• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia V England

T

timmyhoran

If I was English I'd be praying for rain in Marseille. The only way I can see them beating Australia is if it ****** down rain and Jonny plugs the corners all day longs and kicks goals. They still look clueless in attack and apart from a drive off a 5m lineout I can't see them scoring a try. Australia should win by 20+. Morlock and Palu will run at the light weight English midfield all day long and the sluggish English backrow will struggle to generate any quick ball. In saying all that though the last two times Australia have been knocked out of the World Cup it was England who put them out, so thats something the Pommie fans can cling to. Its pay back time. Lets go Australia. Victory is not enough. Lets humiliate them.

Didn't watch the second half then and only looking for another dig?

Never mind, he's probably right. England aren't anywhere near good enough for this fixture, espoecially while Barkley and Farrell are bumming about in the centre or Vickary, Kay Cueto, Tait and Sackey are fudging up everything they attempt.

Best case scenario;

1. Stevens
2. Chuter
3. Sheridan
4. Borthwck
5. Shaw
6. Corry
7. f*** knows
8. Easter
9. Gommersall
10. Wilkinson
11. Tait
12. Flood
13. Hipkiss
14. Lewsey
15. Robinson

lmao, I can't believe I just hoped for a decent England team...

I hope England can pull of the ridiculously unthinkable. I desperately want Australia knocked out, as I have had a premonition for two weeks that they will win the cup.

Also, if England did suddenly remember how to play and who to pick, they would only be good for one game and the All Blacks would destroy them to the point that they would need the red cross on their flag.

Also, if England did suddenly remember how to play and who to pick, they would only be good for one game and the All Blacks would destroy them to the point that they would need the red cross on their flag. [/b]

I've read that scentence 27 times now and it still doesn't make a word of sense.

<div class='quotemain'>Also, if England did suddenly remember how to play and who to pick, they would only be good for one game and the All Blacks would destroy them to the point that they would need the red cross on their flag. [/b]

I've read that scentence 27 times now and it still doesn't make a word of sense.
[/b][/quote]

I think he means, "All Blacks would destroy them to the point that they would NOT need the red cross on their flag". ie the flag would be all the all white flag of surrender. I did see the second half of the Eng v Tonga game and I was unimpressed with England. With all due respect to Tonga who for such a small country do amazingly well and have given Aussie rugby the likes of Willie Ophangaue, Toutai Kefu and Wycliffe Palu but their not exacty a powerhouse. They came 2nd last in the Pacific Nations cup behind the likes of Fiji and Samoa and lost to Australia A 60-15. The fact that English rugby has sunk to the point where they where worried of losing to Tonga is a little sad.

I think he means 'they need the red cross' as in emergency medical aid.

If England beat Aus, then they can beat anyone. Not going to happen.

Much as I like Aus and their rich musical tradition, the awful Waltzing Matilda is going to be echoing through French stadiums for a couple more weeks yet.

england have shown nothing all world cup and are in with no chance.

their effort against the springboks showed that, however i dont think they will be as bad as they were that game and especially with wilkinson back they will pot a few penalty goals and make the score somewhat respectable. besides that they have absolutely nothing and the wallabies will power through their backline.

I was really hoping that England were going to pull out their one big game against either Samoa or Tonga and blitz the islanders but unfortunately that hasn't happened. I've got this awful feeling that England are going to come out and surprise the Wallabies. I'm predicting an early injury to either Barnes or Mortlock that will ruin the Australian backline fluidity and allow the English to get over the line through Wilkinson penalties. What are the odds on a result like this? The TAB is beckoning.

I was really hoping that England were going to pull out their one big game against either Samoa or Tonga and blitz the islanders but unfortunately that hasn't happened. I've got this awful feeling that England are going to come out and surprise the Wallabies. I'm predicting an early injury to either Barnes or Mortlock that will ruin the Australian backline fluidity and allow the English to get over the line through Wilkinson penalties. What are the odds on a result like this? The TAB is beckoning. [/b]

that exact scenario already happened 4 years ago

For possibly the first time in my life I am backing (hoping for that is) the Poms to win. I'm in the same boat as Iverson, I had a dream a while back where we were knocked out in the semis by Australia and it's been toying with me ever since.

C'mon England.

Australia will beat them I mean for england its Barkley or Farrell at 12 says it all really

My dream = Tuqiri suffering a world cup ending injury so we no longer have a dead weight (well, in the backline anyway) in our side...and also it would be nice for the leading Australian try scorer in World Cup history(Drew Mitchell) to get a place on the team instead of Tuqiri...I blame the NSW old boys for the Lote debacle...its all a conspiracy! :ranting:

For possibly the first time in my life I am backing (hoping for that is) the Poms to win. I'm in the same boat as Iverson, I had a dream a while back where we were knocked out in the semis by Australia and it's been toying with me ever since.

C'mon England. [/b]

i had a dream about dan carter a while back, and i woke up with a sore butt :D

Going by England's last game against Tonga, is if an mark Wilky out of the game, you more or less will beat England. Wilky was excellent against Tonga & carries the English immensely.

I can't see England winning this, but going by our exist, anything is possible.

Australia will win I just can't see England beating Australia in their current form. Australia are better overall and have more versatility in the backs & forwards. While England have slow forwards and a unimaginative backline, although their backs are good once they get some momentum and ball which will be entirely up to their forwards to step up.

Imo this is what England will have to do:
-Their Forwards must dominate the Aussie Forwards (which isn't easy) for the most of the game and remain consistantly good for the full 80 min and to keep penalty's to a minimum.

-Johnny Wilkinson Has to be at the top of his game. A average game just won't cut it. He has to control the flow of the game against a talent Aussie backline.

-If the English forwards do dominate the fowards game the main thing they'll have to worry about is their defence in the backs. I predict the Aussies backs will have a good game we'll just have to see how England holds up against them.

England is gonna have a VERY hard game against the Aussies.

The last time the Wallabies were knocked out in the quarters were against England :(

With Australia's superior defence, superior backrow and superior backline, I don't see how England can win this?

Unless they kick high balls to Drew Mitchell... :p

With Australia's superior defence, superior backrow and superior backline, I don't see how England can win this?

Unless they kick high balls to Drew Mitchell... :p
[/b]

j/k I'd actually rather have Drew Mitchell on the wing instead of Tuqiri. For the first time this year I actually thought Mitchell played well on the weekend, but he did drop an easy bomb and he wasn't really tested in defence.

Mitchell looked alright for once but he is too unreliable atm. I wouldn't want him in the WC final dropping a bomb that leads to the match winning try. Really wish Turner was over here as Tuqiri is so over rated.