• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aussie Waugh linked with Ospreys

C

Cymro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
New South Wales Waratahs captain Phil Waugh has been reported as saying the Ospreys are among European teams to have shown interest in signing him.

Media in Australia say flanker Waugh, 29, may leave because the Australian Rugby Union have shown little interest in helping to keep him there.

Waugh recently denied he was set to sign for the Scarlets.

The Australian international is out of contract with NSW and the Australian Rugby Union at the end of 2009.

The Ospreys have declined to comment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...eys/7955020.stm[/b]

Ill be dissapointed if he signs what about developing the likes of Tom Smith and Ben Lewis when he returns from injury!

Well, they'd certainly benefit being taken under his (albeit stubby) wing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Apr 7 2009, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, they'd certainly benefit being taken under his (albeit stubby) wing.[/b]

his bingo wing...

dont think we need waugh, we already have better flankers at the ospreys

sounds like a press time fil until they can contrive another story on Henson

sorry but the welsh press are like a pack of serial rapists

and that is being nice to them

I dunno about this apparently this story is true, but Id rather see Waugh at the Scarlets than Ospreys.

Id rather see Waugh stay where he is. He getting chunky, he gives away far to many blatant penaltys and he'll want to much money for what he's worth.

Ospreys certainly dont need him and I hope for the scarlets sake they dont offer him a contract.

I would be very disappointed in Waugh if he left Australia. He has been one of the star performers in the Super14 and could gain a few more national caps if he is lucky.

I just think he's rubbish and don't want him. Can hardly say the Ospreys are playing stellar rugby atm, but one thing we don't need is a backrower.

Not to sure. I think Holah's been one of the most dissapointing players for the Ospreys this year. He was touted as one of the best opensides in world rugby when he joined, but he's been annonymous in crunch games (v Saracent last year, v Munster). He's another 'flashy' player in a position the Ospreys really need a gritty performer to do all the donkey work. He really needs to up his work rate and show up better ruck time.

Saying that, the Ospreys really don't need any big name sighnings, as someone else said, they now need some journeymen to galvanise the team. Look at the Blues, the likes of ***o and Rush are the kinda players the O's need, the grafters.

Latest posts