• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes Cricket 2009 - your questions

S

St Helens RLFC

With a massive amount of thanks to KingWilko, you'll be pleased to know that myself and Cymro will be going to playtest Ashes Cricket 2009 at Codies HQ on June 22nd.

As I did with my visit to Swordfish Studios for Rugby Challenge 2006 playtesting in October 2005, I am going to open up to you, the members, the opportunity to ask questions. I will endeavour to answer them all as best I possibly can and with as much detail as i can.

Feel free to drop your questions in here.

gold!
will come up with somethign when i sleep these beers off
roger!!!

op.s wait...........#1, question, is warny in it, in any shape or form?

pp.s, proper questions to come :p

Well... The only thing i want to know is the computer AI, has it improved. Does it work as well as they say it works. I bought last years game, played on hard first up won first up straight up. scored about 100 bowled the other team out for less than 10. I hope the tail enders are better as well. Graphics arent everything especially if they cant hit the bloody ball.

Lookin forward to playin it online on the ps3 though.

You have less than a week to submit questions. Sunday AM at the very latest.

Is this the one also coming out on the Wii?

If possible that's the format I'd really like to know about. Mainly whether it makes good use of the potential the Wii has for a cricket game. And whether it uses motion plus.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, or these questions might be self evident elsewhere, but I'm too behind the gaming scene to try and read up about it.

1st Question: Will manual appealing be a feature?
2nd Question: Have they managed to avoid pitch sweet spots regarding bowling (i.e. places you can bowl for a much higher chance of a wicket? How is the game making the decisions which determine nick's and misses of the ball?

Can you pick your region online â€" ie locale only like cod series

Does the AI react to required run rates, and middle order slumps

Can it start raining mid match, randomly

The wii version will be available for testing.
I've had to pull out of this as I now have not one but two job interviews on Monday. Neither were meant to be but both have switched.
Epically gutted. :(
There will be 5 going now: 2 TRF and 3 PC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Jun 16 2009, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If possible that's the format I'd really like to know about. Mainly whether it makes good use of the potential the Wii has for a cricket game. And whether it uses motion plus.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, or these questions might be self evident elsewhere, but I'm too behind the gaming scene to try and read up about it.[/b]

now that it has been confirmed this version is available for testing I too would like info on it especially how it controls and if it uses wi motionplus at all.

Does leaving the ball affect confidence negatively, even if it's a good leave?

Does the AI gain confidence just through blocking?

Main question - Is the AI any good? I.e. react to run rate, react to the field, react to things happening? (i.e. conservativism after fall of wickets)
Will umpires make mistakes from time to time
does atmosprearic conditions play a part?
how hard is it to hit a boundary? Ricky Ponting you could hit a boundary risk free as often as you want pretty much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 5 2009, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
gold!
will come up with somethign when i sleep these beers off
roger!!!

op.s wait...........#1, question, is warny in it, in any shape or form?

pp.s, proper questions to come :p[/b]

Warney commentates in the game along with Ian Bishop, Ian Botham and Aggers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Jun 7 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well... The only thing i want to know is the computer AI, has it improved. Does it work as well as they say it works. I bought last years game, played on hard first up won first up straight up. scored about 100 bowled the other team out for less than 10. I hope the tail enders are better as well. Graphics arent everything especially if they cant hit the bloody ball.

Lookin forward to playin it online on the ps3 though.[/b]

The AI reacts amazingly in the game, if you drop a couple of catches and lose wickets then your team moral drops and the AI comes out on top.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Jun 15 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I might be barking up the wrong tree, or these questions might be self evident elsewhere, but I'm too behind the gaming scene to try and read up about it.[/b]

No Motion Plus sorry to hard to code with a limited budget

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jun 15 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1st Question: Will manual appealing be a feature?
2nd Question: Have they managed to avoid pitch sweet spots regarding bowling (i.e. places you can bowl for a much higher chance of a wicket? How is the game making the decisions which determine nick's and misses of the ball?[/b]

No Manual appealing

Sweet spots have been toned down with a suggested guide to where to bowl depending on the shade of the circle. Nicks are more common if you fail to time the ball correctly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jun 16 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can you pick your region online â€" ie locale only like cod series

Does the AI react to required run rates, and middle order slumps

Can it start raining mid match, randomly[/b]

Cant rain mid match

AI reacts

Online is available around the world

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Jun 16 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
will gayle from west indies have that like black stuff covering his dreadlocks when he bats?

http://mdsingh.webfactional.com/talkcricke...land-020609.jpg

will there be woodworm bats for create a player?

will there be a release for a pc?

since it is an ashes game will there be other countries like west indies in the game and will the major teams if so be licensed?[/b]

No dreadlocks

Yes will be released for PC

No woodworm bats as they are bankrupt

No other teams are licensed. But can edit names of players in edit mode.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ Jun 18 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Does leaving the ball affect confidence negatively, even if it's a good leave?

Does the AI gain confidence just through blocking?[/b]

If its a good leave then you gain confidence, in Test matches you have to plan your innings, you can just go out and start slogging

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sinbad007 @ Jun 20 2009, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Main question - Is the AI any good? I.e. react to run rate, react to the field, react to things happening? (i.e. conservativism after fall of wickets)
Will umpires make mistakes from time to time
does atmosprearic conditions play a part?
how hard is it to hit a boundary? Ricky Ponting you could hit a boundary risk free as often as you want pretty much.[/b]

Dan can tell you how explosive Ricky Ponting can be hey Dan?

godd stuff looking forward to st helens review. thanks again to both Cymro and St Helens for going on trf's behalf and answering our questions etc.

Judging from the previews over at Planet Cricket there seems to be a lot more positives than negatives which is good. Not alot mentioned about the AI though.

Cool, will be good to read your feedback. Come to think of it, if the game plays as good as it seems it does, most time will be spent online if that part of the game works well.

Latest posts