6N would really work out... Sure, it would prevent the Tri teams to have some serious tests matches on this hemisphere, but that`s not really a concern for you guys, right? It would need work, but I can`t see how the Pacific teams would not grow with the Pumas presence... and the Pumas would found better teams than the ones we actually face on America.

<div class='quotemain'> BTW, YKNGR, by the same logic, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa should be banned from playing football against respectable european or american teams: After all, they`ll obviously lose. And they only have one team, they cannot field backup teams like most teams can... Of course, you`ll never actually see FIFA play like the IRB, but it would be fun to see! :toss: [/b]

i never said argentinas should be banned from playing rugby with us, what i meant was that they dont deserve to be in the TRI nations. here are my reasons.

1. Its called a tri nation for a reason. You cant have 4 teams. If Argentina can manage to beat one team by 50-0 and kick them out of the trinations, then its a different story.

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.

3. Noone cares about soccer here, its jsut a sport we play in physical education class to waste some time. So why would we even bother making many teams?..

4. I never found it "fun" to watch a game where one team absolutely demolishes the other team. I didnt even bother to watch the pool rounds of NZ's matches. Never would be interesting when you'll know which team would win now is there? its like watching the finals match for the first time after being told the scoreboard in the end.

and dont get me wrong, I do respect the Argentina team. I actually want them in the finals, what I'm saying here is that just because they went into the semi finals they dont deserve to play in the TRI nations. But I think to make rugby more popular in argentina, they should at least put them in the 10? nations? or whatever the tournament in europe is called. They fully deserve it.
[/b][/quote]

"Soccer"? What`s that? :wah:
As for the "fun" factor... I heard the Tri`s are not as entertaining as before... Ever wondered why?

And I never ment you were saying Argentina should be banned, mind you. I merely stated that Australia/NZ and South Africa should be banned of the World Cup Qualifiers and the Cup, because, by your same logic, they suck, and will never ever accomplish something there. So why waste time on teams of that continent?

See my point? You think the FIFA sponsors care about those teams? If it were for them, they woull replace them with some other euro/american team who did not qualify, and that`s it. Question is that FIFA is who makes the call... FIFA is not the IRB, which, with every passing year, seems more powerless than the year before... My rant is more an actual critic to the IRB which, probably, no longer is the ultimate authority of the sport: The sponsors are. Let`s face it, the IRB sucks big time.

I had to vent that, sorry...

As for the 6N, as "Six Nations" and not "Ten Nations as you call it (I know it was sarcasm), dunno. I personally don`t like it. I prefer my idea of the "SH 6N w/o the Tri`s". I even prefer the Tri`s, I think.

2. Argentinas hasnt beat, nor played these 3 teams. Therefore we dont know how strong they are against the tops of the world. Therefore, untill we see them play, we cant allow it.[/b]

[sarcasm]Hmm... I think you got me wrong. I`m talking about the Tri`s, not England of France, which are the in the "Top of the World". And we beaten them quite some times already¨[/sarcasm] :p :toss: :p

Argentina were awful against the Boks. The only way they can improve would be to be in the Tri Nations. But they would be bottom.

Argentina were awful against the Boks. The only way they can improve would be to be in the Tri Nations. But they would be bottom.
[/b]

I don't think so, we had several mistakes that were punished by a very powerfull team. I don't think that the final score makes justice to both displays. We were very good at scrums, dominating them from the beginning to the end. Poor at line-out but that's usual indeed.

We could be bottom at the tri-nations that's true but we would be competing against the BEST of the BEST.

At the end of the day, will the Pumas entrance to the Tri (Quad) affect negativily the other three teams? Of course not. Not even financially (though you guys would first have to get a new contract, as then, yeah, the Tri would lose monye in the actual contract)

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I don't think so, we had several mistakes that were punished by a very powerfull team. I don't think that the final score makes justice to both displays. We were very good at scrums, dominating them from the beginning to the end. Poor at line-out but that's usual indeed.

We could be bottom at the tri-nations that's true but we would be competing against the BEST of the BEST.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly. Argentina had a shocker today and lost 37-13. If England, France etc played as bad as Argentina they would get beaten by more against SA. Argentina will struggle at first, but will come on leaps and bounds and would consistently be a major threat to anyone in the same ranks as NZ, AUS, SA, FRA etc. In 5 years they've gone from zero to hero, give them 5 years in the tri (quad) nations and you can expect more of the same improvement.

as a SA i would open heartedly greet the pumas into our annual tourney. they did really great in the RWC this year (that is besides the fact that they didnt get to really practice against any good teams the last four years). if they could be part of an annual tourney against the BEST of the BEST, as some other dude in the thread said, it would do wonders for their rugby.

my biggest problem with the idea is that "tri-nations" is actually an extremely catchy name...and "quad-nations" of "four-nations" would just not cut it for me :p . maybe something catchy like "four-legions of doom" or the "three kings of rugby...and argentina".

[/quote]

yeah, those were some really lame comments and comebacks YKNGR. especially the "they can't join because it's the TRI nations, you can't have 4 teams!".. what da? were u serious? argentina do deserve to be in a tournament, maybe they won't win the whole thing first time round but they'd definately grow as a team and eventually in the near future win it!

but i guess they can't join our TRI nations or the 6 Nations or the Pacific Cup because 4 doesn't go in 3, nor does 7 in 6 and their not from the pacific so that counts that tournament out too.. what on earth are they to do? just wait till the RWC every 4 years i guess eh..

[/quote]

The point im trying to make is that argentina do deserve to be in a tournament but not the tri nations. Dont they have something like a super 14 team or something similar to that?
If there were 4 teams in the TRI nations thats like saying we have a UNI cycle but then we have 2 wheels. ( not a great example)

And having 4 teams in the tri nations would just sound pathetic, if were going to have 4 teams why wont we let in the French in the tri nations aswell and see how good they do in a rematch with the all blacks? After letting in France and Argentina oh we'll put in england and all the rest who wants to join. Soon it wont be the tri nations.

Its like with animals, feed a cat and itll come back for more, soon you'll end up with more and more cats to feed. The IRB should at least make a tournament for the Argentines, but since this topic was about Argentina trying to join the Tri Nations, i thought id be talking about that instead.

As a japanese myself, i want to see Japan join into a tournament aswell. See how much rugby improves in the country of baseball and soccer -.-

The point im trying to make is that argentina do deserve to be in a tournament but not the tri nations. Dont they have something like a super 14 team or something similar to that?
If there were 4 teams in the TRI nations thats like saying we have a UNI cycle but then we have 2 wheels. ( not a great example)

And having 4 teams in the tri nations would just sound pathetic, if were going to have 4 teams why wont we let in the French in the tri nations aswell and see how good they do in a rematch with the all blacks? After letting in France and Argentina oh we'll put in england and all the rest who wants to join. Soon it wont be the tri nations.

Its like with animals, feed a cat and itll come back for more, soon you'll end up with more and more cats to feed. The IRB should at least make a tournament for the Argentines, but since this topic was about Argentina trying to join the Tri Nations, i thought id be talking about that instead.

As a japanese myself, i want to see Japan join into a tournament aswell. See how much rugby improves in the country of baseball and soccer -.-
[/b]
Quite obviously (well to me and most others) the competition name would be changed from the Tri-Nations to the Four Nations (IV Nations).

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot. France and co are in a competition already mate, Argentina are not that is why there is so much argument. The only thing coming out of your mouth is that you think it's stupid to have Argentina in the tri nations because it means there will be 4 teams and not 3. You're talking like have no idea what you're on about.

Argentina are the only top team not in regular competition, that is why they need to join. France, England etc are in the 6 nations so why the f*** will they want to join? This is you're argument, it is very limp and quite laughable. So please explain.

im guessing you cannot notice sarcasm when it is in words. The country which wants to joing could be any for f*** sake. what im saying here is that why should Argentinas choose to be in the best of the best tournament when theres many others to choose from. Sure they've showed great skill and effort in the world cup, but they havnt even had a match against the allblacks and the wallabies yet. And you must have watched the game which was on this morning. 37-13.

And how does having 4 teams in a TRI nations competition NOT sound pathetic?
If this topic was about making a new tournament for other countries it would be quite acceptable, but the tri nations. TRI nations. There has to be a reason why the tri nation has the word 'TRI' now is there.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Idiot. France and co are in a competition already mate, Argentina are not that is why there is so much argument. The only thing coming out of your mouth is that you think it's stupid to have Argentina in the tri nations because it means there will be 4 teams and not 3. You're talking like have no idea what you're on about.

Argentina are the only top team not in regular competition, that is why they need to join. France, England etc are in the 6 nations so why the f*** will they want to join? This is you're argument, it is very limp and quite laughable. So please explain.
[/b][/quote]
I worked out the problem with YKNGR
homer_xray.jpg

im guessing you cannot notice sarcasm when it is in words. The country which wants to joing could be any for f*** sake. what im saying here is that why should Argentinas choose to be in the best of the best tournament when theres many others to choose from. Sure they've showed great skill and effort in the world cup, but they havnt even had a match against the allblacks and the wallabies yet. And you must have watched the game which was on this morning. 37-13.

If this topic was about making a new tournament for other countries it would be quite acceptable, but the tri nations. TRI nations. There has to be a reason why the tri nation has the word 'TRI' now is there.
[/b]

dude there is a time in everyones life when you need to shut the f*** up. your time has come. the word 'TRI' that you are referring to is gonna be changed. it will become the "four nations" or the "quad nations". which as i said previously, sounds stupid, but could work. instead i would like to go with "four legions of doom and destruction of earth" but im pretty sure IRB wont like that idea as much as me

[/b]
YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY IDIOTIC!
homer_xray.jpg

[/b]

Der oh dear. Argentina either have to join the tri nats or 6 nats, they are a SH nation so they join the tri nats. The other option is 6 nats, which is stupid seeing there are already 6 teams. Your Japanese right? Well, all the SA, NZ, AUSers on this board think they deserve the right to play with us. It's not a matter of picking and choosing what competition to play in, they have a right to and the tri nations is a perfect tourny for them.

And your argument about the tri nations is just pathetic. It's a name. A NAME!!!!!!!! It will change you douche, just as the five nations did.

Also, we played the pumas last year and won 26-21. Before that I think it was 21-20, not sure. So yes, they can compete.

<div class='quotemain'> im guessing you cannot notice sarcasm when it is in words. The country which wants to joing could be any for f*** sake. what im saying here is that why should Argentinas choose to be in the best of the best tournament when theres many others to choose from. Sure they've showed great skill and effort in the world cup, but they havnt even had a match against the allblacks and the wallabies yet. And you must have watched the game which was on this morning. 37-13.

[/b]
YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLY IDIOTIC!
homer_xray.jpg

[/b][/quote]

:bravo: sums it up :bravo:

im just going to sit back and read what others have to say.
I'm not going to change my mind about this, this is my opinion and I dont care what others have to say.

<div align="left">And Rugby`s_a_Religion would you please explain how I am unbelievably idiotic?
I thought people in this forum would at least respect other peoples opinions
just because i have a completely different view from people its not right to insult them in any way now is there.
</div>

I think you are unbelievably idiotic because you can't seem to possibly grasp the concept of a competitions name changing.

You seem to think that an extra team can't be merged into the tri-nations and the name changed.

Quite simple really. You opinion is your opinion and you can express it, but being a pendantic prick (I'm assuming you were being pedantic now, rather than unbelievably idiotic as a sign of good will) isn't doing so.

YKNGR...it's one of two things. you are either slightly on the mentally retarded side, or you are having trouble expressing yourself correctly. im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the latter.

the fact of the matter is, the tri nations is a world class tournament. and argentina has always been looked down upon as a bad team. but they have proven themselves this RWC and as a south african i do believe that they could play up to par with us and NZ & AUS.

now if you are seriously saying that they shouldnt join the tourney because the word TRI means three...then you are seriously close minded. they will change the word TRI to something more suitable (four, IV, quatro, quad). haha they could even call it the Ivy (IV) League.