• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia V England

Stu Wilson, who I usually dislike intensely, said that for the good of the game a team, any team, needs to take this World Cup by the scruff of the neck and show people 'This is how you play rugby'. I can't see any team except the All Blacks doing this. I'm not saying they will, but if they don't I don't think anyone else will. [/b]

Were you watching the Wales vs Fiji game or any of the Tongans game??

and Stu Wilson is an idiot.

<div class='quotemain'> Actually the T-Shirt doesnt say Fiji in it... [/b]

**** like that makes me sick. i see dickheads wearing that t-shirt over here all the time. if new zealand is so f***ing great, why do they live in australia. no ones keeping them here.

thankfully my kiwis friends aren't so stupid and respect their adopted country
[/b][/quote]

Blame CentreLink

I agree that Fiji and Tonga have both performed well. But I'm thinking more along the lines of Aussie in Cricket or Brazil in Football. A Dominating team.

Why? So the Rugby World Cup can be as fascinating and engaging as this year's Cricket World Cup? I'd much rather see a whole bunch of teams play really good rugby and make it a tense and interesting competition. I don't see why several teams can't lift and play incredible rugby.

good point^^^...finals ahoy!

england vs australia 03 was a classic rugby match and a fitting one as it was the final..so hopefully theres more of these within the next 2weeks

I support FIJI, New Zealand and whoever is playing Australia.

and that's what it's all about.

[/b]

Hedging your bets. A true fan goes for only one team. Australia can beat NZ. They know they can and thats all that matters. Over history Aus have one about 30%. Since the game went pro its about 40%. I give us a chance and in a one off game that's all you need.

Holy ****, after 4 years of keeping themselves in line, the Oussies have actually got drunk again and believe they can win the whole tournament.

Granted, they'll beat England. Even Wales can do that, so it's hardly an achievement. After that the ABs will skullf*** the convicts. [/b]

Probably the reason the Wallabies have won more World Cups then anyone else is because they "believe they can win". If you don't think you can win what's the point showing up? The last 5 games between Australia and NZ have been pretty close. We've beaten them about 40 odd times over history at about a 30% strike rate which is far superior then anyother team exept SA. At Least we have a crack at them and don't just drop our pants, bend over and let the punishment begin like all the NH sides

True about Aus against the ABs, but we still have to beat England first! Which is unfortunately gonna be a much tougher game than it looked like it would be now that Jonny is back, Larkham and Lyons out... kinda sucks really. If it were the other way round we'd trounce them, but right now it doesn't look so good.

Don't you just get sick of Teh Mite calling us "Oussies"?!?! Wtf is that anyway??? ITS f***ING AUSSIES OR OZZIES. Also, wtf is the go with convicts??? GET OVER IT!

Now, on a lighter note, we will win :)

Congratulations to England for picking up their performance in their last two game...oh **** sorry, i mean Johnny Wilkinson.

Obviously the game will be close but the outcome is obvious to all without a clouded mind.

However, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion on the outcome of this eagerly awaited quarter final :)

I support FIJI, New Zealand and whoever is playing Australia.

[/b]

You're one of those weirdos who comes into the pub wearing one of those patchwork jerseys with every nation on it. You know, like the United Nations of Rugby, aren't you?

As a hundred pairs of eyes turn to glare at you, you throw your hands up!

"Its okay guys! I support everybody! When I'm around Rugby wins!!" :lol:

Hahaha Oussie! That's what you call a black woman working in your house aka a maid, in South Africa.

<div class='quotemain'> Hahaha Oussie! That's what you call a black woman working in your house aka a maid, in South Africa. [/b]

What century is it in South Africa?
[/b][/quote]
No, it's just the way South Africa is..

<div class='quotemain'> Hahaha Oussie! That's what you call a black woman working in your house aka a maid, in South Africa. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Some of us live in this century clearly Bull is still stuck in the last one with a joke like that.

Don't you just get sick of Teh Mite calling us "Oussies"?!?! Wtf is that anyway??? ITS f***ING AUSSIES OR OZZIES. Also, wtf is the go with convicts??? GET OVER IT! [/b]

Don't like it? Tell the rest to stop refering to us as "Poms" then. ;)

It's part of SA's rustic charm, like being able to go down to the Kraal and sex up some secsky Bantu girls and have little J.P Pietersen's :p

Oh i'm bad. seriously though, all that tradition makes S.A unique, one must admit. Just to be clear, i'm being serious and not having a dig at apartheid.

<div class='quotemain'> Don't you just get sick of Teh Mite calling us "Oussies"?!?! Wtf is that anyway??? ITS f***ING AUSSIES OR OZZIES. Also, wtf is the go with convicts??? GET OVER IT! [/b]

Don't like it? Tell the rest to stop refering to us as "Poms" then. ;)
[/b][/quote]
Tell me what is demeaning about the term "Pom" or "Pommie". I don't condone it, however i'm not against it, i just want to know how it offends you :)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
No, it's just the way South Africa is.. [/b][/quote]

Sorry for being politically incorrect. Maybe you should get of your high horse, it was meant as a joke.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
No, it's just the way South Africa is.. [/b][/quote]

Sorry for being politically incorrect. Maybe you should get of your high horse, it was meant as a joke.
[/b][/quote]
I was being serious, in Perth we have a large South African population and many claim they left South Africa because of the end of apartheid...not being able to handle blacks with power...

Anyway.... back to topic!

ENG TEAM:-
Jason Robinson; Paul Sackey, Mathew Tait, Andy Farrell, Josh Lewsey; Jonny Wilkinson, Andy Gomarsall; Andrew Sheridan, Mark Regan, Phil Vickery (captain), Simon Shaw, Ben Kay, Martin Corry, Lewis Moody, Nick Easter.

Replacements: George Chuter, Matt Stevens, Lawrence Dallaglio, Joe Worsley, Peter Richards, Olly Barkley, Dan Hipkiss.

Thoughts..?
Obviously looking for a powerful team to negate the Aussies.

Why is Dallaglio on the bench?

Why is Farrell starting?

What did Stevens do to deserve being dropped?

Where is Tom Rees?

When will Ashton pull his head of his arse?

All very valid questions!!! :p

Like I say, he's obviously just hoping we can overpower them & let Jonny do his business.

Picking the team on form or ability Farrell, Dallaglio, Regan & Vickery certainly wouldn't be there!!
Super harsh on Rees & Stevens imo. Kinda see wot he's trying to do (particularly with Farrell) but its a major gamble unless he believes we have little chance anyway so nothing to lose?!

Tactical genius..?!?!? Unlikely! Hope to be proved wrong!!