• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia V England

I don't get it, how can you guys (Kiwis) say England will or can beat the Ozzies? There is no way the English will win this match. [/b]
Because they are scared. There's a storm coming boys.

I don't like England team because I'm french! So, I want Australia win this match.

I think Australia is really the best than England

<div class='quotemain'> I don't get it, how can you guys (Kiwis) say England will or can beat the Ozzies? There is no way the English will win this match. [/b]
Because they are scared. There's a storm coming boys.
[/b][/quote]
No ****, they have seen the future and ruthless beating by the Wallabies....we are too smart for you boys...

I don't see this game as a sure win for the wallabies, and the stupid comments by O'Neill have set the ground for what would be a massive upset.

While England have potential, their form has not been good, and meaning no disrespect; If Australia does not win comfortably, then we do not deserve to be up against SA or the All Blacks.

Holy ****, after 4 years of keeping themselves in line, the Oussies have actually got drunk again and believe they can win the whole tournament.

Granted, they'll beat England. Even Wales can do that, so it's hardly an achievement. After that the ABs will skullf*** the convicts.

No the win ratio of AB v Wallaby games is not quite close to 90% :p and it's flattering to NZ considering Australia's terrible form in the early days of rugby. Indeed, the Aussie team name comes from its historical reputation as a minnow side.

Hence why Johnson stated that Australia being favourites was illogical, for the wallabies are apparently "...a small rugby minnow nation, and they're the defending champions. I think England are hot favourites."

AUS arent even on our radar at the moment... we gotta get past a very good french side first... which is hardly a given....

if that happens i would hardly fear aussie... if we play to 75% of what were capable of we will put aussie away.... were actually getting better and better...

i would worry about England more than Australia... atleast with Australia were certain to run over the top of the ozzy scrum... however the English scrum wont be pushovers....

I've been a fan of Aus rugby since Mark Ella turned up at Lansdowne Road! Smartest nation of the lot.

Aus should take it, but the scrum will go England's way. And Jonny up against an inexperienced out half and raining bombs on the wingers will be interesting, if not inspiring.

But England do have the odd flash of brilliance. If they reverse the ratio and make it 5 times in one match, instead of once every 5 matches, then it'll be pull-me-cracker time for English fans at the final whistle.

Too much has to fall in to place - so, Aus 25 Eng 13.

<div class='quotemain'>
After that the ABs will skullf*** the convicts.
[/b]
Yeah mate, and that's what they said in 03...and in Melbourne this year.... [/b][/quote]

Melbounre was a fluke, and a set of circumstances that won't be repeated. We major injury problems in the locking department, and Troy Flavell who started that test had lost 3.5kg in 60 minutes six days earlier and even worse in the centre department (We had 4 players who were at penciled in to start at 13 that week - Smith - Crocked Himself, Toeava - Crocked Himself, Mils - Pandadol crocked himself so had to be shifted to Fullback and McAlister). Than there was probably the worst All Black performance under Henry's era, Haymans sinbinning and Mauger deciding that now would be as good a time as any to help get himself dropped by imploding... even than the Aussies won by only 5 points at the MCG.

I'm not saying that the Aussies stand 0% chance, but pointing to a game 4 years ago which was a radically different team and a test match with circumstances which won't be repeated barring a disaster in the next 6 days in terms of injuries is not the right place to draw inspiration from.

As Andy Sheridan is on form, I'm interested to see if we'll be on non-competetive scrums by the half hour...

...other than that, I'll have to reluctantly say that England just haven't improved enough to take on the Aussies.

I'm going to peg myself with Shtove, Aus 25 Eng 13

if that happens i would hardly fear aussie... if we play to 75% of what were capable of we will put aussie away.... were actually getting better and better...
[/b]
The problem is that we know how to disrupt your game (it's the Aussie way), and when you are actually disrupted you are no where near 75%

Plus we will have nothing to lose, as we are hardly favourites, while the AB's have 20 years of expectations on thier shoulders...

I support FIJI, New Zealand and whoever is playing Australia.

and that's what it's all about.

Actually the T-Shirt doesnt say Fiji in it... [/b]

**** like that makes me sick. i see dickheads wearing that t-shirt over here all the time. if new zealand is so f***ing great, why do they live in australia. no ones keeping them here.

thankfully my kiwis friends aren't so stupid and respect their adopted country

Stu Wilson, who I usually dislike intensely, said that for the good of the game a team, any team, needs to take this World Cup by the scruff of the neck and show people 'This is how you play rugby'. I can't see any team except the All Blacks doing this. I'm not saying they will, but if they don't I don't think anyone else will.