• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs Samoa Predictions

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by aucklander
How do you think Australia will go in their first test match against Samoa???? What are your predictions.

Australia 32 - Samoa 22

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bonafidehamo
Australia 58 - Samoa 12

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by IRFU
Australia 39 - 22 Samoa

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Little Guy
Australia 45-12 Samoa

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Woldog
Aus 690 - Samoa 675

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by The big Kangaroo
soma 10 wallabies 42

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DJRonStar
Wallabies 27 Manu 17

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by psychic duck
My prediction:
Australia 34-13 Samoa

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Adizero29196
Australia 39 - Samoa 24

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Muzzy
my prediction:
Australia 40 Samoa 13

Its sad so many of these predictions of Samoa losing I got from this thread were from my USOS!!!:rahh:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sam Owen
Manu Samoa 23 - 19 Wallabies.

Please dont reply to this post.

Im not looking for any medal or a sense of vindication but I was the only one who backed my country in these predictions. THE ONLY ONE.

Mo Samoa ma lau fatu atoa.

I thought I'll bring this post to the front so it doesnt get lost, for my usos to read. Hehe cheesy me.

Last edited:
I put money on Samoa I am now $13.63 richer.

As soon as I saw the odds at the start of the telecast I wish I had put $5 on them. Australia was paying $1.02 what a joke.

Congratulations Manu Samoa.

Cant stop smiling finally recovered from last night, i'll just welcome myself on board usos if thats aiight hahahaha. Replay of game on rugby channel at half 9 cant wait.

Question:
How come when Chris Ashton points to the sky and then does a dive to score a try the whole world explodes and now people feel justified in saying he's a **** etc. however when Tuilagi did it yesterday no-one even raises an eyebrow? ;)

Question:
How come when Chris Ashton points to the sky and then does a dive to score a try the whole world explodes and now people feel justified in saying he's a **** etc. however when Tuilagi did it yesterday no-one even raises an eyebrow? ;)

I love post try celebrations. Beating the defence to score a try is what rugby is all about and thats the beauty that attracts people to the game, a post try celebration after that is just a bonus. Chris Ashton and anyone who scores a try should celebrate how they want IMO. Its a try, an achievement, soon they're not going to want people to jump up and down and be happy when they achieve something like a world cup. Celebrate how you want but becareful not to disrespect anyone in the process.

Completely agree 100%

Same with Ioanes celebrations - he's just ****ing happy he's scored, not disrespecting the opponents

Still on a high at the moment uso's. Thank you Samoa for a brilliant brutal game.. I've just spent a lot of time on the net reading a lot of comments from all sources and what annoys me is all the jealousy and negative comments towards the samoan team. Always good to see a lot of uso's on here showing there support. Loving it USO'S we should all catch up at rwc games lol Malo Sam Owen for getting it right.

Samoa....o ai le toa?o ai le toa o ai le toa?SAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHH chhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeehooooooooohooooooooo.shot sam owen for being the only hamo that predicted a manu victory.big upz to any uso'z who are loud and proud,u proved all the doubters wrong.malo uce keep the faith and keep it blue and true.samoa mo samoa,GO MANU!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

A little off topic, just been thinking a bit,but correct me if I am wrong, was Elsom not the captain when Aus lost to Scotland 2 years ago?

I can't seem to find a team sheet with that info on...

Will be a lesson for Mr. Deans if true

A little off topic, just been thinking a bit,but correct me if I am wrong, was Elsom not the captain when Aus lost to Scotland 2 years ago?

I can't seem to find a team sheet with that info on...

Will be a lesson for Mr. Deans if true
yes: http://www.espnscrum.com/statsguru/rugby/match/96500.html

A
nd something to think about (though I tend to agree with you more than with this article): http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/are-we-nearly-there-yet/ (note: this dates from just before the Hong Kong test vs the AB)

Ah, I see SA are back in 2nd position on the IRB world rankings thanks to Samoa (by a whole point!). Thanks, guys!!

Hey guys, sorry I been M.I.A last couple of days. But after a biiiiiig bender Im back and ready to share my two cents on the historic victory for Samoa.
I honestly woke up sunday just prior to the game and thought to myself 'I have a really funny feeling about todays game'. I watched the day before with the experts on the rugby club giving their predictions, showing no respect to the Samoans claiming the Wallabies would TROUNCE the Samoans by margins of atleast 30+ points. Dan Leo would later go on to say that 'the team was insulted by the wallabies seeming to use this game as a trial game'. Digby ioane during a pre game interview claimed 'Australia were to make a STATEMENT against Samoa'. Well they sure did. It was obvious from the pre game that Australia treated this as if it was another game. Watching the Samoans and the brief pause at the start of their Siva tau wardance, I knew that THIS was more than just another game. This was for them and for us Samoas chance to make HISTORY and Show the world that HEART, PASSION and GUTS can STILL lift a team beyond to a higher plane than those with vast resources at their disposal, even in a proffesional age of rugby that we're in.

I cannot express in words how proud and how happy I was watching this game. Not since watching them play England at the 2003 RWC had I jumped around SCREAMING and CHEERING my team as loud as I did Sunday. Not one of the players didnt step up and played to their maximum potential. It was Samoas day in every aspect of the game. The big hits kept comin and coming being the Trademark of Samoan rugby. We were putting on the hits to the point you could see the Australians were hesitant to run the ball as the intimidation of taking a big tackle was taking its toll on their handling. The lineout was OUTSTANDING...We won every lineout bar one on our own throw and we even STOLE one. I cannot remember the last time we stole a clean ball at the lineout against a tier 1 nation and I have watched just about every Manu Samoa game since the RWC 2003. I said it before on these boards that Kane Thompson is our first choice lineout option and he justified that during this game. Dan Leo also performed well in the lineout and marked our vast improvement than the yesteryears before last years EOYT as this was the weakest part of our game aswell as our scrum. Our scrum was another aspect that we held our own which was another detrimental factor in us being able to compete and ultimately beat the wallabies. Our front row combination of Perenise, Taulafo and Schwalger is up their with the best we've had in years. Our work at the breakdowns blowing over the Australians and causing disrubtion for them to get clean ball could be put down to the hard work of our Loose trio Tuifua, Fa'asavalu and Stowers. Stowers and Fa'asavalu copped the brunt of criticism following their lack of being to match the Fijians at the breakdown. They definatley SILENCED all of that and showed that they are indeed a formitable partnership, and all were destructive with ball in hand to. Our halves combined very well all day. Fotuali'i showed leadership and poise with him and Tuse Pisi giving good clean distribtition for their outside backs to be able to unleash. Tusi Pisi showed me that he does have a decent boot nailing all But 1 kick to keep the scoreboard ticking over for Samoa. Our Midfield combination of G Pisi and Mapasua played hard and combined well, with mapasua striking fear in the Aussie backline putting on a number of trademark hits. Tagicakibau was quiet for most of the day, but he did manage to shut down Ioane and his handling of the ball was crucial in the try scored by Kane Thompson. Paul williams had a good day at fullback making good decisions, kicking and defending well. Last but not least ALESANA TUILAGI. he finaly got to showcase to Australia and the southern hemisphere why he is such a household name over in Europe. Big hit after big hit was soo detrimental to rattling the Aussie backline. Rod Davies was obviously intimidated after being rocked by the big samoan winger on a number of occasions. Highlight of the Match though unquestionably his breakout try thanks to the pressure put on at the breakdown and the pass between the legs from Mapasua pouncing on the loose ball. Giteau never had a chance and was def one of the best trys and biggest highlights for Manu Samoa rugby. The players that came off the bench all managed to make their mark including Helleur who I was very critical during last weeks outing vs Tonga. He still has a bit to prove to me that he is a worthy selection for Samoas RWC campaign but definatly made alot of strides in doing so.

The result of this game is one of the biggest moments in Samoas proud rugby history and definatly my biggest moment ever following any sport. I have been a die hard Manu Samoa fan ever since I went to my first rugby game as a casual fan watching them live play Uruguay and Georgia in 2003. I walked away from those two games as the rugby fanatic and die hard Manu Supporter that I am today....and after Years of standing by and beliving in the team through all the dissapointments, poor results and low after low that they have repaid every bit of faith and belief I have shown to the team and will always show till the day I die. Call me what you want but I literally cried from the result of that game which goes to show how much this team and this result means to me and the rest of the die hard Manu Samoa rugby fans. Im still riding on cloud nine :cool::cool::cool:

WATCH OUT RWC..THE SAMOANS ARE COMING!! CHEEE-HUUUUUUU!!!!!

Last edited:
Been watching Leicester and Tuilagi all season, he is very very good, next to being a beast.

Saw him running down the wing and saw Giteau covering, and him just laughing... Awesome.

The commentators: ''Rod Davies is gonna have nightmares of him.''

Latest posts