• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Assisted suicide

Here's a twist... What's the difference between a doctor assisting a terminally ill patient with no quality of life to die at their request compared to a doctor sitting by and letting a patient die who's requested "no resuscitation"?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 2 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's a twist... What's the difference between a doctor assisting a terminally ill patient with no quality of life to die at their request compared to a doctor sitting by and letting a patient die who's requested "no resuscitation"?[/b]
It's a thin veil that separates the two, for sure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 3 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think God gave men 2 things: 1. Free Will, 2. A Brain. Modern science is the culmination of man discecting and sorting out God's creation. We have, in a lot of cases, ways to heal ourselves. I'm not saying the man shouldn't pray for God to do the miraculous, but when something can be cured by modern medicine it no longer is miraculous. Like, the flu used to be a killer because we had no way of treating it. So being cured of the flu used to be miraculous. Now it's common place. I'm not taking away from the God given genius that it took to figure out decongestants, etc, etc, but we now have the means to fix some things without divine intervention.
So, this man should have both prayed and sought modern medical help.
Maybe all my above rambling proved another point. We fail to see the miraculous in modern medicine. The fact that we can cure and treat things that 50 years ago were untreatable is a miracle in itself. We should be thanking God for the dedicated men and women who have used their brains and intellect (that again I believe are granted by God) to find cures and treatments.
It's a shame that some Christians still think the way this man does. There is no sound biblical backing for this principle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 3 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 3 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think God gave men 2 things: 1. Free Will, 2. A Brain. Modern science is the culmination of man discecting and sorting out God's creation. We have, in a lot of cases, ways to heal ourselves. I'm not saying the man shouldn't pray for God to do the miraculous, but when something can be cured by modern medicine it no longer is miraculous. Like, the flu used to be a killer because we had no way of treating it. So being cured of the flu used to be miraculous. Now it's common place. I'm not taking away from the God given genius that it took to figure out decongestants, etc, etc, but we now have the means to fix some things without divine intervention.
So, this man should have both prayed and sought modern medical help.
Maybe all my above rambling proved another point. We fail to see the miraculous in modern medicine. The fact that we can cure and treat things that 50 years ago were untreatable is a miracle in itself. We should be thanking God for the dedicated men and women who have used their brains and intellect (that again I believe are granted by God) to find cures and treatments.
It's a shame that some Christians still think the way this man does. There is no sound biblical backing for this principle.
[/b][/quote]

Well Agree brother

what about me I also believe in God's existence and etc.

But as you say God gave FREE WILL to mankind right? so what men will do with scientific discoveries is absolutely the deal of men and God and not any other

Well despite religious feelings, I think people have (God given right) right to make choice either die with suffers or put a dot to their deadly existence