• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina

Another appropriate quote from the East Terrace;

"The IRB are believed to be planning to respond to the latest Argentinean ‘shock’ victory by once again promising to make some general noises about possibly one day considering to maybe have a discussion about debating the concept of talks on including Argentina in a competitive tournament in the next decade."

Distances in the 3N are massive anyway - From Arg to SA is closer than from Aus or NZ to SA.

Argentina, have play the 6 nations at home in spain !!!!!

The other teams in america (usa-canada-urugay) are inferior in level to play against Argentina in a tournament
[/b]

Absolutely true! but if europeans and 3N guys keep closing the door to Arg, we cannot wait 20 years to make it happen. We loose playing a tournament with usa canada and urug, but only in the short term. In the long term we gain a lot, likewise the other 3 countries will (look Italy how they improved).

Don't be selfish chamigo! Actually is the same short term disadvantage for the 6N or 3N what they use as excuse (de acuerdo, les estamos demostrando que estamos a su nivel) but now only at economic level (it's all about money).
In that regard, Can and Usa has loads of money and can help, in an indirect way, to improve the institucionalization (o como joraca se escriba en ingles) of an argentinian professional leage, and also grow a new tournament that in 10 years can be at 6N level. Easy as I put it. Canada and USA demonstrated that with a little more professionalism and experience they can be a good competitive team. Uruguay as well are good enough to start. If you want all teams to be 'All blacks' level to start a tournament, it doesn't make sense at all.

You want your players playing in your country. If we do not develop profesionalism in ARgentina our good players will remain playing in europe for ever. From an argentinian (as country, not as team) economic point of view, you also want the revenues of the tournament to benefit your economy, not Spain's or Holland's (who also offered to be home for Arg in a possible 7N).
Even more things to say (this is turning to long, but I really feel that this American 4N is a good alternative) from the rugby community point of view this will help develop this lovely sport, helping 3 other nations to grow at high level, and making it less boring to the people: with this I mean that a 7N is very complicated for the schedule, while a 3N is turning too boring playing each other million times. I've read this several times in southern hemysphere's rugby forums.

To finish, what about this:
6N - 3N - 4N and at the end, a tournament among the 3 champions (a 3B stating for the 3 Best teams), every year. That woukd be great, and you will see Pumas playing this tournament for years until one of the other 3 americans reach our level and beat us.

I really expect comments from you guys about this.

<div class='quotemain'>

The other teams in america (usa-canada-urugay) are inferior in level to play against Argentina in a tournament
[/b]

Absolutely true! but if europeans and 3N guys keep closing the door to Arg, we cannot wait 20 years to make it happen. We loose playing a tournament with usa canada and urug, but only in the short term. In the long term we gain a lot, likewise the other 3 countries will (look Italy how they improved).

Don't be selfish chamigo! Actually is the same short term disadvantage for the 6N or 3N what they use as excuse (de acuerdo, les estamos demostrando que estamos a su nivel) but now only at economic level (it's all about money).
In that regard, Can and Usa has loads of money and can help, in an indirect way, to improve the institucionalization (o como joraca se escriba en ingles) of an argentinian professional leage, and also grow a new tournament that in 10 years can be at 6N level. Easy as I put it. Canada and USA demonstrated that with a little more professionalism and experience they can be a good competitive team. Uruguay as well are good enough to start. If you want all teams to be 'All blacks' level to start a tournament, it doesn't make sense at all.

You want your players playing in your country. If we do not develop profesionalism in ARgentina our good players will remain playing in europe for ever. From an argentinian (as country, not as team) economic point of view, you also want the revenues of the tournament to benefit your economy, not Spain's or Holland's (who also offered to be home for Arg in a possible 7N).
Even more things to say (this is turning to long, but I really feel that this American 4N is a good alternative) from the rugby community point of view this will help develop this lovely sport, helping 3 other nations to grow at high level, and making it less boring to the people: with this I mean that a 7N is very complicated for the schedule, while a 3N is turning too boring playing each other million times. I've read this several times in southern hemysphere's rugby forums.

6N - 3N - 4N and at the end, a tournament among the 3 champions (a 3B stating for the 3 Best teams), every year. That woukd be great, and you will see Pumas playing this tournament for years until one of the other 3 americans reach our level and beat us.

[/b][/quote]

I opened a new discussion for this 4N thing in the general "France 2007" forum. Please reffer to that one to answer.

Argentina ganaría siempre el 4 nationes americanas, yo creo que si queremos ser potencia y ademas teniendo la mayoría de jugadores en Inglaterra y Francia, deberíamos unirnos al 6N

(se puede hablar en español?) :unsure:

Argentina ganaría siempre el 4 nationes americanas, yo creo que si queremos ser potencia y ademas teniendo la mayoría de jugadores en Inglaterra y Francia, deberíamos unirnos al 6N

[/b]

We would send Argentina A anyway ;) If you speak in spanish most of the people in the forum will not able to understand or answer to you.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

We would send Argentina A anyway ;) If you speak in spanish most of the people in the forum will not able to understand or answer to you.
[/b][/quote]

Ok in english, sorry :unsure: .

then Argentina A to 4N and Argentina to 7N :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Ok in english, sorry :unsure: .

then Argentina A to 4N and Argentina to 7N :D
[/b][/quote]

Please try to keep the same discussion in the same forum in order to take the most of the benefits from it. This discussion have been moved to the forum "General Rugby"
Thanks

Go the mighty Pumas hehe, if they top the table, it waould very well mean an all Sourthern Semi Final round

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Argentina, USA and Canada is a great idea. Argentina could then show themselves to help other nations the way noone would help them. It wouldn't be of benifit for several years, but if we want a truly global competition then this would be the way. I also wonder whether the pacific island should have a similar tournament with Japan.

Either in the 6N or the 3N, but Argentina should play one major competion. That's for sure.

Either in the 6N or the 3N, but Argentina should play one major competion. That's for sure. [/b]

joining USA/Canada would be better for the game. Otherwise we are still left with the same problems about developing second tier Nations. Including them in a tourney with the Pumas could change the sport in the long run. Argentina probably would suffer for a few years yet if it was the case.

I must agree...while i would love Argentina to join the 3N and face off with AB's SA and the Aussies it would be much better for the game if they could sacrifice themselves and establish with the help of the US and Canada a 3N tourney here in the Americas...or even including Uruguay for the sake of preventing confusion between the 2 3N's ;)

It would be a shame for all the current players to not get a chance to win a tourney as they would surely do in the 6N...but hey they would be pioneers and help develop Rugby as a sport so that there can be true parity of talent across the field in future World Cups!

I would definitely vote for a 4N!

I must agree...while i would love Argentina to join the 3N and face off with AB's SA and the Aussies it would be much better for the game if they could sacrifice themselves and establish with the help of the US and Canada a 3N tourney here in the Americas...or even including Uruguay for the sake of preventing confusion between the 2 3N's ;)

It would be a shame for all the current players to not get a chance to win a tourney as they would surely do in the 6N...but hey they would be pioneers and help develop Rugby as a sport so that there can be true parity of talent across the field in future World Cups!

[/b]

We must sacrifice and help develop Rugby, i agree, but to make it fair, what if we do this: The winner of this 4N it's invited to play next year in the 6N or 3N... ok? B)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

We must sacrifice and help develop Rugby, i agree, but to make it fair, what if we agregate this: The winn :bravo: er of this 4N, it's invited to play in a new tourney with the 6N & 3N Winners? :cheers: cool...
[/b][/quote]

Che Rocokeku and Jorge A, por que no se dan una vuelta por "A new tournament, the 4N" en el forum "general rugby"? There I posted a discussion about this possibility and the comments are very good.

ya voy para alla...pero estoy intimidado por sus largos discursos lol....dude its like a huge wall of text...someone over there i forget the name is very...verbose to say the least :p

argentina dont have a rival in south america

yo te daré, te daré una cosa, una cosa q empieza con P
PUMAS!!!

we deserve to play a regular competition with a acceptable level....they want to put pumas in a tournament with uruguay, chile, canada, usa...and thats very unfair with us, we win the right to play with the bests winnin in every field we play.....