• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aussie injury crisis

T

The TRUTH

This is getting beyond the joke, here's a list of the Australian players missing from last round.....

Larkham(wallaby)
Mortlock(wallaby)
Latham(wallaby)
Cordingley(wallaby)
Waugh (wallaby)
Vickerman (wallaby)
MacKay (wallaby)
Kanaar (wallaby)
Rathbone (wallaby)
Moore (wallaby)
Holmes (wallaby)
Heenan (wallaby)
McMenimen (wallaby)
C.Brown
A.Brown
Campbell (wallaby)
Sharpe (wallaby)
Johansson (wallaby)
Dunning (wallaby)
Mowen
Coutts
Hynes
(probably more but that all i can think of at this stage)

RIDICULOUS!.... and now we learn that Clinton Shifcofske has broken his hand and Rodzilla requires season ending surgery which mean the Reds are now without all of their 5 contracted props for the rest of the comp.

No wonder the Force are Australias highest ranked team this year, they're the only side capable of puting out anything close to a full strength XV (and even i'll admit that,on paper, with all players available, we are the worst of the Aussie teams)

The Kiwiz can afford to rest their 'chosen ones'... WE CAN'T, we just don't have the depth in this country to lose that many players and still be successful, rugby is too small over here.

It's to be expected that with the introduction of the Force we now find our player pool severly depleted.We(W.A) are a non rugby playing state who rely solely on the rape and pillaging of our eastern brothers to form our squad.... in the long term this will be benificial for OZ rugby, but during this current injury crisis it makes for very tough viewing...

I hear ya Wally, F@#*ing Force

This is awful! :(

And as if to rub salt into yonder wound of all Australian injured talent, Al Baxter is still fit.

This is awful! :(

And as if to rub salt into yonder wound of all Australian injured talent, Al Baxter is still fit. [/b]

bah...i dont even have enough spirit to say that with passion :(

I will... Al Baxter?

Nope think you must be thinking about someone else... nothing wrong with Al, small but knows where the try line is and is a very tough 'little' guy.

Kiwis rest 22, SA don't and end up on top of the super 14 pretty early, but thats all it is - early.
Aus don't - and start playing in dry conditions... really really dry.

Tri Nations, few internationls... for the aussies it seems last man standing, BUT they are the 2 time world champs, and the only two time world champs.

Fat *****es should not start singing just yet.

And added to that, the World Cup is only in Nov, and it`s in the Northern Hemisphere- you Aussies have this annoying little habit of winning all the World Cups over on THAT side of the equator anyway, so I wouldn`t start worrying too much yet.

Also, you guys have this other little trick perfected- playing really shite the year before a RWC, heck even during the RWC year, and then flying into fine form when it matters most- during the RWC quarters/semi`s/final. It`s a bit of an Aussie tradition, and very annoying for the rest of us.

But I can really sympathise- last year, we had the entire 1st-choice Bok back row, half of our second row and a couple of props out injured- also our 1st-choice flyhalf, centre-pairing and 2 wingers, all at once- that`s 11 out of the starting XV- and it resulted in the small matter of 49-0 etc.

yeah starting the super 14 a bit early and playing on hard pitches must have contributed to alot of injuries for the aussies. but the kiwis dont have many injuries and we are playing on the same pitches. are these injuries happening at training or on the field? if they are at training something is seriosuly wrong for that many people to be out.

if its on the field, why is it only happening to the aussies? nzl and saf havnt lost that many and they have more teams than you guys.

yeah starting the super 14 a bit early and playing on hard pitches must have contributed to alot of injuries for the aussies. but the kiwis dont have many injuries and we are playing on the same pitches. are these injuries happening at training or on the field? if they are at training something is seriosuly wrong for that many people to be out.

if its on the field, why is it only happening to the aussies? nzl and saf havnt lost that many and they have more teams than you guys.
[/b]

Just luck of the draw I guess.

Like Bokmagic said, we were in the same boat. this obviously means the bloody ozzies will be ripping everybody apart come WC time.... FFS.

it's the way it goes. and this time the aussies seem to be getting a lot of the injuries. they will be a forced to reckoned with at the world cup they always seem to come good when it matters. but until then I will enjoy the depleted aus sides as it gives the kiwi teams more chance of wining the super 14.

"but until then I will enjoy the depleted aus sides as it gives the kiwi teams more chance of wining the super 14."

LoL. The kiwi sides never seemed to have needed depleted oz sides to win the s14

Latest posts