• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Attoub Banned for 70 Weeks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 21 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3. In this picture the cat definitely seems to be riding an invisible bike.

lolcat-invisible-bike.jpg
[/b]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Any deliberate finger/hand/thumb contact with the eye region, of any circumstance (raking, gouging, whatever) should be a minimum of 6 months based on the accountof the victim, and the accused and the video/ref evidence. If it is deemed that the offence is much more serious than that, i.e the repeated action and clear and deliberate intent to injure, then the player should have another 3 months. If the player has history of the offence they shall get an extra month for every past infringement, so the total maximum ban would be for around 12 months for the typical serial offender with form, doing it to deliberately injure.

I have been gouged/gored, in the guise of a hand-off, that was junior rugby and i tell you, when some prick decides he's gonna literally stab you in the eye with his fingernail, you won't ever feel there is a ban that is too long. All i did was match him for pace, and he really couldn't accept that as much as he was a better player, he couldn't beat me with pace, so he did that.

It's rugby's equivalent of the deliberate studs-up two-footed challenge in poofball.

Don't know the date of the appeal, but if I were in the staff of Stade de France, I'd certainly present the picture of today's match vs Ireland when Dussautoir put his hand in his partner's Harinordoquy eyes and ask how much this voluntary eye-gouging action desserve.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 13 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't know the date of the appeal, but if I were in the staff of Stade de France, I'd certainly present the picture of today's match vs Ireland when Dussautoir put his hand in his partner's Harinordoquy eyes and ask how much this voluntary eye-gouging action desserve.[/b]

And get Dusautoir a 50 week ban? :D
It's an interesting point though, although I wouldn't say that case is in any way similar to Attoub's.
It sure was funny though :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 14 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 13 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know the date of the appeal, but if I were in the staff of Stade de France, I'd certainly present the picture of today's match vs Ireland when Dussautoir put his hand in his partner's Harinordoquy eyes and ask how much this voluntary eye-gouging action desserve.[/b]

It's an interesting point though, although I wouldn't say that case is in any way similar to Attoub's.
[/b][/quote]

They could be capable of...

We can always make differences and making a generality from an individual case never leads somewhere...
Here precisely, the question is how can we declare a volontary act from a just a instant moment picture ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 15 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 14 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Feb 13 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

They could be capable of...

We can always make differences and making a generality from an individual case never leads somewhere...
Here precisely, the question is how can we declare a volontary act from a just a instant moment picture ?
[/b][/quote]

It is a hard one, but as has been said before, it's that the picture shows the finger in the eye, not just near it.
That's all they have to go on, but it's still there...

Latest posts