• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Auckland Squad

E

..::ERIC::..

Forwards:
Chris Heard, Daniel Muller, Nick White, Saimone Taumoepeau, Semisi Telefoni, Lance Poching, Bryce Williams, Brad Mika, Kurtis Haiu, Angus MacDonald, Jerome Kaino, Justin Collins Captain, Daniel Braid.

Backs:
Steve Devine, Taniela Moa, Tasesa Lavea, Isaia Toe'ava, Sam Tuitupou, Ben Atiga, Gavin Williams, Jamie Helleur, James Somersett, Tony Koonwaiyou, Doug Howlett, Brent Ward, Isa Nacewa.

All Blacks unavailable.

Big mistake IMO. Collins as captain means he will take either 6 or 7 always. I don't believe that he is one of the best 3 looseforwards in Auckland. Assuming Braid takes 7, Kaino and MacDonald will be left fighting for 8. Unless MacDonald moves to lock which would make sence. Oh and haha, only one 10 in the squad. Prepare to get killed. Where the hell is David Gibson? Injured?

1. Mr T
2. Dont Know - Dont Care - The Sooner the Oliver gets fit the Better
3. See Above
4. McDonald
5. Mika
6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Collins

9. Devine

10. Lavea
11. Nacewa
12. Wife Basher
13. Atiga
14. Howlett
15. Ward (K)

Backline isnt that bad, apart from Lavea.

Foward pack is utter **** apart from Kaino and Mr T.

All in all, let the Public Lynching of Pat Lam begin (*Applause*)

yeah i'm pretty sure gibson is injured and the abs will be considered after the tri nations is finished. I am amusing one of those guys in the backs can play 10 as only having lavea would be crazy. Collins will be 6 with braid at 7 with kaino at 8 and macDonald at lock maybe.

oreni ai'i?

is must be in the 7's then wouldnt he? how long will that hold him back from the npc? hes one of my favs, and he can play anywhere in the back line. weve seen him play fb,ct,2nd5/8, 1st 5/8 from my [poor] memory. if you can play ct and fb, it means you can play wing aswell, but i think he would be good at the 5/8 position anyway...

aye! uncool orene, verry uncool!
<

Lol, I remember when Ripper wanted Ai'i at 10 for the Blues over McAlister a few years ago.

Wasnt that the Same time you were saying that Lavea should start ahead of both McAlister and Ai'i when Spencer broke his jaw in that Chiefs game?

No, it was two years ago when Spencer was out for the trip to SA, Lavea was still in League and I was saying that McAlister should be flown straight into the 10 jersey (which he was) ahead of Ai'i, to which you replied somthing along the lines of:

"No way, Ai'i > McAlister. McAlister wont even make the bench."

Cant have been 2 years ago for 2 reasons...

A ) It was 2003 and Spencer was carving up the S12 like a knife through melted butter and he only missed the first game against the Tahs (From Memory)

B ) This forum didnt open up till July 2003

When Spencer got injured last year I remember you and me having some arguement on MSN about Ai'i v Lavea.

Meh, maybe it was last year. But, anyhow, the point is still that you though McAlister would never even make the Blues bench, and now you want him starting at 12 for the All Blacks. It just seems like a dramatic change of tune.

Players come from nowhere and Players go from somewhere to nowhere.

Last year Ali Williams looked like his AB days were put on Hold due to the return of Simon Maling, Keith Robinson and on the end of year tour, Maxwell.

Now look it him, he's cemented his place as Chris Jacks locking partner and unless he loses confindence again, he'll play many more fine games in the Black Jersey.

18 months ago would you have predicted that Rico Gear or Ma'a Nonu wouldve kept Joe Rocokoko out of the Lions Series?

Hopefully for Aucklands sake Telefoni is not the hooker, they would have to call up someone who can throw surely.

No pun intended, honest.

I believe orene has gone to japan. Telefoni didn't have a good game against the Lions but hopefully that was a once off

orene has buggered off to japan..

f***in dumb pat lam puts him at halfback?
what goods he doing passing the ball all the time when hes better in openspace and running?...

anyways if i see pat lam anytime soon ill make sure no one will find em!

lets go counties manukau!!!!

orene actually wanted to play halfback so that he could get into the abs. after hearing about canterbury trying to get kevin senio I am hoping canterbury get whipped by bop

shame on canturbury

what happened to this depth?
i reckon kevin shud be in the abs as 3rd string back up hb...but kelleher has made it hard for him

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 14 2005, 08:15 PM
Players come from nowhere and Players go from somewhere to nowhere.

Last year Ali Williams looked like his AB days were put on Hold due to the return of Simon Maling, Keith Robinson and on the end of year tour, Maxwell.

Now look it him, he's cemented his place as Chris Jacks locking partner and unless he loses confindence again, he'll play many more fine games in the Black Jersey.

18 months ago would you have predicted that Rico Gear or Ma'a Nonu wouldve kept Joe Rocokoko out of the Lions Series?
Rubbish.....I was following this discussion and nuetrally judging it, but no way dude.

McAllister was always a good player with unbelievable potential.....it's not that he came "from nowhere" - it is that you either don't know what you are talking about OR you are the last person I'd want scouting for my team that's gor damn sure.

Ai'i!?

<

I'll tell you what I remember:

I remember everyone telling me that Spencer sucked and that the Blues needed Lavea and he "was better" etc.....
<
<
<

<

good one.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 16 2005, 06:53 PM
I'll tell you what I remember:

I remember everyone telling me that Spencer sucked and that the Blues needed Lavea and he "was better" etc.....
<
<
<

<

good one.
yeah dam those people!!!

**** not spencers fault this season he didnt perform..how **** were our dumb forwards!!!!...and they only played well like 2 or 3 times this super12 and thats when lavea showed the best of his abilities(which quite frankly falls along way from spencer)....and we have got better depth then this sorry crowd of players

lavea shud go to the warriors

Latest posts