• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Auckland vs Wellington - FINAL

J

Juggernaut

Auckland: 15. Brent Ward, 14. David Smith, 13. Ben Atiga, 12. Sam Tuitupou [C], 11. Benson Stanley, 10. Isa Nacewa, 9. Taniela Moa, 8. Brad Mika, 7. Daniel Braid, 6. Jerome Kaino, 5. Jay Williams, 4. Kurtis Haiu, 3. John Afoa, 2. Tom McCartney, 1. Saimone Taumoepeau

Replacements: 16. Keven Mealamu, 17. Nick White, 18. Troy Flavell, 19. Angus McDonald, 20. Grayson Hart, 21. Lachie Munro, 22. Isaia Toeava

Good to see Mealamu & Toeava make the bench. Big game for some of the players as it will be the last for Auckland - Sammy, Taumoepeau, Mika, Ward, McDonald - and a dedication to the braves who have retired - Witcombe, Devine.

Wellington is likely to name some of their returning ABs as well but still not confirmed yet.

Auckland by 12.

I wonder where David Smiths gonna be playin this Super14 with his good form it doesn't look likely we'll be getting him back damn it. I think its gonna be a close 1 but a streakers gonna come on the field and Ma'a Nonu's gonna try tackle him but miss and from his shame, play like **** and go on to nearly lose the game for us lol. But still Wellyz by 3 I say 28 to 25.

Auckland by 39.

Toeava > Smith. [/b]

Toeava > Smith you must be joking he's been playing for 2 years now and still hasn't fired for the All Blacks the 1st thing he did against the French was drop the ball lol. I put Toeava in the same category as Reuben Thorne just plain shouldn't have been in the squad. Ma'a Nonu would of been better even though his d is suspect as hell.

Wellington: 15 Cory Jane, 14 Hosea Gear, 13 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu ©, 8 Thomas Waldrom, 7 Tom Harding, 6 Api Naikatini, 5 Bernie Upton, 4 Jeremy Thrush, 3 John Schwalger, 2 Luke Mahoney, 1 Jacob Ellison
Replacements: 16 Dane Coles, 17 Anthony Perenise, 18 Fafili Levave, 19 Rodney So'oialo, 20 Alex Tulou, 21 Alby Mathewson, 22 Conrad Smith

Nonu vs Tuitupou. :bana:

I don't think the shield goes on the line for finals does it?

I think you'd have to give the edge to Auckland now. I would have picked Wellington before Ellison got injured. He's both the captain and the lynchpin keeping the Wellington backs firing.

It's exactly the same with Big Sammy. If Auckland were to lose him they would be at a big disadvantage this late in the season.

Aux by...13. 28-15

But...something makes me wonder whether Wellington is hitting its straps at exactly the right time, much like they did last year.

This is the 3rd final we've been in a row surely we deserve to win it this time. It's stupid cause if Cantabs still had the shield then wouldn't last week had been a shield challenge?.

Juggernaut IMHO even though I'm a Wellyz supporter I'd have to go with Tuitupou because neither his offense or definately not his defence is lacking where as Nonu can get out of position on d but is extremely good on the offensive.

<div class='quotemain'> Auckland by 39.

Toeava > Smith. [/b]

Toeava > Smith you must be joking he's been playing for 2 years now and still hasn't fired for the All Blacks the 1st thing he did against the French was drop the ball lol. I put Toeava in the same category as Reuben Thorne just plain shouldn't have been in the squad. Ma'a Nonu would of been better even though his d is suspect as hell.

[/b][/quote]

When Toeava get's destroyed by Jamie Noon and the English Backline like Nonu did, than you can say Nonu would've been a better option, but until than... no, just no.

Toeava destroys himself he plays real good in the Npc & Super14 but once he puts the black jersey on he turns to s***. He's scored 5 tries in 15 test 3 of them in this Rugby World Cup against minnows. Until he gets better then I will say he's still not be better then Nonu.

lol.

Show me a game where Toeava has played as poorly as Nonu did against England that day?

Remember the French Tests this year - Nonu comes onto the wing with 10 minutes left and virtually right away concedes a try. Toeva this year has played solid, not great, but not bad... and him and McAlister shut out Giteau and Mortlock in the 2nd Bledisoe Cup Test this year, and Toeava made an impact when he came on in the quarter final, he came made two strong runs with his few touches of the ball, before we got ultra safe and started only picking and going (forgetting that Wayne Barnes wouldn't have awarded us a penalty if Chabal spear tackled McCaw, than stomped on his throat)

well that was a bad start to the day. And I didn't even see it, as I'm working at a customer site in a country that doesn't know rugby exists. Still it sounds like a pretty exciting game, and I have it on sky+ for when I get home.

Well done Auckland. CUp and Shield, so damn good season.

Wellington, oh Wellington, what do you have to do...mind you it was great to demolish Canterbury!

ps. Won't see the WC final live either.

Undefeated all season peown! lol

it wasn't the best of finals footy, couple all blacks came on and were solid, cept for toeava, too many handling errors even being mindful that it was crap weather. atleast he and mealamu have something positive to get over them WC trauma!

wanted to go but the weather was stink!

Must suck to be a Wellington suppoter. So many finals...so many disapointments.

Outstanding season for Auckland. got the shield back and went through the air nz cup undeafted.

dont know about that there bill
okey dokey we'll leave it there
we'll leave it there so
eh we'll leave it there....so
play the music
(sunday game music plays)

anyways what was the final score

Latest posts