10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Mortlock ©
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Latham

16. Freier
17. Holmes
18. McMeniman (I prefer Chisholm but McMeniman played really well on the weekend)
19. Hoiles
20. Cordingley/Waugh
21. Tuqiri
22. Huxley

The Wallabies might require an extra halfback replacement with Larkham out and Giteau needed to cover flyhalf. If this was to happen Hoiles would be more use to the Wallabies on the bench instead of Waugh because aside from the fact that I think he's just a downright better player he can cover all backrow positions, is a solid lineout jumper and has a lot of pace which could prove handy when England's big forwards are tiring with... well... 80 minutes to go... :p

As for Turner, well, as I've said many times before - he should've been blooded during the Wales/Fiji tests earlier in the year. There was definately a wasted opportunity there for both him and Josh Holmes. Holmes is so much better than Cordingley it's unbelievable. I was getting sick of Cordingley's (among others) greediness with the ball on the weekend.

lol about cordingley on the weekend

i've seen better service at mcdonalds

My team to play England (although it wouldn't happen) -

1. Dunning
2. Moore
3. Shepherdson
4. Sharpe
5. Vickerman
6. Elsom
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Gregan
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Giteau
13. Mortlock ©
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Latham

16. Freier
17. Holmes
18. McMeniman (I prefer Chisholm but McMeniman played really well on the weekend)
19. Hoiles
20. Cordingley/Waugh
21. Tuqiri
22. Huxley

The Wallabies might require an extra halfback replacement with Larkham out and Giteau needed to cover flyhalf. If this was to happen Hoiles would be more use to the Wallabies on the bench instead of Waugh because aside from the fact that I think he's just a downright better player he can cover all backrow positions, is a solid lineout jumper and has a lot of pace which could prove handy when England's big forwards are tiring with... well... 80 minutes to go... :p

As for Turner, well, as I've said many times before - he should've been blooded during the Wales/Fiji tests earlier in the year. There was definately a wasted opportunity there for both him and Josh Holmes. Holmes is so much better than Cordingley it's unbelievable. I was getting sick of Cordingley's (among others) greediness with the ball on the weekend. [/b]

You'll almost get your wish. That will be the starting team except Tuqiri will be one wing and it will be a toss of the coin between Mitchell and Ashley-Cooper. Mitchell probably get the job as he is just one of those players who knows his way to the try line. His defence is suspect though. A lot of people when picking teams only concnetrate on attacking skills when defence is half of the game. I'm a Lote fan anyway. He'll destroy that Sackey dude like he did that other Pommy speedster in Australia last year. The poms were billing him as a future superstar. Where is he now? I think there still scraping of the Telstra Dome turf.

Agree that there is no need for Waugh with SMith starting and Hoiles on the bench. McMeniman shits on Chisholm. How many times does Chisholm drop the ball/loose it in contact?Having McMeniman and Hoiles on the bench will allow us to have a 5-2 bench. See you later Cordingley. Holmes and Turner will get there chance. There still so young and it would be a huge ask to chuck them in a world cup with only a handful of Super 14 games under there belt. Berricks been on fire but we still need Bernie back to go all the way. We'll probably get a way with it against England but Collins and McCaw et al of the AB's will expose him for what he is. A very talented, very inexperienced green horn.

ive been saying it for months now... Aussie will be going home this weekend... England to win this one...

Sherridan will cause major problems up front... JW will keep oz pinned in there half and the penalties will rack up... JW to kick the aussies out of the cup for the second time in a row...

Is Barnes playing?

The English stand no chance, the Ozzies are to smart a team to lose against a bunch of pensioners. The English were made to look good against Tonga. Paul Sackey is an average wing at best and he's pretty slow too. Mortlock will have a field day.

The wallabies should demolish England. However if England plays at their best they should get close. but still lose to the wallabies

England have a chance but Australia deserve to be hot favourites. I think Mortlock, Palu and Tuquri are going to make huge inroads in Englands midfield. As much as he sucks if I was England I'd pick Farrell at 12. They need some physical presence in the midfield or the Aussies will get the Advantage line all day and when they have fast ball going forward their dangerous. Smith should dominate the breakdown. Australia by 15-20

I think every team has a chance to win it because you just never know what might happen. Fiji beating the Springboks doesn't seem too far fetch after seeing the performance they put up against the Welsh anythings possible.

But back to the topic Australia will kill England if they hit their straps but if England play good than the game will be alot closer. With Larkham out it could make a difference but if Barnes keeps playing the way he has been Australia will have a really good chance.

I just hope Wilkinson doesn't turn it into a dropkick fest that'll just make the game boring and not worth watching.

I honestly feel that it will be a tighter game than i first thought, mainly because of Jonny Wilkinson. Eng steadily and slowly improved with him there, well he made progress the team did their part lol his poor goalkickings is probably a one of so i expect him to really play an pivotal role against the wallabies, as we all know he will. He'll surely put pressure on the wallaby first 5 if larkham isn't fit to play.

and someone stop him and his drop kicks! lol every chance he gets, drah boomfah, a droppy lol

Larkhams likely to be out isn't he? If Mortlock crocks himself as well in the lead up or early on in the game, England could possibly actually win this, meaning 4 more years of Brian Ashton!

England's midfield is very weak and Giteau and Mortlock should have a field day.

I'd love to see Australia absolutely demolish England with Berrick Barnes putting through a drop goal at the end just to rub it in.

Australia only need 40% territory and even less possession to destroy the English. However, it might be closer than logic would dictate (England's form has been atrocious), we have to remember this is one of the biggest and oldest international rivalries in the world. Upsets do happen. Still, my money is on the Aussies for a big win. What more motivation do we need then the 2003 final?

Fingers crossed England can pull one out of the bag. I don't think my heart can take a loss to the Wallabies in a semi-final...assuming we get past France

The only way England have a chance of winning is if every time JW gets within the 50 with ball in hand, he kicks a field goal (unfortunately). Even then I think Australia will still win through scoring of tries. England will need JW to be kicking perfectly and some bloody good defence as well.

i dont think people are showing england enough respect.

i can easily see england beat australia.... JW is a supurb tactical player so i wont be suprised if he pushes a set-piece orientated game. if it ends up raining during the game its going to be even more telling.

i have alot of question marks over australia... who have they actually beaten away from home in the last while??? not NZ, SA, FRA & ENG...

there a good side... but theres a hell of alot of weaknesses for the english to exploit... there nowhere near as complete as SA and NZ.

there a good side... but theres a hell of alot of weaknesses for the english to exploit... there nowhere near as complete as SA and NZ.
[/b]
Hmmm well there's a lot more weaknesses for the Aussies to exploit

I think England will win this. They have not yet shown this year any memories of the 2003 glory days but I still wouldn't write them off just yet. I believe they can pull off an upset win over the Wallabies, and they will do it again by the boots of Wilkinson. Australia have conceded more penalties against all of their opponents in pool games - believe it or not. The worse was a 13 - 4 count in the Welsh game. Now if that happened in this game, then Wilkinson would be kicking over their heads and easily scoring points. It would be good to see this early in the game piling on penalty kicks after penalty kicks, if so, then the Poms are right on track. England's defense is average and certainly will need to show up on this day to stop a ferocious Wallaby back-line.

I don't get it, how can you guys (Kiwis) say England will or can beat the Ozzies? There is no way the English will win this match.