• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia in Bangladesh

Bangladesh 427 & 124/5 (41.0 ov)
Australia 269
Bangladesh lead by 282 runs with 5 wickets remaining

wicket looks as thought its deterioating fast, good luck for the banglies though. the need at least another 100 but i still dont think that would be enough

The Aussies will pull something out of their arse and win this test. Fact.

2 days is a long time and Australia will be a bit more used to the pitch and pull out a much better batting effort. I think they will be chasing 330 - 350 which is very doable with the time left. All the same, Go The Mighty Bangas!

Bangladesh 427 & 148
Australia 269 & 129/1 (47.4 ov)
Australia require another 178 runs with 9 wickets remaining

aussie look like theyare about to pull this out of their ass damn

Bangladesh 427 & 148
Australia 269 & 212/4 (74.0 ov)
Australia require another 95 runs with 6 wickets remaining

end of day four

its still possible for the banglies to get 6 wickets in 95 runs. but i think the aussie tail is 2 strong for them (if they get that far)

Ponting on 72, poised to score yet another 100 :) he is a machine when it comes to batting, but they need a new captain maybe in gilly, not warne but gilly :D

they did fight back in the last session taking 3 wickets though (i think it was 3

39 RUNS WITH 4 WICKETS IN HAND

PONTING ON 91*

I am tipping a TIE!!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :p

EDIT: bloody posted in wrong thread

i'm excited!!!

Game over Aussies win.............Ponting with a unbeaten century

Well played Bangladesh :bravo:

We never should have sent them food that time they had none, it's all George Harrison's fault

Yeah, I agree... and everyone knows that Eric Clapton was only there so he could smuggle back Herion to the UK

Australia in driving seat against Bangladesh
17 April 2006 

Australia were 76 for one at the close after they had bundled out Bangladesh for 197 on the opening day of the second and final test on Sunday.

Matthew Hayden was the man out for the visitors, caught by substitute Alok Kapali at deep mid-wicket off spinner Mohammad Rafique for 29. Philip Jaques was unbeaten on 38 and nightwatchman Jason Gillespie five not out.

Away from the play, local media mounted a boycott of the match after at least 10 of them were injured in clashes with police.

Witnesses said about 20 officers with batons damaged cameras and clashed with around 50 reporters and photographers who were protesting by the side of the pitch outside the press box during the lunch break.

They were upset over an incident before play began when a policeman assaulted a photographer in a row over using transport in the restricted stadium vicinity.

PRESS GALLERY

Haji Zahir, an experienced photographer, said: "We are leaving the press gallery in protest against excesses by police and there will be no more media coverage if authorities do not take action against unruly policemen."

AdvertisementAdvertisementMajedul Haque, a senior officer with Chittagong Metropolitan police, said police had gone into action as a number of unruly people identifying themselves as reporters threatened police, who had then promptly acted in self defence.

On the field, paceman Gillespie (3-11) and leg spinners Stuart MacGill (3-68) and Shane Warne (3-47) proved too hot to handle for the Bangladeshi batsmen.

Debutant spinner Dan Cullen also took his maiden test wicket when Mashrafe Mortaza was caught behind by Adam Gilchrist for four.

Bangladesh, who won the toss and opted to bat, lost their first wicket without a run on the board when first-test centurion Shahriar Nafees was caught at square leg by Brett Lee off Gillespie.

Rajin Saleh top-scored with 71 before he was bowled by MacGill. Khaled Mashud was left undefeated on 34.

Australia are 1-0 up in the two-test series.
[/b]

well they got close the first test this test looks like it is goign to be a walkover like it should be

Oh well, just when I thought Bangladesh were challenging. They go and give Jason Gillespie a Test Century, dear dear me.

Bangladesh do some good things, but not at the same time. They never get two scores over 50 in an innings, generally one guy gets a 100 and the others get 10,20 or 30.

BM

Dizzy Gillepsie is a sound tail ender

He has cracked 50's before..........against proven TEST nations......from the tail...and runs out of batters...........not hard with McGrath normally at the other end

I think with more nightwatchman chances he would have more 100's

He deserves it

186 N.O?

Not as bad as the time the Black Caps let Glenn McGrath score a 50 against them though.

first nightwatchman to get 200 I believe. well played but take into consideration it is lowly bangladesh

And to think Shane Warne has never had a test century then Dizzy goes and does this!

Latest posts